Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

All things PAYPAL [2013-2014 Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 17, 2013, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sechs
Paypal MyCash $500 daily load limit resets after 12:00am EST
Paypal MyCash $4000 per calendar month load limit resets after 3:00am EST

An additional $4000 per month can be loaded using Greendot Moneypaks. See the Moneypak thread for issues with these. Limit purchases to no more than 2 x $500 at a time.

To get a live PayPal MyCash representative, call 1-855-721-5035, press 1 to all the voice prompts until it asks you for your PIN, and then press 0#, 0#, and 0#.

If you are getting error code 26 when loading MyCash to your account:
  1. Login to Paypal on a computer, not phone
  2. Go to settings (it is the gear)
  3. Choose selling tools on the left
  4. Scroll down to: Block payments -- Limit payments, add instructions, and more -- and choose update
  5. On the page "Payment Receiving Preferences" select the first radio button, "For the items not sold on eBay, Only allow payments from the users with confirmed address."
  6. Be sure that NO is chosen
  7. Save and you are done
Print Wikipost

All things PAYPAL [2013-2014 Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2013, 1:41 pm

Why do we need another thread to discuss this ..If you must know, paypal is not loosing anything here..Those cards are created/marketed by incomm..
Old Feb 8, 2013, 3:19 pm

Programs: DL PM, HH Gold, the rest come and go
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Where exactly are you seeing this error?
Immediately after logging into paypal.com/cash using my normal Paypal login credentials. The redirect is to https://www.paypal-cash.com/redirect_main.html and the error is:

Identity Verification Failure

Sorry, we are unable to verify your identity using our National database. Please go to www.paypal.com, log-in to your account, and visit the "Resolution Center" to complete this process and fulfill the manual documents requirements. Once we are able to confirm your identity, you will then be able add money to your PayPal account.

In the event where we are unable to verify your identity you may request a refund via the My Cash website. Click here to request a refund.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 3:48 pm

My reply is based on some of my experience consulting in retail, but its all VERY speculative....

My theory is that PayPal / Vanilla / etc pay the retailer $480 for a $500 reload - i.e. they are losing the $20 expecting to make it up on transactions, such as the 0.50/ca that MVD card charge. That way, PayPal/Vanilla are the ones that lose when we instantly liquidate the cards
Old Feb 8, 2013, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by sgideons
Immediately after logging into paypal.com/cash using my normal Paypal login credentials. The redirect is to https://www.paypal-cash.com/redirect_main.html and the error is:
Sounds like you either a) need to clear your cookies or b) need to enable cookies.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by alexx
My reply is based on some of my experience consulting in retail, but its all VERY speculative....

My theory is that PayPal / Vanilla / etc pay the retailer $480 for a $500 reload - i.e. they are losing the $20 expecting to make it up on transactions, such as the 0.50/ca that MVD card charge. That way, PayPal/Vanilla are the ones that lose when we instantly liquidate the cards
I find it very hard to believe that Vanilla is the one losing on these things -- it would be trivial for them to dictate to their resellers that they need to be cash only, and there's no way the volume that people are pushing is escaping their attention.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 6:14 pm

Who pays what fees for Paypal Reload cards bought at Rite Aid or elsewhere?

But they can report a huge top line number and they like like.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 11:34 pm

Programs: Aadvantage ExPlt, SPG Platinum 100, Alaska 75K
Originally Posted by sgideons
Has anyone ever successfully the resolved the "Identity Verification Failure" error on paypal.com/cash? This is NOT a normal paypal identify verification error that is resolved through the Paypal Resolution Center; there are no Open Cases in the Resolution Center. I tried to navigate the phone menu but it's obviously designed to keep you as far away from a human being as possible.
my sister got this message after trying to log onto paypal my cash from Ireland. When she returned to the states, she contacted them and I believe sent in a copy of her id/ss card, and it was resolved. I will have to ask her again to double check, but I believe it was quickly resolved.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 3:59 pm

Programs: ALL :)
Anyone had trouble with Paypal that was legitimately using it for the right reason. I read an article that paypal is trying to become more user sensitive.

On the other side I have read about massive seizures as well.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:35 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
Not sure when it happened, but the 5% APY linked savings account got nerfed. No longer $250K limit, on 4/2013 it will transition to $5K and only 0.5% above $5K balances.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by Loren Pechtel
And now they've got your bank account info, something I would certainly *NEVER* give them!
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Why?
Bump. Does PP withdraw money from your account without your permission?
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:14 am

yes. If you sell stuff on ebay and someone does charge back.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:39 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum
yes, it has happened to a lot of folks who sell on eBay.. in general, it's a good practice to link a separate checking account with PP and keep a small balance...
Old Feb 13, 2013, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by the_jaguar
yes, it has happened to a lot of folks who sell on eBay.. in general, it's a good practice to link a separate checking account with PP and keep a small balance...
Has this happened to non-sellers? I don't any selling and when I buy from eBay it is with my credit card.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 4:55 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum
Has this happened to non-sellers? I don't any selling and when I buy from eBay it is with my credit card.
with PayPal, anything is possible.. they have been talking about cleaning up their act, so some of these policies might change, but until we see them, nobody knows for sure..
Old Feb 14, 2013, 5:22 am

Originally Posted by the_jaguar
I'd link a checking account that would be closed soon. Like a chase account which you signed up for the bonus and planned on closing 6 months after opening in order to churn their checking accounts for the bonuses.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.