Community
Wiki Posts
Search

VENMO

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2019, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by radonc1
What you are saying is that you only need to make a single "direct deposit" and they will accept that as satisfying the terms and conditions. I didn't know that.
That is true, there are banks I signed up for bonuses where the bonus posted right after the first *"DD" posted. Now you know and if you're interested to find out what those banks are, check doctorofcredit website : )

*this was from ACH transfer from a CU, not from employer's account.
ShakuniMama likes this.
Old Feb 28, 2019, 8:44 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
Several reports on another site that, as of 2/26, VENMO no longer codes 3x on everyone's favorite business card. (sniffle, sniffle)
Old Mar 6, 2019, 7:25 am

Programs: BA
The basic answer appears to be "no". I would suggest that you read backwards on this thread for about 2-3 months and you will find a discussion about this topic.

In general, I find that there are certain sites (such as Paypal) that are too valuable for me to mess with by using MS (to any worthwhile extent, at least). Venmo is one of them, BB and Serve were (for me) another. While I am not a heavy user of Venmo, I find that the convenience of using it far outstrip the minimal MS benefits it provides (when taking in the cost of losing it by being banned).

So YMMV but being able to load 4 $500 GCs a year (if you find ones that actually work) isn't worth the risk of losing the service to me.
Out of curiosity, how does Venmo ban you? Can't you just make a new account? It's not like they have your SSN or anything...
Old Mar 6, 2019, 12:30 pm

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by wiivile
Out of curiosity, how does Venmo ban you? Can't you just make a new account? It's not like they have your SSN or anything...
A good question.
So you may want to read this article which gives multiple examples of how a Venmo account can be restricted.
And interestingly, having multiple accounts is one of the reasons you can be restricted or banned.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 6:26 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond, National Executive Elite
If putting in a metabank VGC, what goes in the zip code field? I’ve tried mine, Blackhawk network’s, it all leads to a zip code error. Is the only solution to register the VGC and set your own zip code?
Old Jul 8, 2019, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by msp3
If putting in a metabank VGC, what goes in the zip code field? I’ve tried mine, Blackhawk network’s, it all leads to a zip code error. Is the only solution to register the VGC and set your own zip code?
Si.
msp3 likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 10:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I thought you could get rid of a few gift cards on Venmo every year. The last two times I tried it (today and about a month ago), with a $200 Visa GC issued by Sunrise Bank, Venmo told me I could not use this type of card. I've loaded an occasional GC to Venmo over the years, but none so far this year. Is it no longer possible to use a GC on Vemno, or is there something specifically problematic about Sunrise cards?
Old Aug 5, 2019, 11:32 am

Originally Posted by iahphx
I thought you could get rid of a few gift cards on Venmo every year. The last two times I tried it (today and about a month ago), with a $200 Visa GC issued by Sunrise Bank, Venmo told me I could not use this type of card. I've loaded an occasional GC to Venmo over the years, but none so far this year. Is it no longer possible to use a GC on Vemno, or is there something specifically problematic about Sunrise cards?
Yes seems to be a new thing. Was reported recently Simon VGC no longer work either.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 1:14 pm

Tried to add amex biz delta plat to venmo.
”you cant use this card on venmo. Try another card.”

Are amex biz cards not allowed?

Last edited by Travelchurner; Aug 20, 2019 at 2:37 pm
Old Aug 23, 2019, 8:05 am

Programs: Continental Onepass, Hilton, Marriott, USAir and now UA
Originally Posted by Travelchurner
Tried to add amex biz delta plat to venmo.
”you cant use this card on venmo. Try another card.”

Are amex biz cards not allowed?
Do you have more than one Venmo account? If you do, and your DL Amex card is linked to one of those accounts, then it cannot be linked to another Venmo account.
Per their site...."At this time, each bank account or card can only be linked to one Venmo account. This requirement is in place to help prevent fraudulent transactions and protect the financial security of our users."

The site also says that Venmo may decline any card it wishes for whatever reason, so who knows why they would block a real CC from being used, unless they have something against business cards in general
Old Aug 31, 2019, 9:31 pm

Do you have more than one Venmo account? If you do, and your DL Amex card is linked to one of those accounts, then it cannot be linked to another Venmo account.
Per their site...."At this time, each bank account or card can only be linked to one Venmo account. This requirement is in place to help prevent fraudulent transactions and protect the financial security of our users."

The site also says that Venmo may decline any card it wishes for whatever reason, so who knows why they would block a real CC from being used, unless they have something against business cards in general
No, just one venmo account. It seems to be limited to Amex biz cards as my barclays biz card worked.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by iahphx
I tried for the 1st time today and was able to load 2 metabank vgc (from Staples deal) into my venmo, but on the 3rd card it started saying you cannot add this type of card.
Old Sep 5, 2019, 12:18 pm

Originally Posted by NateDogg757
I tried for the 1st time today and was able to load 2 metabank vgc (from Staples deal) into my venmo, but on the 3rd card it started saying you cannot add this type of card.
Venmo rarely lets me add a card. I think there are limits other than the 4 card per 6 months rule.
Old Sep 16, 2019, 7:47 am

I'm trying to add a Chase Business Preferred card to my Venmo account and it won't let me. Are these cards banned? This is my first and only Venmo account and this will be my first credit card. I've used the Venmo account a few times over the last few months to receive money, but I've never sent anything.
Old Oct 15, 2019, 12:05 pm

Metabank VGC transaction declined

I just successfully added a $500 Metabank VGC into my Venmo account as normal. However, when I tried to transfer money from this card to my friend, an error "transaction declined" popped up. I tried different recipients and a smaller amount, neither succeed.

The balance of VGC is still $500 on the website.

Does anyone have same experience?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.