Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Aug 2, 2013, 1:27 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ChrisFlyer66
Chase Gift Cards:
GAME OVER

We’re sorry, but we no longer offer Chase Gift Cards.

We will continue to honor current Chase Gift Cards. If you have a Chase Gift Card, you may continue to use it until the funds are depleted or upon card expiration.
If your existing Chase Gift Card has been damaged, lost or stolen, you can redeem the balance or get a replacement Card by calling us at
1-866-466-0079, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day. Use that number if you have questions about your existing Chase Gift Card.

www.chasewebgiftpurchase.com/index.cfm - [No longer working]

https://www.chase.com/online/Checking/gift-card.htm/ [No longer working as of 9/20/13]

$500 max value per card

Can be used as debit
Call # on card to set pin

There are some limitations to using gift cards as opposed to debit cards, but these are functioning very well as debit cards. So please follow the number one rule of manufactured spend: DON"T CALL THE BANKS.
Print Wikipost

Chase Gift Cards [Ending: 9.22.2013]

Search this Thread

Old May 16, 2013, 2:47 pm

Programs: BA, UA, US, AA
Originally Posted by ashap
I apologize if this seems like a silly question, I'm just getting started with the points/miles game!

I live in a state where you can't have the Chase GC's sent to you, but I work in a neighboring state where they can be sent.

The billing address for my card is in the prohibited state.

My question - can I order $500 GC's to be sent to my work? The T&C say anything over $100 has to be sent to the orderer. My other option would be to send a bunch of $100 GC's to my work address but then loading bb will become a pain.

Any thoughts on this are welcome. Thanks!

Add your work address to your Chase account, and designate it as the billing address for the cards you want to use. Order the GC's, and voila, they're sent to the orderer.

It doesn't have to be permanent. You'll get a security notice from Chase checking you made the change but that's just them doing their due diligence.

Last edited by jools1006; May 16, 2013 at 2:48 pm Reason: Correcting predictive text
Old May 17, 2013, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by eltajin
Just to add a data point. Tried to load 2 $500 cards at WM Kiosk yesterday in 2 separate transactions. Got a Debit Not Approved Host Timeout Receipt on each transaction.

When calling to check balance on one of the cards was prompted to speak to representative, as some sort of hold had been placed on it. Representative put me on hold while looking into the transaction, then was able to lift the hold on the card. Then gave number of other card and had the hold on that one lifted too. Explanation was some sort of error in the transaction where the money was debited but then when there was a timeout money wasn't able to get back on the card; though agent didn't seem entirely clear.

No big deal. Haven't tried again yet, but both cards are active and money is available again.
Same thing happened to me the other day - got the debit not approved for whatever reason. Went to the counter and bought MOs instead. Tried again yesterday since I still had $4k to liquidate and BB went through no problem.
Old May 17, 2013, 7:51 pm

Very excited - ordered 2 $500 GC on 5/12 with my sapphire preferred and got them today (5/17). Called the number on card to activate and it told me the assigned pin. Went to WM and was able to load my BB with the cashier at the money center (the kiosk was closed). I told the cashier that it was debit - did it in two separate transactions. $1000 loaded to my BB - worked like a charm!

I also got a nice () surprise from the IRS today - back taxes due on a cashed out IRA! Only comfort is that I was able to buy 4 $500 GCs using my Freedom (currently on 0%) so I got some UR points for it.
Old May 18, 2013, 1:39 pm

Programs: SPG, Hyatt Diamond Member, Club Calrson Silver, AA, Hilton Gold, BA
sorry if this has been answered but can I use an AMEX or Citi Credit card to buy these Chase gift cards?

Thanks in advance!
Old May 18, 2013, 1:44 pm

Programs: UA, HH
Originally Posted by livestrongforever
sorry if this has been answered but can I use an AMEX or Citi Credit card to buy these Chase gift cards?

Thanks in advance!
No, Chase cards only.
Old May 18, 2013, 3:52 pm

OK, here we go...

I have two cards that I tried to load to Green Dot at Walmart. Something went screwy, it would not load (details are in Green Dot thread)... Anyway, I tired 2 or 3 times - kiosk, cashier - no go.

Today I tried to load these cards to BB - would not work. Called to get the balance - "card is not active, we are connecting you CSR".

I was a bit concerned - was afraid that funds were actually deducted, but not loaded to Green Dot.

After talking to CSR - he confirmed that $500 still there (good), but I can't get to them (bad). I would need to talk to Risk Management, and the are not there on weekend. He also offered to fax 'purchase receipt' with the full account number and copy of the card somewhere, but I am not going to do that for now.

Another good thing - I had a third card from the same order - was able to use it without any questions.

Anybody had similar experience?
Old May 18, 2013, 11:43 pm

Programs: BA, UA, US, AA
Had the exact same experience, except 4 out of 4 cards were frozen for me. I did fax the proof of purchase and the cards were released immediately.

In my experience the CSR's were powerless, the Risk Assessment people were never available so I was glad to be able to fax something somewhere to someone and get things moving. I wouldn't hesitate to do so again if my cards are flagged for fraud.

Originally Posted by Artemk
OK, here we go...

I have two cards that I tried to load to Green Dot at Walmart. Something went screwy, it would not load (details are in Green Dot thread)... Anyway, I tired 2 or 3 times - kiosk, cashier - no go.

Today I tried to load these cards to BB - would not work. Called to get the balance - "card is not active, we are connecting you CSR".

I was a bit concerned - was afraid that funds were actually deducted, but not loaded to Green Dot.

After talking to CSR - he confirmed that $500 still there (good), but I can't get to them (bad). I would need to talk to Risk Management, and the are not there on weekend. He also offered to fax 'purchase receipt' with the full account number and copy of the card somewhere, but I am not going to do that for now.

Another good thing - I had a third card from the same order - was able to use it without any questions.

Anybody had similar experience?
Old May 19, 2013, 6:31 am

Originally Posted by jools1006
Had the exact same experience, except 4 out of 4 cards were frozen for me. I did fax the proof of purchase and the cards were released immediately.

In my experience the CSR's were powerless, the Risk Assessment people were never available so I was glad to be able to fax something somewhere to someone and get things moving. I wouldn't hesitate to do so again if my cards are flagged for fraud.
Appreciate the info. Will report my outcome Monday.

RE: CSRs - it might be because of the weekend, but the person I spoke with was a bit strange - he could not even give me the phone number in 3_digit_area_code+3_digits+4_digits format - he used 4+4+2
Old May 19, 2013, 7:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Artemk
Appreciate the info. Will report my outcome Monday.

RE: CSRs - it might be because of the weekend, but the person I spoke with was a bit strange - he could not even give me the phone number in 3_digit_area_code+3_digits+4_digits format - he used 4+4+2
They are overseas call center. Their country's tel number may not be set up the same way as US. If all he can see is a string of numbers, that would be how he gives based on his own location.
Old May 19, 2013, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by Happy
They are overseas call center. Their country's tel number may not be set up the same way as US. If all he can see is a string of numbers, that would be how he gives based on his own location.
Oh, I understand that. But I would have to say that this shows very low experience working with US customers. I work with Russia, I work with Hong Kong. I know exactly how people say their numbers in those countries.

I don't mind overseas call centers, etc, but we are coming back to the question of who has access to our information...
Old May 19, 2013, 8:44 pm
akp

Programs: Hilton Diamond
Nuts

I was trying to buy Chase gift cards tonight with husband's Chase United card. I had the security code wrong. I stupidly tried a couple of times and then realized the code was from a different card. Tried again with the right code and got a message saying that I'd tried too many times and the card could no longer be used for Chase gift card transactions.

Any idea if this will automatically be lifted after some amount of time, or if I need to have husband call in? (He hates these calls!)
Old May 19, 2013, 9:28 pm

Programs: AA, BA, Alaska Air
*sigh*...Why am I in a state where they do not ship the cards....
Old May 20, 2013, 5:41 am

Originally Posted by genesys9
*sigh*...Why am I in a state where they do not ship the cards....
C'mon, there are plenty other ways. Personally, I don't consider Chase cards as a good deal with $2,500 limit.
Old May 20, 2013, 6:27 am

Programs: 25 million points to burn!
So after the 31 days is up from the date of the first order, does the $2500 monthly limit reset to zero? Or do the oldest orders each just drop off 1 by 1 after 31 days?
Old May 20, 2013, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by Preacher7
So after the 31 days is up from the date of the first order, does the $2500 monthly limit reset to zero? Or do the oldest orders each just drop off 1 by 1 after 31 days?
It's a rolling 30 day limit, so the 2nd option you describe.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.