Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Simple: The next pre-paid to rival Bluebird?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 23, 2014, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: MasterCharge
https://simple.com/

It’s Simple
Use the Simple card for all your purchases. See transactions appear in your account in seconds.

Pay Anyone
The fastest, most intuitive way to pay your friends and pay your bills–by check or electronic funds transfer.

Get Cash
Welcome to the largest no-fee ATM network, Allpoint®.

See limits, terms, etc.
https://simple.com/policies/bancorp-account-agreement/

...These limits are $3,000 per check ($2,000 first 30 days) with a daily maximum of $5,000 and no more than 5 per day. There can be no more than 10 checks per week with a total of $25,000, or 15 checks not to exceed $75,000. Limits may be changed based on the length of time the account is opened and account activity.
Fees (Rivals Bluebird)
https://simple.com/policies/schedule-of-fees/

Shutdowns
Yes see post 137, 287
Print Wikipost

Simple: The next pre-paid to rival Bluebird?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29, 2013, 11:37 pm

Originally Posted by shopper711
Signed up for it. In the instant email, it said "Thanks for signing up for an invite.... You'll see your invite in the next several months. ..."
hahah what on earth!? That's terrible.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:48 am

Programs: DL Diamond
[QUOTE=shoreline;20150144]
Originally Posted by ralexander
It can take months to receive an invite. Go to lifehacker.com, they just wrote an article about Simple today. At the very bottom of the article it says if you request an invite from their page you get fast tracked and should have an invite within a week or something like that. I read it this afternoon so I don't really remember the time frame it listed but it's a lot sooner than going directly to Simple's website. Some people have been waiting almost a year to receive their invite.[/QUOTE]

Golly gee. hate to deal with them on a money issue or something that went wrong with the account.

This is hideous customer service.

On the contrary, I'd rather a company not expand too quickly before they add the server capacity, trained staff, etc to handle it well.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 5:14 am

Exactly. They are a startup & actually their customer service is amazing. If you email their support someone responds usually within an hour. I think 3 hours is the longest I've waited. Or you can call & get through immediately like any other institution. I haven't had any issues with my account, I've only contacted them to ask about the timeline for future services. I've been very happy so far.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 5:47 am

[QUOTE=DC777Fan;20150927]
Originally Posted by shoreline

On the contrary, I'd rather a company not expand too quickly before they add the server capacity, trained staff, etc to handle it well.

I'm sure they are working diligently to get in on the profit. It's also not good business to 'open your doors', so to speak, unprepared to handle the business. So, only the future will tell...........

Exactly. They are a startup & actually their customer service is amazing. If you email their support someone responds usually within an hour. I think 3 hours is the longest I've waited. Or you can call & get through immediately like any other institution. I haven't had any issues with my account, I've only contacted them to ask about the timeline for future services. I've been very happy so far.

Well, at least it appears they may have effective customer service for the one's onboard (possibly, we will have to wait to see if others have the same experience).

However, unprepared for business from the onset is not a terribly great business model, imo.

I have no clue how successful they will be or not, but with such warnings posted, for anyone who gets put on a 'several months' wait list to get anything accomplished, won't exactly be able to say they should be surprised.

I'm not saying join or not........just a simple opinion (and I am certain many will have differing opinions and experiences as well).
Old Jan 30, 2013, 8:08 am

Programs: DL Platinum, SPG Gold
What other banks support electronic deposits on Money Orders? I think it's a good option.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 8:37 am

If you want a guaranteed invite check here:

http://lifehacker.com/5979785/simple...riority-access

"Simple has agreed to give Lifehacker readers if they request an invite anytime this week (until 11:59 PM on Sunday, February 3rd 2013"
Old Jan 30, 2013, 9:09 am

Business should always be thinking in the long-term, startup or not. Opening your doors when you're not fully equipped to handle a potential drastic spike in growth, isn't wise (and ANY successful business owner will agree). It's not impossible to recover from it, but startups should always be making their decisions based on whether or not they're scalable.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Finally back in Boston after escaping from New York
It can take months to receive an invite. Go to lifehacker.com, they just wrote an article about Simple today. At the very bottom of the article it says if you request an invite from their page you get fast tracked and should have an invite within a week or something like that. I read it this afternoon so I don't really remember the time frame it listed but it's a lot sooner than going directly to Simple's website. Some people have been waiting almost a year to receive their invite.
To be totally fair, several of us have waited months or almost a year on the phone to get through to BB CS and not succeeded.

Mike
Old Jan 30, 2013, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by texasguy77
That must be an error, I saw that you could deposit money orders via smartphone. The last time I check this wasn't something that any bank offered, only check deposits.
I'm able to deposit MO's via scanner or smart phone with state farm.

Last edited by Mrgolfer21; Feb 7, 2013 at 11:38 am Reason: typo
Old Jan 30, 2013, 11:38 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, SPG & IHG Plat, & every airline program that I can join
I know that Suntrust and Chase banks deposit system does not let you use the camera option for Money orders, they said that there is too much risk to let them do it. Plus at least the ones I buy, the ink is so light I can barely read it, so the camera might not pick it up anyway.
Cheers!

JudyJFLA
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:07 pm

i don't know how they can make you 'priority' when the link in the article doesn't have any referral coding at all- it's just simple.com. perhaps it was a referral link and hit their quota, but i don't see any way this can be a priority list with that link.

as others said, teh only reason to bother is if you can load it with GD or VR. the only advantage to the money order app is saving a trip to the bank. but i think you need to spread those MO deposits around anyway.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by uncommonsensical
i don't know how they can make you 'priority' when the link in the article doesn't have any referral coding at all- it's just simple.com. perhaps it was a referral link and hit their quota, but i don't see any way this can be a priority list with that link.

as others said, teh only reason to bother is if you can load it with GD or VR. the only advantage to the money order app is saving a trip to the bank. but i think you need to spread those MO deposits around anyway.
Exactly. Without VR/PP/GD reloads, the service is useless. I signed up for an invite just in case they decide to accept them.

Absent VR, I don't see why SIMPLE is attractive. You can get fee-free checking in a lot of places - with all the advantages of large banks (ATMs/local branches) etc etc.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 12:24 pm

You dont need anything to identify that you came to simple from lifehacker, provided simple has enough server side coding to track the REFERER element of the standard http request

Originally Posted by uncommonsensical
Old Jan 30, 2013, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by topmikey
Business should always be thinking in the long-term, startup or not. Opening your doors when you're not fully equipped to handle a potential drastic spike in growth, isn't wise (and ANY successful business owner will agree). It's not impossible to recover from it, but startups should always be making their decisions based on whether or not they're scalable.
True regarding long term. And.........getting your business ripped apart online from being unprepared to handle business before you even get off the ground running can be very detrimental.

I know you disagree, as will some others. To each his own. This is why we all have differing opinions.

Word of mouth can be vicious these days. Hence, may companies putting social media to work to combat the negative aspects of such.

Please note: I am not dogging the company. I know nothing about them. Just repsonding to a post that said months to a year to wait for a response. "hence, very bad public outlook quickly".

Plus, ever heard of "You never get a 2nd chance to make a 1st impression?" This goes a long waayysss in business and personal life. The 1st impression is extremely important in the success of a business.

Last edited by shoreline; Jan 30, 2013 at 7:01 pm Reason: added: Plus,,,,
Old Feb 7, 2013, 8:37 am

Programs: ALL :)
Originally Posted by shoreline
True regarding long term. And.........getting your business ripped apart online from being unprepared to handle business before you even get off the ground running can be very detrimental.

I know you disagree, as will some others. To each his own. This is why we all have differing opinions.

Word of mouth can be vicious these days. Hence, may companies putting social media to work to combat the negative aspects of such.

Please note: I am not dogging the company. I know nothing about them. Just repsonding to a post that said months to a year to wait for a response. "hence, very bad public outlook quickly".

Plus, ever heard of "You never get a 2nd chance to make a 1st impression?" This goes a long waayysss in business and personal life. The 1st impression is extremely important in the success of a business.

Anyone actually have this card? Shoot me a PM

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.