Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Where to load VRs other than Bluebird and Amex Prepaid?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Where to load VRs other than Bluebird and Amex Prepaid?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2013, 3:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Bender464
Originally Posted by savekenny
Why is it anyone's business how many VRs I'm buying at my local stores?! They never run out of them.
It's not.

Are you still getting 5X points from your VR purchase?
No

Just 1.4x miles or 6x HH.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lwildernorva
Correct. Not anybody's business how illiquid you keep your assets.

Of course, if you want folks to stay out of your business, posting about it on a public forum is an ineffective way to do that.
That's the point of my question--I want to free up some of these cards, though I have no problem with keeping <$10K illiquid. Thanks for your suggestion! ^
Old Apr 12, 2013, 4:40 pm

The 5 you mention are the only ones shown on the VR display.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 10:08 pm

Bluebird loading from MyVanillaDebit or Amex prepaid

I use Bluebird card and my wife also has a Bluebird card. In first 10 days of April, I have exhausted maximum monthly load limit of 10K together on two cards.

What to do for rest of the month?

I want to explore other options of continued funding to Bluebird but not sure about them.

I can load MVD using Vanilla Reloads. Can I then use MVD as a debit card to load Bluebird using my MVD PIN # at Walmart. That way I can add additional $4000 each or $8000 split in my two Bluebird cards. This will allow me to use full $100,000 limit per year for each card which I cannot use today due to limited to $60,000 per year per card.

Does Amex prepaid come with PIN #? Can it be used to transfer money to Bluebird?

Please share your experiences.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 11:05 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Nishant1
Please do some research.

You reached a BB limit, how do you expect to go above it?
Old Apr 13, 2013, 12:10 am

Programs: BA, AA, United
You can only load BB upto 5K a month with VR's and debit (it's not 5K each, 5K in total). Even with DD, it is still 5K minit.

You can load upto 100K or whatever the limit with transfer from bank or DD but why would you do that.

Review the MVD thread, there have been so many shutdowns lately.

Originally Posted by Nishant1
I use Bluebird card and my wife also has a Bluebird card. In first 10 days of April, I have exhausted maximum monthly load limit of 10K together on two cards.

What to do for rest of the month?

I want to explore other options of continued funding to Bluebird but not sure about them.

I can load MVD using Vanilla Reloads. Can I then use MVD as a debit card to load Bluebird using my MVD PIN # at Walmart. That way I can add additional $4000 each or $8000 split in my two Bluebird cards. This will allow me to use full $100,000 limit per year for each card which I cannot use today due to limited to $60,000 per year per card.

Does Amex prepaid come with PIN #? Can it be used to transfer money to Bluebird?

Old Apr 14, 2013, 2:03 pm
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

Discussion of money laundering and SAR's has been exported to this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manuf...ey-orders.html
Old Apr 22, 2013, 8:29 pm

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Why are folks so averse to doing some limited swiping with these cards? Won't that keep the issuers happy and only slightly dent our profits?
Old Apr 23, 2013, 6:00 am

Originally Posted by TheDapperDon
Why are folks so averse to doing some limited swiping with these cards? Won't that keep the issuers happy and only slightly dent our profits?
Greed.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 6:54 am

Originally Posted by WhateverDude
Greed.
No, inconvenience. If I carried all of the prepaids I use with me, I'd have to carry a binder full of cards.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 8:54 am

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
Originally Posted by gloreglabert
No, inconvenience. If I carried all of the prepaids I use with me, I'd have to carry a binder full of cards.
All we have to do is rotate the cards out. Carry a card one week at a time and make some swipes at the parking garage or other places that don't get rewards.

It's dumb to me to keep killing deals and getting shut down when everyone could play nice in the sandbox and keep generating rewards and make a little money on the side.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 9:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All we have to do is rotate the cards out. Carry a card one week at a time and make some swipes at the parking garage or other places that don't get rewards.

It's dumb to me to keep killing deals and getting shut down when everyone could play nice in the sandbox and keep generating rewards and make a little money on the side.
Any evidence that this actually helps?
Old Apr 23, 2013, 10:27 am

Programs: Plat IHG, Marriott Rewards Silver, CSP, Ink Bold, USDM, *Wood Gold, AA, Club Carl
I've seen my CSP get 2x points on parking garages and tolls.

Old Apr 23, 2013, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by vodkashine
I've seen my CSP get 2x points on parking garages and tolls.
Thanks for the tips.
Old Apr 23, 2013, 11:05 am

Originally Posted by josephstern
Any evidence that this actually helps?
Not necessarily. However, I find it difficult to believe that I will get shut down if I pay a few bills here, swipe a few times there, and withdraw cash when I actually need it versus trying to convert credit to cash on a large scale.

I'm all about beating the system. We need to be smart enough to know that the system makes the rules and can decide to shut us down or make the deals less appealing. If I swipe 4 or 5 times and pay 5 bucks total, I'm still winning. The companies are too if everyone swipes. Folks that never take their card out of the house are probably going to get shut down sooner rather than later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.