FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Malaysia Airlines | Enrich (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/malaysia-airlines-enrich-758/)
-   -   Flying MH for first time in February - Safe? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/malaysia-airlines-enrich/2004525-flying-mh-first-time-february-safe.html)

Sandeep1 Jan 15, 2020 2:15 pm

Flying MH for first time in February - Safe?

Booked a couple MH J flights for February. Have never flown this airline before. Should I have any hesitation about flying them given their checkered past?

Zawnet Jan 15, 2020 3:54 pm

So you had consciously spent some money, and only now you are asking? Seriously?

Sandeep1 Jan 15, 2020 4:00 pm

Originally Posted by Zawnet (Post 31955175)
So you had consciously spent some money, and only now you are asking? Seriously?

Cheap J fares, intra-asia. Wouldn't have much of an issue cancelling and being out the money if necessary.

dici Jan 15, 2020 7:53 pm

I have flown over 100 MH flights over last 2 to 3 years and I still able to read FT as of today, so I think it is safe...

minizian Jan 16, 2020 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by Sandeep1 (Post 31954819)
Booked a couple MH J flights for February. Have never flown this airline before. Should I have any hesitation about flying them given their checkered past?

I dont see any issues with MH. That two event were just oddities.

We can say all what we wanted but it is you are flying end of the day.

If I were you, I will still take the flight because of the cheap rate being offered.

There are other airlines that are much more dodgy if you take your time to look around :)

Originally Posted by dici (Post 31955945)
I have flown over 100 MH flights over last 2 to 3 years and I still able to read FT as of today, so I think it is safe...

+1 to this.

SilverChris Jan 17, 2020 6:51 pm

You’re better off worrying about the ride to the airport.

golfmad Jan 20, 2020 11:51 am

It should be absolutely fine. Unless it isn't.

I don't hesitate to fly with them.

SKT-DK Jan 20, 2020 7:57 pm

Why would it not be safe?
Their "checkered past" consists of only two events, one of which was by no means MH's fault, and the other still unexplained.

I have flown MH plenty over the years, and continue to do so - and have no concerns around safety.

minizian Jan 20, 2020 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by SilverChris (Post 31964103)
You’re better off worrying about the ride to the airport.

Are you referring to the van with badminton player who crashed on the way to airport?

If so, that road is like unofficial autobahn :eek:

Zawnet Jan 20, 2020 10:33 pm

Originally Posted by minizian (Post 31975585)
Are you referring to the van with badminton player who crashed on the way to airport?

If so, that road is like unofficial autobahn :eek:

That particular incident is probably more likely to be related to falling half-asleep at the wheel at 430am.

amnicoll Jan 22, 2020 5:48 am

Got to agree with the above madness to buy ticket and then ask. Personally I would have no hesitation flyI got MAS again if the price was right

rbAA Jan 27, 2020 12:11 am

Originally Posted by Sandeep1 (Post 31955200)
Cheap J fares, intra-asia. Wouldn't have much of an issue cancelling and being out the money if necessary.

Care to share which J fares are still available intra-Asia? And MH is as safe as any, just a lousy schedule to PEK and back.

Zawnet Jan 27, 2020 12:28 am

Originally Posted by rbAA (Post 31998670)
Care to share which J fares are still available intra-Asia? And MH is as safe as any, just a lousy schedule to PEK and back.

The new schedules to Beijing are so much better - prob because it is now to/ from PKX. MH has ceased flying to PEK.

Sandeep1 Jan 27, 2020 12:28 am

Originally Posted by rbAA (Post 31998670)

KUL-MNL I booked for about $200 in J

nort Jan 28, 2020 11:12 am

Originally Posted by minizian (Post 31960089)
I dont see any issues with MH. That two event were just oddities.

We can say all what we wanted but it is you are flying end of the day.

If I were you, I will still take the flight because of the cheap rate being offered.

There are other airlines that are much more dodgy if you take your time to look around :)

+1 to this.

The bigger question I have is what have they done after the disappearance of the flight. Does anyone know what safety measures MH has added since then? E.g. two people always present in cockpit even if one pilot wants to go to the bathroom? Satellite transponders with frequent pings that cannot be turned off? Does anyone know and can cite some press releases from MH?