Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wal-Mart, Amex take on banks with Bluebird debit card

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2013, 9:38 pm

"Pay Bills Return"

Loaded BB with 1K, then tried to pay Amex CC 1K(not the card used to buy the beans)

It shows completed, then I get another transaction stating "Pay Bills Return".

Balance back to 1K.

I immediately tried again to make the payment. Same result with another transaction of Pay Bills Return.

Anyone have experience with this? What does this mean?

FR from BB?

Error?

Any experience or ideas?
Old Mar 17, 2013, 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by ddavid1101
Loaded BB with 1K, then tried to pay Amex CC 1K(not the card used to buy the beans)

It shows completed, then I get another transaction stating "Pay Bills Return".

Balance back to 1K.

I immediately tried again to make the payment. Same result with another transaction of Pay Bills Return.

Anyone have experience with this? What does this mean?

FR from BB?

Error?

Any experience or ideas?

Just an update. I added another payee and it seems to work. Paid Citicard which was what I used to buy beans today.

Will update you guys if things change tmw or till payment clears.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 7:21 am

I called it at 6am pacific. Was greeted by a lady who said she wanted to verify that bluebird account was opened under my name. I was using my landline. She proceeded to ask to hang up and call me back on my cell phone. She called back a minute later on cell, put me on hold for a minute, and said my identity was verified and it should be a one time deal.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 9:40 am

Programs: UA, KE, OZ, AA
I've searched the forum and I couldn't find any mentions of Green Tree Servicing.
Has anyone successfully paid Green Tree Servicing mortgage using BB to their Dallas payment processing center?
If yes, how fast does payment arrive and shows up as paid?
Old Mar 18, 2013, 12:38 pm

Programs: DL Platinum, SPG Gold
I haven't paid Green Tree Servicing, but paper checks take about a week.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 4:58 pm

Can anyone tell me about how often Charlie Victor Sierra resupplies the troops?
Old Mar 18, 2013, 5:31 pm

Since Bluebird allows direct deposit, I was wondering if we could do ACH debit out of it (e.g. fund the new checking account?).
Old Mar 18, 2013, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by anneok
Since Bluebird allows direct deposit, I was wondering if we could do ACH debit out of it (e.g. fund the new checking account?).
No, you can't ACH from the BB. You can only push into it.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 5:53 pm

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by Happy
I second that! ...

When CVS has sale on its weekly ad, the grocery items and cleaning stuff often are cheaper than the grocery stores in our area even on the same sale. So checking the weekly ad is always a good way to mix up the VR purchases.
Yep every trip I am mixing in real purchases but all great value stuff

I even joined a forum to discuss coupon deals at CVS lol

Originally Posted by Woolfman
^
^ they are paying me 5 bucks this week for 8 bags of easter candy.
but on another note.. So seems like alot of cards have home improvement this quarter. (citi and discover are two i have) now to figure out if home depot or lowes sell prepaid visa/mc and then turn them into bb
Yep the easter deals are awesome. Loaded up on cadbury's cream eggs yum yum yum

Touche on Lowes. I actually need to spend some actual money there, but not $3k that I can get across mine and Mrs Ma's cards.

Originally Posted by flowfaster
Can anyone tell me about how often Charlie Victor Sierra resupplies the troops?
ROFL it just cracks me these days the coding used here. Just google "Vanilla Reload CVS" and behold at all the pictures of Leff, Daraius & Emily etc. This is no secret, and you don't need to use secret code language, unless you think we are all 8 year old kids on here
Old Mar 18, 2013, 6:00 pm

shhh! They're watching!

Old Mar 18, 2013, 6:01 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by anneok
Originally Posted by WhateverDude
No, you can't ACH from the BB. You can only push into it.
To expound upon WhateverDude, you cannot initiate the transfer from the new checking account. You can, however, add the checking account to BB and withdraw from the money from BB to the new checking account.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
ROFL it just cracks me these days the coding used here. Just google "Vanilla Reload CVS" and behold at all the pictures of Leff, Daraius & Emily etc. This is no secret, and you don't need to use secret code language, unless you think we are all 8 year old kids on here
10-4
Old Mar 18, 2013, 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by frozyn
To expound upon WhateverDude, you cannot initiate the transfer from the new checking account. You can, however, add the checking account to BB and withdraw from the money from BB to the new checking account.
Well said. That's the eloquence and accuracy that I meant to use, but I was looking up pictures of tinfoil hats.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 6:12 pm

Programs: A few
shhh! They're watching!

Serious ROFL!!!!!!
Old Mar 18, 2013, 7:16 pm

Programs: DL DM Hub Captive, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, PC Plat, and other stuff.
shhh! They're watching!

Originally Posted by ma91pmh
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot is going on here???

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.