Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2013, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Chase Gift Cards:
GAME OVER

We’re sorry, but we no longer offer Chase Gift Cards.

We will continue to honor current Chase Gift Cards. If you have a Chase Gift Card, you may continue to use it until the funds are depleted or upon card expiration.
If your existing Chase Gift Card has been damaged, lost or stolen, you can redeem the balance or get a replacement Card by calling us at
1-866-466-0079, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Use that number if you have questions about your existing Chase Gift Card.

www.chasewebgiftpurchase.com/index.cfm - [No longer working]

https://www.chase.com/online/Checking/gift-card.htm/ [No longer working as of 9/20/13]

$500 max value per card

Can be used as debit
Call # on card to set pin

There are some limitations to using gift cards as opposed to debit cards, but these are functioning very well as debit cards. So please follow the number one rule of manufactured spend: DON"T CALL THE BANKS.
Print Wikipost

Chase Gift Cards [Ending: 9.22.2013]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2013, 8:20 am

Originally Posted by dsauch
same here, none of mine have anything about GCs.
but now that multiple people seem to confirm this - I ordered 4 more "employee" inks, received them next day. maxing out this chicken.
LOL... I did the same. Yesterday I 'hired' the rest of the family and requested their cards. Did you have to request that they be expedited, or did they just come overnight via FedEx?
Old Sep 12, 2013, 10:42 am

Programs: Hilton-Gold
Pl. read in this forum about a members Chase accounts got closed because of "Extra Employee" cards.

Be extra careful, if you don't need points don't order Gift Cards.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by concordian
Pl. read in this forum about a members Chase accounts got closed because of "Extra Employee" cards.

Actually, the lesson is don't do things Chase might consider sketchy. I think they're fine with just ordering GCs. Until they stop selling them, anyway.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by concordian

Good point about extra employee cards. But who here doesn't need points?!
Old Sep 12, 2013, 11:45 am
jk2

My wife ordered GC on 9/3 and on 9/5 ($1K and $1K). On 9/11 one envelope arrived from the second order. Today (9/12) - no GCs. Usually, they arrive in 3-4 days after purchase. I'm afraid to call Chase GC division because I ordered too much GCs in the past and I don't want Chase to see it. How long it takes for GCs to arrive these days?
Old Sep 12, 2013, 12:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jk2
My wife ordered GC on 9/3 and on 9/5 ($1K and $1K). On 9/11 one envelope arrived from the second order. Today (9/12) - no GCs. Usually, they arrive in 3-4 days after purchase. I'm afraid to call Chase GC division because I ordered too much GCs in the past and I don't want Chase to see it. How long it takes for GCs to arrive these days?
It varies. When I first started it took 5-7 business days. Then for a while it was 3-5 business days, but that last few have been 6 business days.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 12:14 pm
jk2

Originally Posted by PaulMSN
It varies. When I first started it took 5-7 business days. Then for a while it was 3-5 business days, but that last few have been 6 business days.
I see. What bothers me that one card from the second order (made after 2 days from the first order) came, but no cards from the first order. I do worry since I understand anyone can activate them and use.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 12:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jk2
I see. What bothers me that one card from the second order (made after 2 days from the first order) came, but no cards from the first order. I do worry since I understand anyone can activate them and use.
If they were both 1K orders, how is it that you know which is which? Card design? In any case, you're worrying far too soon -- I've gotten later orders before earlier orders, but they all came eventually.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 12:26 pm

Programs: Bunch of mid-tiers
Originally Posted by jk2
5 business days is typical, but I've had as long as 11. Lately 6 days. I've also had some arrive in 5 and others from the same order arrive in 6.

Just so you know, if you call the phone number on the gift cards you are not calling Chase the bank/credit card issuer. You are calling a 3rd party that handles Chase credit cards. I don't believe the gift card people can see your credit card activity. When mine were delayed 10 business days I called the GC people. They said they can cancel and reissue if the GC never arrives.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jasonvr
Unfortunately, my last major purchase was on the 25th, so the 22nd will come too soon for me However, I usually only go to 2.5k, so I just capped off the 2.6k with a few orders for 100 a piece. Might as well get the most out of it while it lasts. BTW, no notice on my CSP statement which just came out yesterday. Anyone got a photo/screen grab from their bank statements with the notice?
Pay attention on what you read - on all reported data, the Notice is on the Bank Accounts Statements, NOT Credit Card Statements. The notice shows up on bank statement from as early as 08/31 when people here discarded it as rumors.

If you do not have a bank account with Chase, you will not see such notice.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 2:05 pm

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
Originally Posted by Happy
Pay attention on what you read - on all reported data, the Notice is on the Bank Accounts Statements, NOT Credit Card Statements. The notice shows up on bank statement from as early as 08/31 when people here discarded it as rumors.

If you do not have a bank account with Chase, you will not see such notice.
Ive been paying attention to what I read, I have chase checking and I have no such notice on my statement.
Admittedly it closed on 16th.

We still have not had a hard proof that this exists - logically I find it hard to connect banking to gift cards, why put a notice on banking statement and not on actual site selling it???

Can it be true? Sure. But it can also be a hoax.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 2:05 pm
jk2

If they were both 1K orders, how is it that you know which is which? Card design? In any case, you're worrying far too soon -- I've gotten later orders before earlier orders, but they all came eventually.
Different orders - 2 different card designs with different imposed message. Then it is easy to control GC flow when order too much.
Old Sep 12, 2013, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dsauch
Ive been paying attention to what I read, I have chase checking and I have no such notice on my statement.
Admittedly it closed on 16th.

We still have not had a hard proof that this exists - logically I find it hard to connect banking to gift cards, why put a notice on banking statement and not on actual site selling it???

Can it be true? Sure. But it can also be a hoax.
It is on my business checking account statement dated 08/31 and I have not noticed its content UNTIL I read about this on other forums. Then I pulled my statement and sure enough it was there. I even took the trouble to type it out Verbatim of the exact wordings a couple pages ago.

Earliest such notice being spotted and reported, (not on FT) was 08/31. You will see your notice come 16th statement I honestly believe.

Who knows why the Notice not on the website that actually fulfills the order? By all we know, it is a 3rd party website and in the early days. When you go to the gift card site from Chase.com (under Product and Services you would find Gift Cards) Chase even warned you that you were leaving a secured website of Chase to somewhere at your own risk. Lately such warning was only a quick flash and not a true pop up staring at you like in the past.

BTW, the call center that handles CGC also handles other genre of GCs. A few months ago when I called to activate my very first CGC I got "Invalid Number" error and the answering party said "Simon Gift Cards". (Simon is the largest Mall Owner in this country in case you are not aware of this.)
The human I finally got to, told me the phone system had issues and routed the calls erroneously in the past few days and he instructed me to call back and use "Stolen card" function to talk to a rep to activate my card.
I never posted this incident because it must be a one-off system malfunction so no reason to cause panic here.

I can further assure you that the reps at the call center have absolutely NO WAY to see your order references nor the last 4 digits of the CC used to order the GCs. By that logic, I dont see WHY the selling site generates an order reference which is on the final confirmation page as well as in the email confirmation you received. The only thing the rep can go by, is YOUR NAME and s/he could pull up all unshipped / shipped orders under your NAME. That is why it is a good practice to use different patterns / amounts to make each order easy to identify. To be honest, I find this type of tracking is very scary in terms of tracking the whereabouts of the orders.

But then, unless you experience the above yourself, you can take all the above as hoax too.

Last edited by Happy; Sep 12, 2013 at 2:21 pm
Old Sep 12, 2013, 2:39 pm

Programs: UA S, Marriott P
Originally Posted by Happy
But then, unless you experience the above yourself, you can take all the above as hoax too.
happy :-) to take your information into consideration and rather believe it than not :-)
Old Sep 12, 2013, 5:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Gold
Actually, the lesson is don't do things Chase might consider sketchy. I think they're fine with just ordering GCs. Until they stop selling them, anyway.
^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.