Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

All things PAYPAL [2013-2014 Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 17, 2013, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Paypal MyCash $500 daily load limit resets after 12:00am EST
Paypal MyCash $4000 per calendar month load limit resets after 3:00am EST

An additional $4000 per month can be loaded using Greendot Moneypaks. See the Moneypak thread for issues with these. Limit purchases to no more than 2 x $500 at a time.

To get a live PayPal MyCash representative, call 1-855-721-5035, press 1 to all the voice prompts until it asks you for your PIN, and then press 0#, 0#, and 0#.

If you are getting error code 26 when loading MyCash to your account:
  1. Login to Paypal on a computer, not phone
  2. Go to settings (it is the gear)
  3. Choose selling tools on the left
  4. Scroll down to: Block payments -- Limit payments, add instructions, and more -- and choose update
  5. On the page "Payment Receiving Preferences" select the first radio button, "For the items not sold on eBay, Only allow payments from the users with confirmed address."
  6. Be sure that NO is chosen
  7. Save and you are done
Print Wikipost

All things PAYPAL [2013-2014 Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2013, 8:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Depends if it would bother you to lose your Paypal privileges forever, which it will eventually.

In my case I cannot risk it.
Old Nov 8, 2013, 12:59 pm

Programs: *$ Gold :)
nano MS opportunity

when PP verifies CC it takes $1.95 from it and places into your PP account.
You are free then to withdraw it to your bank account.

lol
Old Nov 11, 2013, 2:57 pm

Programs: Former UA 1K, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IC AMB
I had purchased 4 PP reloads fr 7/11 in the last month, but on a trip last week, only 1/2 CCs worked, and I thought it was an issue with one of the CCs being an AU card.

Today, 0/2 worked (VISA and Ink Bold)...and the receipt said Approved for both in the CC section with the numbers and details, but the line items voided out both times. I left empty-handed.

Is this what it looks like if these reloads are hard coded to be cash only?
Old Nov 11, 2013, 3:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by portishead
I had purchased 4 PP reloads fr 7/11 in the last month, but on a trip last week, only 1/2 CCs worked, and I thought it was an issue with one of the CCs being an AU card.

Today, 0/2 worked (VISA and Ink Bold)...and the receipt said Approved for both in the CC section with the numbers and details, but the line items voided out both times. I left empty-handed.

Is this what it looks like if these reloads are hard coded to be cash only?
had the exact samething happen. P/Ued up some on a Sat night and Sun morn no-go. Its hit or miss, many places that I was able to get them its now seeing Approved followed by an immediate reversal of the transaction

thats why after my CC closes in the next couple of days,Im headed out to p/u Decs load at the couple of stores where I was able to last week, this way I wont have to pay for them until after I get the $$ from PP after loading them But the 7s are a commin to an end
Old Nov 11, 2013, 7:30 pm

I have a local -4 that has kept PP cards and OVs alive despite killing VRs. I have found that the activation service has a STRICT one $500 card per card per 24 hours. I've been rejected when I swiped about 4 minutes before the 24-hour mark. Wait a day and a half and try again. If you're still blocked, then the registers are hard-coded to kick the transaction back.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 7:37 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by busymike
I have a local -4 that has kept PP cards and OVs alive despite killing VRs. I have found that the activation service has a STRICT one $500 card per card per 24 hours. I've been rejected when I swiped about 4 minutes before the 24-hour mark. Wait a day and a half and try again. If you're still blocked, then the registers are hard-coded to kick the transaction back.
Ive always purchased 2. Paid for 1 then presented the next PP and paid for that 1. Since its for business I need a receipt for each client that will have to pay me back. Usually they never even ask but just swipe them. Never tried more then 2 not wanting to wake the sleeping fraud dept of my CC.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 8:24 pm

Programs: Former UA 1K, SPG Gold, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IC AMB
Thanks for the feedback...but I was using 2 different CCs, and last bought one on 11/6. This was the only gas-coded place that let me pay with CCs...I can try again with VGCs though.
Old Nov 11, 2013, 8:24 pm

you buy two with the same card over two transactions? I've never tried that. I buy two per visit with different cards. The cashiers just laugh and say "See you tomorrow."

If I were ever questioned about splitting up the transactions, I would act like I'm poor and don't have the credit available. That would fit the demographics of the average -4 patron at the one I stop at. Some of the cashiers are missing many teeth, but they're nice. My only beef is that one day I watched them sell cigs to a pregnant lady while asking her "so when's the baby due? oh two weeks? are you ready?" *smh*
Old Nov 14, 2013, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by filter
Is anyone having success with PP Business Debit online loads to BB? My first 5 went through, but since then every single one has been declined on the Paypal side. I thought this would be an easy extra $1k spend/month, but it's not working for me.

I was also disappointed to find that it does not seem to be possible to run the PP Business Debit as a debit card for any of the IRS Tax payment processors.

So far the only way I'm getting money out is as cashback with debit PIN purchases.
From what I can gather, it's not Paypal that's declining your online deposit.
It's Bluebird.
You need to call them and verify that you are the true owner of the debit card.
They will ask your permission to contact the bank that issued your debit card.
Once this clear, you shouldn't have problem in the future.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 8:24 pm

Originally Posted by shingu79
From what I can gather, it's not Paypal that's declining your online deposit.
It's Bluebird.
You need to call them and verify that you are the true owner of the debit card.
They will ask your permission to contact the bank that issued your debit card.
Once this clear, you shouldn't have problem in the future.
Thank you! The way Bluebird worded the email I assumed that it was on Paypal's end. I just got off the phone with them so hopefully it will work now.
Old Nov 14, 2013, 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by filter
Thank you! The way Bluebird worded the email I assumed that it was on Paypal's end. I just got off the phone with them so hopefully it will work now.
I believe when a method goes to masses it can end up in only two ways:
- shut down of loophole (Example: some GC types via Square) or
- shut down of personal accounts, PP is known for...

people there are not naive... They have great customer support BTW, IMO.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 3:13 pm

Today, my PayPal Business Debit MasterCard was denied multiple times.

However, there is no issue with my PayPal account.

Any thought?
Old Nov 16, 2013, 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by godsquare
Today, my PayPal Business Debit MasterCard was denied multiple times.

However, there is no issue with my PayPal account.

Any thought?
well not many actually.

I tried mine with backup funding from bank account. First transaction went through, the subsequent was denied. They explained that's my account is new and they have never received any payments from my bank account yet...
Nice.
Old Nov 17, 2013, 6:36 pm

The Paypal Prepaid Mastercard has $10 extracare bucks at CVS this week.

How good is this card? On the back, it says that there is a $4.95 monthly fee. Is there any way around this?
Old Nov 17, 2013, 8:11 pm

Originally Posted by rambro
The Paypal Prepaid Mastercard has $10 extracare bucks at CVS this week.

How good is this card? On the back, it says that there is a $4.95 monthly fee. Is there any way around this?
You will have to pay $4.95 purchase fee plus $4.95 first month fee when you purchase the card.

So actually you get nothing.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.