Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

Bag check-thru on mix of paid & redemp ticks (OWA)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 25, 2022, 6:16 pm
Original Poster

Hi folks and Merry Christmas / pre-happy 2023

Have a mix of paid & redempt tickets on PEN-KUL-LHR-EDI coming up this Sept 2023...
1) PEN - KUL (paid, MH)
2) KUL - LHR (redempt, MH)
3) LHR - EDI (paid, BA)

Would the counter agents at PEN be able to 1) check in bags all the way to EDI and 2) be able to issue BPs for all onward segments, especially that last LHR-EDI leg on BA?

Thanks gang!
Old Dec 25, 2022, 9:56 pm

PEN should be able to tag the luggage through to EDI, and check you in for PEN-KUL-LHR.

But don't think they can check you in for what is an entirely standalone BA flight. However, you should be able to check in separately, and get your digital boarding pass, through the BA app.

Note MH arrives LHR at T4, whereas BA departs from T5. With luggage checked through, you can use the airside Flight Connections. You still need to go to one of the Airline Desks to "tag" your checked luggage to the LHR-EDI flight.
Old Dec 25, 2022, 10:01 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
PEN should be able to tag the luggage through to EDI, and check you in for PEN-KUL-LHR.

But don't think they can check you in for what is an entirely standalone BA flight. However, you should be able to check in separately, and get your digital boarding pass, through the BA app.

Note MH arrives LHR at T4, whereas BA departs from T5. With luggage checked through, you can use the airside Flight Connections. You still need to go to one of the Airline Desks to "tag" your checked luggage to the LHR-EDI flight.
Thanks for the quick reply... Much appreciated!
Quick followup on heading to an airline desk upon arrival at LHR... If my bags are checked through from PEN to EDI, why do I still need to head to an airline desk at LHR to tag my checked bags for the LHR to EDI leg?

Would have thought the bags would go thru to EDI automatically if it were checked thru to the final destination?

​​​​​​

​​​​​
​​​​​
Old Dec 25, 2022, 10:09 pm

Apologies... you're correct. You don't have to if luggage is already checked through to the final destination.
Old Dec 25, 2022, 10:20 pm
Original Poster

Lovely.. Appreciate your reply!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.