Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

Options for overnight at KUL before flight in the morning

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2019, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus

I have an upcoming day trip from KUL to TGG to visit somebody. The outbound flight is MH1326 departing KUL at 7:05am. I would prefer to stay near to KLIA (or indeed inside KLIA) and I am wondering what are my options and which hotels would be suggested? At a pinch, how is it sleeping in any of the MH lounges at KLIA?

- I could stay at a hotel landslide at KLIA
- Would it be possible to check my bag late the evening before or after midnight on the day of the flight (I have to bring a big bag unfortunately) and then stay in an airside hotel prior to the flight?

I would rather stay at or near KLIA rather than coming from central KL early in the morning which is why I am asking. I would also prefer to be airside if it is possible.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 7:53 am

I assume you are originating in KUL. As you would ONLY have access to the domestic airside part of the terminal, you will have zero options to sleep airside (apart from perhaps benches!) and the domestic MH lounge will close close to or at midnight before opening again at around 5 or 530am.

So your options are just landside hotels - the cheaper ones are at KLIA2 area (Tune Hotel, Aerotel, etc) a train ride away.
wilsnunn likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by Zawnet
I assume you are originating in KUL. As you would ONLY have access to the domestic airside part of the terminal, you will have zero options to sleep airside (apart from perhaps benches!) and the domestic MH lounge will close close to or at midnight before opening again at around 5 or 530am.

So your options are just landside hotels - the cheaper ones are at KLIA2 area (Tune Hotel, Aerotel, etc) a train ride away.
Thanks for this!
Old Jul 31, 2019, 8:22 am

Programs: Enrich
Samasama hotel, right beside klia, not the transit one is best if cost is not issue

Else, take train to klia2 for rm 2 one way, you can take either capsule or tune hotel. Aerotel may at the expensive side as sama sama hotel
wilsnunn likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2019, 7:24 pm

Programs: QF SG(LTS) - AA LTG(1MM)
There is a free "bus" from KLIA2 to KLIA the stop for which is actually a very short walk from the TUNE Hotel. It is direct from KLIA to KLIA2 but requires a bus swap (in the long term parking lot) heading to KLIA.
Very much less hassle than going into the terminal and finding the train.

Happy wandering
Fred
wilsnunn likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 8:41 pm

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
Nobody here mentioned the Movenpick KLIA hotel, 10 minutes Grab ride.
It's a nice and new hotel, however it is completely dry since it's built on land owned by the Malaysian Hajj organization.
Best part is the breakfast, but that will impossible to enjoy due to your flight timing.
wilsnunn and sulhan like this.
Old Dec 3, 2022, 7:45 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
I'm arriving from BKK at 11.20pm and departing for PER the next day at 9.35am. Is it possible to have my bags checked through to PER from BKK so I can stay airside overnight at KUL? If not, can I check-in my bags for PER from 12am, then head back airside?
Old Dec 5, 2022, 5:16 pm

Originally Posted by danger
I'm arriving from BKK at 11.20pm and departing for PER the next day at 9.35am. Is it possible to have my bags checked through to PER from BKK so I can stay airside overnight at KUL? If not, can I check-in my bags for PER from 12am, then head back airside?
This query needs more information.

Are you on two separate MH tickets, or a single MH ticket? If so, yes, for sure.

If not, it will depend on the separate-ticket interlining policies of the first airline you fly in question. The following is relevant if MH is the first airline: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/malay...e-tickets.html; you should check on the relevant airline if other than MH.

Last edited by crackjack; Dec 5, 2022 at 5:23 pm
Old Dec 5, 2022, 6:03 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by crackjack
This query needs more information.

Are you on two separate MH tickets, or a single MH ticket? If so, yes, for sure.

If not, it will depend on the separate-ticket interlining policies of the first airline you fly in question. The following is relevant if MH is the first airline: Malaysia Airlines Official Policy on Checking bags on separate tickets - FlyerTalk Forums; you should check on the relevant airline if other than MH.
One single MH ticket (award issued by QF).

"If so, yes, for sure" is in relation to two separate tickets or one? If the latter, is there anything online I can refer the BKK team to in the event I have a problem?
Old Dec 6, 2022, 12:28 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL

"If so, yes, for sure" is in relation to two separate tickets or one? If the latter, is there anything online I can refer the BKK team to in the event I have a problem?
MH will check it through as long as your layover in KUL doesn't exceed 24 hours.

If the BKK staff refuse to do it for some reason, I'm not sure landside check in will accept your bag the night before. My guess would be no, but I've never asked.
Old Dec 6, 2022, 4:29 pm

Both, the link in the wiki on the other thread is applicable: https://askmh.malaysiaairlines.com/f...language=en_US

(As SC noted, this is for layovers of <24h, standard industry practice.)

[EDIT] Same PNR, technically, not necessarily same ticket. I tend to mix usage of the terms as usually they align 1-to-1, but one can have a single PNR with 2+ tickets within.

Last edited by crackjack; Dec 6, 2022 at 10:58 pm
Old Dec 7, 2022, 12:03 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by SilverChris
MH will check it through as long as your layover in KUL doesn't exceed 24 hours.

If the BKK staff refuse to do it for some reason, I'm not sure landside check in will accept your bag the night before. My guess would be no, but I've never asked.
Originally Posted by crackjack
Both, the link in the wiki on the other thread is applicable: https://askmh.malaysiaairlines.com/f...language=en_US

(As SC noted, this is for layovers of <24h, standard industry practice.)

[EDIT] Same PNR, technically, not necessarily same ticket. I tend to mix usage of the terms as usually they align 1-to-1, but one can have a single PNR with 2+ tickets within.
Interesting. Thanks. I would have thought bags would only have been checked to KUL, given there's an overnight layover, but if they'll be checked through to PER, all the better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.