Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Zeroed out J availability on BKK-TPE

Search this Thread

Old May 8, 2019, 3:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Zeroed out J availability on BKK-TPE

Have been trying to book BKK-KUL-TPE in J for a few days now on MH website but searching the dates I want (14th of June outbound, 20th of July inbound) the search just returns an error "We are unable to find recommendations for your search. Please change your search criteria and resubmit the search. (66002 [866])". I'm able to price them up on Matrix but can't book using bookwithmatrix.

I checked the availability for each flight on EF and they are wide open. However when I checked BKK-KUL-TPE round trip all J fare classes are zeroed out. Checked a few other random dates and it seems it's not just the specific dates that have been zeroed out but on same dates there indeed is Biz Flex tickets available. Could't find any promo fares for June - July.

Is this common and is there any way around it like calling? A TA probably can't help.

And yes, I know I could do CX or even direct BR for roughly the same price but I'm after the cheap TPs.
Old May 8, 2019, 4:35 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
ota will work.
Old May 8, 2019, 5:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver (OWS), OZ Diamond (*G), TK Elite (*G), HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ashkale
ota will work.
Expedia, Kayak or Skyscanner cannot find anything expect codeshares for +$3k. With which OTA are you able to get it to price?
Old May 8, 2019, 5:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
It could be married segment availability, which EF doesn't check IIRC.

Have you checked EF for fares and fare rules? I'm assuming that this would be a legal routing on MH in business class, but it might be good to make sure. Check also how much more expensive it would be to book this as separate tickets, of course with lots of time in KUL.

Try calling MH and ask to buy the ticket over the phone?
Old May 8, 2019, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by AnttiV
Have been trying to book BKK-KUL-TPE in J for a few days now on MH website but searching the dates I want (14th of June outbound, 20th of July inbound) the search just returns an error "We are unable to find recommendations for your search. Please change your search criteria and resubmit the search. (66002 [866])". I'm able to price them up on Matrix but can't book using bookwithmatrix.

I checked the availability for each flight on EF and they are wide open. However when I checked BKK-KUL-TPE round trip all J fare classes are zeroed out. Checked a few other random dates and it seems it's not just the specific dates that have been zeroed out but on same dates there indeed is Biz Flex tickets available. Could't find any promo fares for June - July.

Is this common and is there any way around it like calling? A TA probably can't help.

And yes, I know I could do CX or even direct BR for roughly the same price but I'm after the cheap TPs.
Outbound departures in June TPE-BKK the website only offers the CI codeshare flights with fare class DBZ6MTW and does not pick up the nonstop MH flight MH367. I was able to price Jun 14 to July 19 for TWD 22850, but couldn't get inbound on July 20, either Z or D.

Changing outbound to Jul 10 I can get inbound on Jul 20. But inbound only on codeshare CI flight and books in D. Also priced at TWD 22850.

Fare conditions for Taiwan fares state that either inbound or outbound must include travel on MH flights and MH is not making MH367 available on June 14 nor is MH366 available for July 20 for through ticketing. MH is perfectly happy to sell MH367/MH366 on Jun14/Jul20 as TPE-KUL return for TWD 21049 though! 1 - PSGR P1 ADT RULES DISPLAY
FARE COMPONENT 1 ADT TPEBKK MH DBZ6MTW PU 1 N
FCL: DBZ6MTW TRF: 8 RULE: TW01 BK: D
PTC: ADT-ADULT FTC: BR -BUSINESS CLASS RESTRICTED
FL.FLT APPLICATION

THE PRICING UNIT MUST INCLUDE TRAVEL ON
ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING
ANY CX FLIGHT
ANY KA FLIGHT
ANY MH FLIGHT OPERATED BY MH
FOR OUTBOUND AND/OR INBOUND TRAVEL.

1 - PSGR P1 ADT RULES DISPLAY
FARE COMPONENT 2 ADT BKKTPE MH ZBZ3MTW PU 1 S
FCL: ZBZ3MTW TRF: 8 RULE: TW01 BK: Z
PTC: ADT-ADULT FTC: BAP-BUSINESS CLASS ADV PURCH
FL.FLT APPLICATION
FOR ZBZ3MTW TYPE FARES

THE FARE COMPONENT MUST BE ON
ONE OR MORE OF THE FOLLOWING
ANY CX FLIGHT
ANY KA FLIGHT
MH FLIGHTS 3000 THROUGH 3999
ANY MH FLIGHT OPERATED BY MH.

Old May 8, 2019, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
It could be married segment availability, which EF doesn't check IIRC.
Seems like it.
Old May 8, 2019, 6:26 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Try the multicity feature.
Old May 8, 2019, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by ashkale
Try the multicity feature.
Great suggestion! That did the trick.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.