Wiki Posts
Search

MH involuntary flight change

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2022, 10:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX MPC DM, HU FWC Gold
MH involuntary flight change

I was fed up with the poorest Malaysia airline global call center. (hard to reach customer service, dropped you out while checking, transferred you to a supervisor, and drop your call)
Is there any option for me now? Malaysia just offered me a voucher or a switch to another flight that I dun wanna accept due to an unacceptable time.

Case:
I booked a round trip for BKK-KUL-HKG.

Original Trip:
MH789 BKK-KUL 1415 - 1730
MH078 KUL-HKG 1950 - 2350
MH079 HKG-KUL 0845 - 1250
MH782 KUL-BKK 1450 - 1650

They decided to cancel MH078 and MH079, which changed my flight to
MH781 BKK-KUL 2005 - 2320
MH072 KUL-HKG 0855 +1 - 1255 +1
MH073 HKG-KUL 1450 - 1855
MH784 KUL-BKK 0900 +1 - 1015 +1

They said no overnight would be provided. A cancellation fee would apply if I asked for a refund. Cannot switch to a CX flight or any flight BKK-HKG.

Any chance for the case in which I can get a refund with NO cancellation fee?
Old Nov 5, 2022, 3:40 am

Programs: EY, VA, QR, QF, AF, ITA, VS
Their Call center is horrific.

We had a CDG-DXB-KUL-DPS return booked with them with EK-operated MH-marketed flights between CDG and KUL.

The return evening KUL-DXB flight was canceled and MH would not want to reprotect us on a different flight.
Called, and they hang up, they put you on hold, and then disconnect the call.
Their Twitter service is also useless.

It was only when we arrived at KUL for the return segment that they re-booked us on the evening KUL-LHR direct and then BA to CDG.
Their original flight rebooking booked us two days later after a 48h forced stopover in KUL.
Old Nov 5, 2022, 10:11 am

Programs: Oneworld Emerald, EBG
I had a similiar issue as pochi but accepted the refund with a huge ”penalty” as they called it, just because I didn’t want to have anything more to do with this joke of an airline. This was May 28th and I haven’t got a cent from them. AMEX is trying to solve the case but so far no luck.
They don’t respond to emails. I really think the airline should be thrown out from oneworld because they really are not doing serious business.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.