Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Wells Fargo Prepaid Cards

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2013, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by AscorbylPalmitate
some family members tried opening a WF PP with Chase Sapphire and SW RR Plus. Both cards wouldn't go thru. Had to use another CC
Sapphire Preferred works as that is my main funding source. But likely your family members tried to load more than their respective cash advance limits. My CA limit is 20% of my credit line...
Old Jan 14, 2013, 7:54 pm

Originally Posted by farwest101
Sapphire Preferred works as that is my main funding source. But likely your family members tried to load more than their respective cash advance limits. My CA limit is 20% of my credit line...
interesting. if these charges do go thru, do these CA count towards the MSRs (or does it differ across CCs)?
Old Jan 14, 2013, 8:16 pm

Just ran into the same thing yesterday, 20% is what Chase gives me for all my cards. I inquired to increase the CA limit and they said they can't do that specifically but can increase the credit limit and that'll increase the CA limit .... with a hard pull so I said no as I'm eyeing a AOR soon. I put in the request to redistribute my credit limit between my 5 cards to cover full loading from 2 different cards.

I'll add I had no problem with IB on initial full load because I believe there is no true credit limit.

As others have mentioned, the charge starts life as a CA but turns into an expense later.
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:52 pm

Okay, I searched, but gave up after reading the 1st 17 pages of this thread:

Can you have more than one WF PPd per person/SSN ? Thanks
Old Jan 14, 2013, 11:57 pm

A few 100 posts back, someone mentioned 2 per person/SSN, but I haven't gotten a 2nd one yet.

Anyone know the best card to use to load up this WF card? Is IB/Sapphire the best although you only get 1X, if you value Chase UR at $.02, then it's really 2X? Any other potential good ones? Maybe the Cap One Venture One that nets you 2X the first year (assuming you use it to buy domestic economy tickets)? I just got the US Bank Cash+ card and although it'd give me 1% back, I just don't think the 1% is worth the hassle.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond because they have nothing higher
Originally Posted by Cbass98
A few 100 posts back, someone mentioned 2 per person/SSN, but I haven't gotten a 2nd one yet.

Anyone know the best card to use to load up this WF card? Is IB/Sapphire the best although you only get 1X, if you value Chase UR at $.02, then it's really 2X? Any other potential good ones? Maybe the Cap One Venture One that nets you 2X the first year (assuming you use it to buy domestic economy tickets)? I just got the US Bank Cash+ card and although it'd give me 1% back, I just don't think the 1% is worth the hassle.
Do you include in the hassle the chance that US Banks codes as a cash advance because I have been posting that question in the Carlson US Bank card thread and as of yet noone in two hours knows yet (damn people needing sleep LOL) My question is one you would NEVER EVER want to call Carlson or US Bank or Wells Prepaid about unlike that last two posts that can be answered by calling Wells PP'd which is yes.
Old Jan 15, 2013, 11:58 pm

Programs: DL PM, UA PS, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
US Bank doesn't charge as a cash advance.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 12:00 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Diamond because they have nothing higher
Originally Posted by amolkold
US Bank doesn't charge as a cash advance.
Thank You very much
Old Jan 16, 2013, 3:54 am

Programs: National Executive Elite, Hertz PC, Avis CC, Continental Onepass
Originally Posted by gm9928
Okay, I searched, but gave up after reading the 1st 17 pages of this thread:

Can you have more than one WF PPd per person/SSN ? Thanks
Yes
Old Jan 16, 2013, 9:56 am

I just received my WF PP in the mail and called in to activate it. However, I'm starting to think that this card might not be as useful as I originally thought. If I add no funds to the card, what will WF do about the $3 monthly fee? Also, is that fee on a 30 day schedule, or calendar month?

In case I decide to load it, what about ATM limits? is the 2 per month based on 30 days or calendar months?
Old Jan 16, 2013, 10:05 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I just received my WF PP in the mail and called in to activate it. However, I'm starting to think that this card might not be as useful as I originally thought. If I add no funds to the card, what will WF do about the $3 monthly fee? Also, is that fee on a 30 day schedule, or calendar month?

In case I decide to load it, what about ATM limits? is the 2 per month based on 30 days or calendar months?
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/19111763-post1.html
Old Jan 16, 2013, 10:15 am

I read the original post. It didn't answer my questions.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by DaveInLA
I read the original post. It didn't answer my questions.
It's also helpful to read back the last 10 pages for posters recent experiences on the monthly fee and loading limit experiences.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 10:56 am

Has anyone had success using an Amex card to load the WFPP? I've read no on this thread but just wanted to ask again to see if anyone has found away by now. Have $6k spend I'm trying to reach and no VR's within 100miles so looking for other options.
Old Jan 16, 2013, 11:00 am

Originally Posted by freeflights4me
Has anyone had success using an Amex card to load the WFPP? I've read no on this thread but just wanted to ask again to see if anyone has found away by now. Have $6k spend I'm trying to reach and no VR's within 100miles so looking for other options.
WF website only accepts numbers from Visa or Mastercard. No AMEX, no Discover.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.