Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

MH 737-800NG refresh: new seats, no seatback screens

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MH 737-800NG refresh: new seats, no seatback screens

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2023, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by Danial
Thanks for the review and update folks, Now, if anyone books business class on 737, have to avoid choosing row 4, just in case if newer refurbished aircraft is assigned with no row 4 business class seats.
So far only 2 air frames ?
1) 9M-MXV
2) 9M-MXL
will fly in Feb, booked row 1, let's see!
Old Jan 24, 2023, 8:43 pm

Flew on 9M-MXL in Y from JB to KL yesterday.

Being 190cm the experience was grim. If AirAsia ever sort out their reliability with cancelling flights like crazy, MAS are in trouble...and if AA are only profitable because they can screw around passengers then the regulator needs to do something because MAS is a sitting duck.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 9:51 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by immunedata
Being 190cm the experience was grim. If AirAsia ever sort out their reliability with cancelling flights like crazy, MAS are in trouble...and if AA are only profitable because they can screw around passengers then the regulator needs to do something because MAS is a sitting duck.
Problem with AA is there isn't a need to be better than the rest. When their main competitors are UA and DL, who also regularly screw over their passengers (to varying degrees), why bother standing out? I really only fly AA if there's a convenient non-stop option, tempting as OWE perks can be at times. Likewise with MH, but there's very little overlap between the two.
Old Jan 25, 2023, 8:01 pm

Programs: QR PC Platinum, TK M&S elite, UA silver, ITA Voltaire Executive (lol), Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by SilverChris
Problem with AA is there isn't a need to be better than the rest. When their main competitors are UA and DL, who also regularly screw over their passengers (to varying degrees), why bother standing out? I really only fly AA if there's a convenient non-stop option, tempting as OWE perks can be at times. Likewise with MH, but there's very little overlap between the two.
Funny enough, I’ve found that AA’s mainline domestic F to have slightly more legroom than DL and UA, so if pitch is the only factor, and unless you’re one a premium transcon, lucky enough to find yourself on rare domestic widebody route, or are on AS, AA domestic F is probably gonna be the best you’re gonna get. Haven’t tried the new MH seats, but just based on paper stats and from
rhe pictures, they seem better than any domestic US F product.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.