Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wells Fargo Prepaid Cards

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2013, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by jdl
I read the whole thread, did not see this question or answer. Does anyone know if you get a second WFPP card, is the monthly load limit of $4500 doubled, or is the same limit shared across both cards? Thanks.
I thought monthly limit is $5000 and it's per person, not per card.
I was not able to load more than $5000 per month (I own 2 cards).
Old Feb 23, 2013, 8:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, 1.3mm
Originally Posted by jdl
I read the whole thread, did not see this question or answer. Does anyone know if you get a second WFPP card, is the monthly load limit of $4500 doubled, or is the same limit shared across both cards? Thanks.
Yes you can. Use a different email to be safe.
Old Feb 24, 2013, 12:18 pm

Trying to reload and every amount comes up maximum # of reloads exceeded, yet I've only loaded $1500 this month. Tried with different cards too.
??
Old Feb 24, 2013, 12:47 pm

What's your usage pattern been before this?

Are you exceeding the rolling 15-day max of $3,500, or $4,500 in a rolling 30-day period (not calendar month)?
Old Feb 25, 2013, 1:18 pm

Originally Posted by Biggles209
Just tried a $2000 load from Club Carlson Business (first use of this card), and got the "Your order could not be completed. Please try again or change your payment method".

Called US Bank, and was told that the transaction was rejected because it looked like a cash advance, and that cash advance was disabled, by default, on business accounts.

I could have cash advance enabled, if I wished - which I did not.
Does US Bank ultimately treat these as a CA?
Old Feb 25, 2013, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by WhateverDude
What's your usage pattern been before this?

Are you exceeding the rolling 15-day max of $3,500, or $4,500 in a rolling 30-day period (not calendar month)?
Not exceeding any limits. Using for legitimate purchases. Just called and was told I have a security hold because I've exceeded the # of different funding sources.
Just to simplify life I had been putting fractions of various min. spends on this acct. then just using this for all my purchases. Enabled me to help with other family members min. spends this way.
Apparently # of different funding sources is arbitrary and undisclosed. (Yes, I know only 2 at a time and all from same address)
Old Feb 25, 2013, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by noname
Not exceeding any limits. Using for legitimate purchases. Just called and was told I have a security hold because I've exceeded the # of different funding sources.
Just to simplify life I had been putting fractions of various min. spends on this acct. then just using this for all my purchases. Enabled me to help with other family members min. spends this way.
Apparently # of different funding sources is arbitrary and undisclosed. (Yes, I know only 2 at a time and all from same address)
Yup...they say that'll get ya. Too many changes to the funding source.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 3:24 pm

.......and you said something about helping family members meet spend.

Does this mean you were using others CC, where the CC would not match the name on the WF card? If so, this is apparently a big no-no.

Also, when you changed your funding source, how many times did you do that? and was you removing one to add another?

This info. will be useful for others now and in the future, if you are willing to share the info.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 5:54 pm

this card is great for hitting spending limits. Whats the easiest way everyone has been liquidating these? i have one for wife and me, so I do 9k a month. However, the only way that I can find thats free is making multiple debit transactions with cashback...thats 90 transactions a month. Not worth my time to actually make anything off of, but good for hitting sign up bonsuses..
Old Feb 25, 2013, 6:42 pm

Originally Posted by bloodshotx
this card is great for hitting spending limits. Whats the easiest way everyone has been liquidating these? i have one for wife and me, so I do 9k a month. However, the only way that I can find thats free is making multiple debit transactions with cashback...thats 90 transactions a month. Not worth my time to actually make anything off of, but good for hitting sign up bonsuses..
Money order and ATM.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by ddallas
Money order and ATM.
What about Cash Advance at WF.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 7:23 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by terpfan101
Does US Bank ultimately treat these as a CA?
Haven't had a problem with the personal card.
Old Feb 25, 2013, 7:30 pm

Originally Posted by aegt123
What about Cash Advance at WF.
That's the same as using the ATM with the $500 limit.

How does the teller cash disbursement work?
First, determine the current balance on your card. You can check your balance by signing on to this website or by calling 1-866-360-2857. Then, present your Wells Fargo Prepaid Card to the teller at a financial institution that issues Visa-branded credit or debit cards and request a cash withdrawal for an amount up to your available balance or the maximum cash limit of $500, per the Terms and Conditions. The teller may ask to see a picture ID. Once approved, they will give you the amount of cash you requested. There is a fee for this service as disclosed in the Terms and Conditions.

Looks like a $3 fee. That's why I always use the WF ATM. Free for first two and then $1.
https://www.wellsfargo.com/giftcard/...paid-card/fees
Old Feb 25, 2013, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by ddallas
That's the same as using the ATM with the $500 limit.

How does the teller cash disbursement work?
First, determine the current balance on your card. You can check your balance by signing on to this website or by calling 1-866-360-2857. Then, present your Wells Fargo Prepaid Card to the teller at a financial institution that issues Visa-branded credit or debit cards and request a cash withdrawal for an amount up to your available balance or the maximum cash limit of $500, per the Terms and Conditions. The teller may ask to see a picture ID. Once approved, they will give you the amount of cash you requested. There is a fee for this service as disclosed in the Terms and Conditions.

Looks like a $3 fee. That's why I always use the WF ATM. Free for first two and then $1.
https://www.wellsfargo.com/giftcard/...paid-card/fees
Thanks!
Old Feb 25, 2013, 10:41 pm

Each card has its own limit.

Originally Posted by jdl

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.