Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

All things PAYPAL [2013-2014 Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 17, 2013, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Paypal MyCash $500 daily load limit resets after 12:00am EST
Paypal MyCash $4000 per calendar month load limit resets after 3:00am EST

An additional $4000 per month can be loaded using Greendot Moneypaks. See the Moneypak thread for issues with these. Limit purchases to no more than 2 x $500 at a time.

To get a live PayPal MyCash representative, call 1-855-721-5035, press 1 to all the voice prompts until it asks you for your PIN, and then press 0#, 0#, and 0#.

If you are getting error code 26 when loading MyCash to your account:
  1. Login to Paypal on a computer, not phone
  2. Go to settings (it is the gear)
  3. Choose selling tools on the left
  4. Scroll down to: Block payments -- Limit payments, add instructions, and more -- and choose update
  5. On the page "Payment Receiving Preferences" select the first radio button, "For the items not sold on eBay, Only allow payments from the users with confirmed address."
  6. Be sure that NO is chosen
  7. Save and you are done
Print Wikipost

All things PAYPAL [2013-2014 Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2014, 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by ILGfly
I wonder if they are looking for only or almost only WM transactions specifically. On my PP accounts I do pretty much all $2k BPs but I do them all at KM. The only non-KM transaction I do is $1.5K in SC Serve loads each month on one account.
I have received two warnings in the past two months. None worded with Walmart. All I do is online Serve loads for $500.00 I like this card but wont be upset if they shut me down.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 7:05 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott Titanium, National Car Exec Elite
Originally Posted by doubleheader
So I received the dreaded email. I have loaded and unloaded approx 13K since August. I have never withdrawn to a bank account only to Serve. I was under the impression from previous posts that they did not mind this. Has anyone continued paypal my cash activity after the email or do you just let this avenue go?
I received the email on all 3 of my accounts on Oct 14.

I did my regular loads for both Nov and Dec with no issues. That involves loading 3 accounts, then sending from B and C into A. In A I withdraw to checking account in the amounts sent from B & C and also use the PPMC for MOs at Walmart. I also pay my rent by sending from A.

I've been doing this since April.
Old Dec 9, 2014, 8:35 pm

Programs: DL DM Hub Captive, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat, and other stuff.
Originally Posted by troydwhite
I received the email on all 3 of my accounts on Oct 14.

I did my regular loads for both Nov and Dec with no issues. That involves loading 3 accounts, then sending from B and C into A. In A I withdraw to checking account in the amounts sent from B & C and also use the PPMC for MOs at Walmart. I also pay my rent by sending from A.

I've been doing this since April.

I can't imagine you'll survive for any extended period of time with that strategy. I for one would very much appreciate the data points if you could remember to post back here periodically about your progress.
Old Dec 10, 2014, 7:22 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by chaser123
I have received two warnings in the past two months. None worded with Walmart. All I do is online Serve loads for $500.00 I like this card but wont be upset if they shut me down.
You do realize if they shut you down, they will hold onto all the $$ thats in your acct for 6 months. Its not simply OK goodbye we dont want to do biz with you any longer. Unknown is if they can reverse any outgoing transaction eg you just did #8 and sent out $4000 the next day they shut youd own , are they are able to stop the transfer. loading $500 and immediately sending it out will only grab their attention but will limit any damage
Old Dec 10, 2014, 9:46 pm

Programs: Regal Crown Club
Originally Posted by craz
they will hold onto all the $$ thats in your acct for 6 months
Good you can hedge yourself against that
Old Dec 14, 2014, 6:39 pm

Anyone know if you can load Serve with a PPBDMC? I did it for a small amount and went through OK. Wondering if I can do this for larger amounts ($200 per day, $1,000 per month). Would certainly save me some trips to Walmart.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by georgecostanza
Anyone know if you can load Serve with a PPBDMC? I did it for a small amount and went through OK. Wondering if I can do this for larger amounts ($200 per day, $1,000 per month). Would certainly save me some trips to Walmart.
Yes.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 7:37 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by georgecostanza
This is what I've done for about 5 or 6 months until I got THE email. I've never withdrawn money to my bank account, only did BB loads in addition to occasional spending with DC and eBay and other online purchases. I usually loaded $2000 to $2500 to my PP account which was then loaded to two BB accounts with two separate DCs. This is my long time PP account linked to my eBay buying/ selling account.
Old Dec 14, 2014, 8:09 pm

Originally Posted by Namaste1
This is what I've done for about 5 or 6 months until I got THE email. I've never withdrawn money to my bank account, only did BB loads in addition to occasional spending with DC and eBay and other online purchases. I usually loaded $2000 to $2500 to my PP account which was then loaded to two BB accounts with two separate DCs. This is my long time PP account linked to my eBay buying/ selling account.
PPBDMC is my go to card for daily spending.

No emails.
Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:01 am

Datapoint

got a second letter today loaded $300 to serve to balance a $200 vgc
also have ppbcmc and do 1k per mo debit ob Serve

really like the MS...oh well
still alive..hope this doesnt jinx it!

stopped transferring cash A>B
never withdrew to bank

tick tock....
Old Dec 15, 2014, 4:11 pm
Suspended

the key to the closed down is do you use your PP acct many times for buying and selling. if you do then they may restrict you acct. If however its almost all load and send out to your bank or friend then most likely if you step on their toes they will shut you down completely from PP, the warning email is basically saying should you reload your PP acct using MyCash again = goodbye

it seems the My Cash dept has different T&Cs then PP or the PPDC, and each dept has no idea what the other is up to. the warning emails come from the Risk(Compiance) Dept and theres no way for any of us to contact them directly, so when they do something its pretty much written in stone. they dont any facts if it looks like a duck to them then its a duck even thou it has a set of horns on it and no feathers and feet arent webbed

So walk very carefully and if you got that email Isay its best to find another game to play
Old Dec 15, 2014, 4:18 pm

Originally Posted by retired7328
Datapoint

got a second letter today
do you mean a second warning? meaning, second on the same account previously warned (not a different account)?
Old Dec 15, 2014, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by retired7328
Datapoint

got a second letter today loaded $300 to serve to balance a $200 vgc
also have ppbcmc and do 1k per mo debit ob Serve

really like the MS...oh well
still alive..hope this doesnt jinx it!

stopped transferring cash A>B
never withdrew to bank

tick tock....
Did you load $300 Serve at Walmart? Is this new cash from MyCash, or whatever was in your account?
Old Dec 19, 2014, 7:19 am

Got email on a paypal account that was ONLY used for signature purchases (ppmc -> redbird). Humorously, the email mentions walmart and I've never made a SINGLE purchase there with the card. Debit and signature purchases are both flags. I truly thought the signature purchases would have been fine. I'd love to hear a trick that helps keep them off your back.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 7:37 am

pp warning

Originally Posted by Lumpylump76
Did you load $300 Serve at Walmart? Is this new cash from MyCash, or whatever was in your account?
yes

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.