Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

Flying MH for first time in February - Safe?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying MH for first time in February - Safe?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2020, 7:57 pm

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
I have witnessed cabin crew going into the cockpit when one of the pilots was using the bathroom. Whether it's official policy I think only MH insiders can tell us.
Old Feb 9, 2020, 6:37 pm

I think this attitude towards MH is a bit ridiculous. I assume the "checkered past" is in relation to the MH370 and MH17. MH370 was unfortunate, but MH17 was no fault of Malaysia Airlines, the same could have happened to any number of other airlines that were flying the same path that day.

There are many airlines with a much worse safety record than MH and you probably wouldn't even think twice about flying them. I have heard some really ridiculous views on this, with some people I know saying they wouldn't even visit Malaysia after the two crashes!
Old Feb 9, 2020, 8:03 pm
Original Poster

Well I survived folks!
Old Feb 9, 2020, 10:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Spire Amb., A3 *G, QF Plat
haha, what a thread, glad to see you made it unscathed in the short journey.

To be fair, I was booked to fly ICN-KUL-AKL later this year in J as part of a redemption ticket with KUL-AKL on MH, but after seeing recent news about the KUL-AKL flight having engine issues with aborted take-offs occurring 2 days in a row I quickly changed the routing to GMP-HND-SYD-AKL in F/J on other carriers. I am not usually one to be paranoid, but hey sometimes you just gotta do you.
Sandeep1 likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2020, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by cuzzybro
haha, what a thread, glad to see you made it unscathed in the short journey.

To be fair, I was booked to fly ICN-KUL-AKL later this year in J as part of a redemption ticket with KUL-AKL on MH, but after seeing recent news about the KUL-AKL flight having engine issues with aborted take-offs occurring 2 days in a row I quickly changed the routing to GMP-HND-SYD-AKL in F/J on other carriers. I am not usually one to be paranoid, but hey sometimes you just gotta do you.

To be fair, a smiliar incident happened on a Singapore Airlines aircraft over the past 2 years as well and it was not a big issue though the passengers, rightfully, were very very upset.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.