Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2012, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by NYBanker
Why would you transfer from checking to BB???
I am short $100 after my 5k limit for the month. Need to make mortgage payment next month while traveling so need to have money available for Pay Bill.

Does anyone know if you can pay bill for upcoming date? Today, can I request for a bill to be paid in January 2013?
Old Dec 8, 2012, 12:46 pm

Vanilla Reload from CVS

I have been doing VR from CVS for at least 2 months now and never had to wait to load into my BB. Meaning buy it and go home load the $ in BB using vanillareloadDOTcom.

Funny, for the very 1st time today, it is giving me "Card Deactivated" error and also I have noticed in the CVS receipt "takes 24 hrs. to activate". I have never seen this in CVS receipt before.

I just did one 2 days back without any issues.

I am going to wait for 24 hrs. and if it does not work, I am heading to CVS to dispute this.

Has anyone seen or experience this?
Old Dec 8, 2012, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by ngupta
I have been doing VR from CVS for at least 2 months now and never had to wait to load into my BB. Meaning buy it and go home load the $ in BB using vanillareloadDOTcom.

Funny, for the very 1st time today, it is giving me "Card Deactivated" error and also I have noticed in the CVS receipt "takes 24 hrs. to activate". I have never seen this in CVS receipt before.

I just did one 2 days back without any issues.

I am going to wait for 24 hrs. and if it does not work, I am heading to CVS to dispute this.

All the cards I bought today, activated as normal. Though, none of my receipts mention anything about waiting 24 hours.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by DL172
All the cards I bought today, activated as normal. Though, none of my receipts mention anything about waiting 24 hours.
Same here.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 1:15 pm

DL172, metoo: Did you buy VR at CVS today?
Old Dec 8, 2012, 1:33 pm

DL172, metoo: Did you buy VR at CVS today?
Yesterday
Old Dec 8, 2012, 2:02 pm

fyi I am having the same issue with VRs purchased from CVS this afternoon. I just got off of the phone with the VR vendor (Incomm?) and they said that CVS is having technical problems activating the cards today. Hold on to a copy of your receipt, I was told by Incomm to go back to CVS.

Call 877-429-8140, the number on the back of the VR card, for customer service.

Last edited by phant; Dec 8, 2012 at 2:36 pm
Old Dec 8, 2012, 2:26 pm

Just bought 2 VR... Manager told me usually all gift cards are immediately active. But the system is on a glitch and overloaded from the holidays. So it's all gift cards bought at CVS today he told me. Even if you bought a Home Depot card from the rack it's going to be about 24 hrs to show up...so be patient.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 3:07 pm

Programs: spg gold
My CVS is starting to act funny about selling me VR. Today cashier said"sorry but we can't take CC for these" and I said "you did yesterday" and then he said "OK" He is the same guy that sold me 4 earlier this week.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 3:48 pm

phant, EWRfflyer:

Did you use your regular CC to purchase VR at CVS? I used my prepaid VISA and wondering if this is a common factor in all of ours transaction.

Please confirm.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 3:50 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by DL172
I bought some this morning and there was no problem. Those i bought this afternoon, however, got the 24 hour notice.

I'll try to load them tomorrow morning.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 3:54 pm

Programs: Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Funny, for the very 1st time today, it is giving me "Card Deactivated" error and also I have noticed in the CVS receipt "takes 24 hrs. to activate". I have never seen this in CVS receipt before.:

I experienced this today as well. Receipt says "Prepaid cards activation will occur with 24 hours". I was just going to wait until tomorrow and try again. If that doesn't work, I'll call Incomm.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 3:56 pm

I have a feeling some changes are coming either due to some system changes ie. how CVS sends the transaction for any GC purchase. This may not be targeted towards anything

OR

Something else is brewing....who knows.

May be I can try buying one from WG and lets see how this works out.

In the meantime anyone bought any VR from WG today and having same issues?

Thanks for clarifying NYBanker.

Originally Posted by NYBanker
I bought some this morning and there was no problem. Those i bought this afternoon, however, got the 24 hour notice.

I'll try to load them tomorrow morning.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 4:05 pm

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
I have a feeling some changes are coming either due to some system changes ie. how CVS sends the transaction for any GC purchase. This may not be targeted towards anything

OR

Something else is brewing....who knows.

May be I can try buying one from WG and lets see how this works out.

In the meantime anyone bought any VR from WG today and having same issues?

Thanks for clarifying NYBanker.
i'm perfectly ok if they put a 24 hour hold on allowing VR loads.....as long as i can keep buying with my CC or prepaid GC.
Old Dec 8, 2012, 4:24 pm

cant buy a VR with an Amex prepaid/reload at CeeVeeS

Has anyone had an issue trying to by a VR with a reloadable prepaid Amex card? i tried runnning it through as credit and as debit, but no luck.

thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.