Wiki Posts
Search

SIN-KUL RT same day

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2024, 8:10 am
Original Poster

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
SIN-KUL RT same day

I have an upcoming AY flight departing SIN at 9pm. For various reasons, I would like to do a same day MH round trip to KUL the day of the AY flight, say departing mid-morning and returning late afternoon. I'm a OW emerald and planning to fly economy.

I will have a rollaboard and back pack, and while both are carry-on size, the weight will exceed MH's carry on baggage allowance. I can use left luggage at SIN, but that means I'd need to re-enter SIN to claim the bags and check them into AY. As an alternative, I guess I could check the bags with MH at SIN, collect them at KUL, and then check them there and request interline to our AY flight? Or, we could simply try to carry-on the bags and deal with any issues at the gate? I don't think there is an airside left luggage or lounge at SIN where we could leave the bags for several hours?

I'm not opposed to checking the bags - just want to find the simplest solution possible.

Thank you in advance for any ideas.
Old May 11, 2024, 12:43 pm

There are transit storage options airside at Changi, refer to the following:
https://www.changiairport.com/en/air...e-storage.html

Originally Posted by e.g.
Terminal 2

Transit, Level 2, Departure Transit Hall North (besides Raffles Medical)
Operating Hours: 24hrs
Tel: +65 6513 3671
Map
MH allows 1 carry-on, plus either: 1 briefcase, handbag (male/female), notebook or a laptop computer bag, OR small camera bag.

Depending on how overweight and bulky (particularly the backpack), you might be allowed to carry both bags on.

If obviously overweight / bulky, Id just check or store one. Plan to keep the backpack under the seat - itd only be an hour.

I seem to remember MH sticking a carry-on tag on such bags handles on some flights, I guess to try limit multiple bag for a single passenger - not sure of this practice on SIN-KUL.
work2fly likes this.

Last edited by crackjack; May 11, 2024 at 1:07 pm
Old May 11, 2024, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AY Plat, LH FTL
Originally Posted by crackjack
There are transit storage options airside at Changi, refer to the following:
https://www.changiairport.com/en/air...e-storage.html
Thank you, I somehow missed this.

Airside storage seems to be the easiest solution.
crackjack likes this.
Old May 12, 2024, 5:33 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum
I've done this route several times a year (both ways), and I've never had my hand baggage weighed.
djsflynn and work2fly like this.
Old May 12, 2024, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by Too much travel
I've done this route several times a year (both ways), and I've never had my hand baggage weighed.
Ditto, have done a lot of SIN-KUL flights over the past few years and never hand carry-on luggage weighed.

Oh and with regard to lounges, note that the Qantas Singapore Business lounge at T1 is now open most mornings (hours vary) in case you wanted breakfast/brunch there before heading to T2 for your MH flight.
work2fly likes this.
Old May 12, 2024, 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by work2fly
For various reasons, I would like to do a same day MH round trip to KUL the day of the AY flight...
No need to justify. This is FT after all many of us fly for the sake of flying to, amongst other reasons, have a bum on seat to accumulate tier points!
work2fly, crackjack and 737mnn like this.
Old May 13, 2024, 7:09 am

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
No need to justify. This is FT after all many of us fly for the sake of flying to, amongst other reasons, have a bum on seat to accumulate tier points!
"For various reasons, I would like to do a same day MH round trip from KUL to TPE in J, on the ancient ex Air Berlin A332 with crappy seats, where MH haven't even bothered to change the power points to Type G sockets so unless you have a Euro-style plug or an adaptor you can't charge your devices"
DiamondMile and carrotjuice like this.
Old May 16, 2024, 3:13 am

Originally Posted by Too much travel
"For various reasons, I would like to do a enjoy torturing myself with same day MH round trip from KUL to TPE in J, on the ancient ex Air Berlin A332 with crappy seats, where MH haven't even bothered to change the power points to Type G sockets so unless you have a Euro-style plug or an adaptor you can't charge your devices"
We're not here to judge!
Old May 24, 2024, 3:56 am

Neither MH or SIN would strictly enforce carry-on bag weight limits.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.