Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2013, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Chase Gift Cards:
GAME OVER

We’re sorry, but we no longer offer Chase Gift Cards.

We will continue to honor current Chase Gift Cards. If you have a Chase Gift Card, you may continue to use it until the funds are depleted or upon card expiration.
If your existing Chase Gift Card has been damaged, lost or stolen, you can redeem the balance or get a replacement Card by calling us at
1-866-466-0079, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Use that number if you have questions about your existing Chase Gift Card.

www.chasewebgiftpurchase.com/index.cfm - [No longer working]

https://www.chase.com/online/Checking/gift-card.htm/ [No longer working as of 9/20/13]

$500 max value per card

Can be used as debit
Call # on card to set pin

There are some limitations to using gift cards as opposed to debit cards, but these are functioning very well as debit cards. So please follow the number one rule of manufactured spend: DON"T CALL THE BANKS.
Print Wikipost

Chase Gift Cards [Ending: 9.22.2013]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2013, 9:27 am

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Previous order of 2.6K was on the 1st, just tried placing another order for that amount and no go. Look like they start the counter (rolling 30 days) the day after your order.

Last edited by lad2; Jul 31, 2013 at 10:16 am Reason: spelling
Old Jul 31, 2013, 9:29 am

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
Originally Posted by lad2
Previous order of 2.6K was on the first, just tried placing another order for that amount and no go. Look like the start the counter (rolling 30 days) the day after your order.
It isn't August yet.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 9:32 am

Programs: AA, BA, CX, DL, EK, F9, GA, HA, IB, JL, KE, LH, MH, NH, OS, PG, QR, RJ, SA, TG, UA, VN, WN, ZH
Originally Posted by heyeaglefn
It isn't August yet.
See the keyword rolling?
Old Jul 31, 2013, 9:35 am

Programs: US Airways Gold, Marriott Platinum, SW A List
See the keyword rolling?
I thought it was calender month.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 10:09 pm

Not that one should expect any change to propagate immediately, but just got in an order a couple minutes ago with no fee..
Old Jul 31, 2013, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by bluerunningsocks
Not that one should expect any change to propagate immediately, but just got in an order a couple minutes ago with no fee..
+1 for me as well.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 11:01 pm

Got mine in at 11:59pm EST Just in case
Old Jul 31, 2013, 11:45 pm

Programs: MR,UR, UA, BA, AA, Hotels
Previous order of 2.6K was on the 1st, just tried placing another order for that amount and no go. Look like they start the counter (rolling 30 days) the day after your order.
I've found that often they don't actually process the order until a day or so later. My card shows a transaction date 1-2 days after I made the actual order. Normally there is a difference between the transaction date and the posted date for many purchases but for these GC there is a delay in the transaction date.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 12:10 am

data point:

Still live for me just now.

That said, the website is really sluggish and timing out. In fact, the final page where you click to confirm order never actually rolled over. Nonetheless, the confirm emails arrived and my chase card shows the pending charge.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 5:10 am

still alive and kicking.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 5:50 am

Programs: A few
August 1st it is, and shockingly, the sky has not fallen today
Old Aug 1, 2013, 5:52 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Now dead

This deal is now dead as of this morning. You can still buy the cards with fees, however. $3.50 in branches, $4.95 online. Glad I got a few orders in last night under the wire.

update: it looks like the old link is still working (NOT DEAD YET), but I am guessing not for long with www.chasegiftcard.com now live.

Last edited by Billy Mumphrey; Aug 1, 2013 at 7:30 am
Old Aug 1, 2013, 5:59 am

Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
This deal is now dead as of this morning. You can still buy the cards with fees, however. $3.50 in branches, $4.95 online. Glad I got a few orders in last night under the wire.

update: it looks like the old link is still working, but I am guessing not for long with www.chasegiftcard.com now live.
Site still shows free waived:
"We apologize that we are temporarily unable to offer Chase Gift Cards through the branch. Due to the inconvenience, our standard shipping fee of $4.95 for online gift card orders is temporarily waived."
Old Aug 1, 2013, 6:12 am

Programs: DL, WoH
Originally Posted by miniaturekat
Site still shows free waived:
"We apologize that we are temporarily unable to offer Chase Gift Cards through the branch. Due to the inconvenience, our standard shipping fee of $4.95 for online gift card orders is temporarily waived."
8:09am EST still placed ordered this morning. (For free)

Last edited by ricohitman; Aug 1, 2013 at 6:24 am
Old Aug 1, 2013, 6:13 am

Programs: Several dozen
But the real question is "Will cards bought in branches register as a cash advance?" At (3.5[chase]+.69[mo])*2 per 1K the cost of goods sold still allows for a profit margin if 1k =$20 in value. You could buy Life Miles for about that (as bloggers are noting) or alternatively gen SWA, United, etc. with a Chase UR. We need a sacrificial victim to walk into Chase and actually buy a card. Anyone know where we can find a blogger to sacrifice to the Great Lord of the Flys?

Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey

update: it looks like the old link is still working, but I am guessing not for long with www.chasegiftcard.com now live.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.