Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Prepaid Cards to Replace Wells Fargo PP

Search this Thread

Old Mar 25, 2013, 9:56 am

Originally Posted by zozeppelin
Thanks for the hints. Unless I am missing something,
Must have been raised by a lawyer. Fees everywhere. Worse is the 2.5% CC surcharge.
Clear on the other, but no direct method.
Still working on the third.
Suppose I should share ..... WHAAAAAAT? .... I'll report back ..... YEAAAAH!
Like you mentioned, I thought the first method in OP was closed years back because of outrageous fees. Is it still around in a new version?
Old Mar 25, 2013, 11:47 am

Originally Posted by iminsandiego
Like you mentioned, I thought the first method in OP was closed years back because of outrageous fees. Is it still around in a new version?
Same here. Can't figure it out. I see lots on this in 2010, but wiki not helping me find a successor.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond because they have nothing higher
Originally Posted by prasha11
not surprised!
But everyone would be surprised if you understood the clues and knew what the card was. Or perhaps you are one of the many many people to PM with Zero Posts who set up a Double Account Identity on this forum not to sound stupid or to get answers to questions. Since some people know after all the incorrect facts they have posted that know one will share a good deal with them. What was it something you called BB incorrectly hahahahaha
Old Apr 1, 2013, 7:09 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Moderator action

A half dozen posts have been removed. Write about earning miles, not about each other.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 9:43 am

Programs: Marriot Rewards, Southwest Rapid rewards, Emerald Club, Avis Preferred
I received a blue school card in the mail. I'm waiting for a PP debit to arrive in the mail that I will fund with MPs. I'm new to this game, but I'm constantly popping into stores of call kind to see what I can find. It's like mining for gold.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 5:06 pm

If anyone wants to share alternatives they are using please feel free to PM me. More than happy to disclose my tools.
Old Apr 3, 2013, 6:58 am

Smile momentum prepaid

Anybody has (good or bad) experience to share on this prepaid card: http://www.momentumcard.com/
Old Apr 3, 2013, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by liw5215
Anybody has (good or bad) experience to share on this prepaid card: http://www.momentumcard.com/
I have it. $10 fee per month and it seems to have pretty significant bean load limits. I can't figure out the load limits yet but it doesn't appear to be more than $2500 per rolling month and may be less. It is a pretty small scale play at best. Unlikely to be a keeper for me.

Last edited by lkar; Apr 3, 2013 at 8:08 pm
Old Apr 3, 2013, 12:12 pm

Programs: UA MPE, BA Blue, AA, IHG Plat Amb, Marriot Silver, HHonors Silver, National Exec, Avis First
Originally Posted by rdaven2003
No one has mentioned the one that is like a headlight. Here by the SEA grass is the right way to come to it's aid. Some say if you feed to much grass they won't let you mow the lawn. So I pile my grass in many different stacks. I have no problems with it then.
PM please? I live by the sea also...
Old Apr 9, 2013, 2:42 pm

When will it be limited to wells fargo only
Old Apr 10, 2013, 7:53 pm

Originally Posted by mytf
When will it be limited to wells fargo only
According to their site, I believe it's May 1, 2013 (but I did not pull it up just now, just citing from memory).

It is also posted here in the other WF thread on numerous occasion.

However, if you log into your account on the WF website, it's pretty hard to miss the notice and information.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 11:11 am

Location: WashDC - AA Lifetime Gold, UA Premier Gold, Marriott Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, Cal Tort Burrito Elito
Originally Posted by lkar
I have it. $10 fee per month and it seems to have pretty significant bean load limits. I can't figure out the load limits yet but it doesn't appear to be more than $2500 per rolling month and may be less. It is a pretty small scale play at best. Unlikely to be a keeper for me.
I'm interested in folks experience's with this as well. I got one last year when OD was still in play. Have used it sparingly in favor of other options but has been useful for large debit. Curious though how hard it can be pushed.

And FWIW although the website sez $10 per month fee I haven't been charged that. As always YMMV.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 11:32 am

Programs: ALL :)
Originally Posted by gatorboy
I'm interested in folks experience's with this as well. I got one last year when OD was still in play. Have used it sparingly in favor of other options but has been useful for large debit. Curious though how hard it can be pushed.

And FWIW although the website sez $10 per month fee I haven't been charged that. As always YMMV.
I've talked to other people that if you hit it for over the Netspend amount 15K that is the shutoff limit. Also heard same process to get the cash back as netspend.

Please let me know if anyone has experienced different results.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 1:21 pm

Originally Posted by steventravel
I've talked to other people that if you hit it for over the Netspend amount 15K that is the shutoff limit. Also heard same process to get the cash back as netspend.

Please let me know if anyone has experienced different results.
Sounds like it has a relatively low mass, and getting money back would be at very low velocity.
Old Apr 12, 2013, 7:15 pm

Originally Posted by WhateverDude
Sounds like it has a relatively low mass, and getting money back would be at very low velocity.
Well played.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.