Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Oneworld FF crediting issues from MH

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2017, 7:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum
Oneworld FF crediting issues from MH

Just a quick word of warning for OneWorld frequent flyers who are specially flying on MH for tier points/miles: just because your FF number is on your boarding pass, it doesn't mean that it's actually in the system (I know - it sounds crazy, doesn't it?). Anyway, what this means is that you may well have to waste time afterwards chasing up the miles and/or getting them credited to the correct OneWorld account if you have more than one.

Their customer service reps are also not helpful at all in trying to resolve issues - basically trying to pass the buck to someone else rather than just getting on with it and resolving the issue.

So in case you're a OW FF thinking of a miles run on MH, consider yourself forewarned... there is a reason why MH have to price their tickets cheaply!
Old Dec 14, 2017, 7:13 am

Programs: JL GC | Marriott LT Silver | Global Entry | SQ Silver
So far I haven't any problems crediting my MH flights to JL FFP.

I always key in my FFP number during OLCI if it's not there already.
windchaser777 and nancypants like this.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 10:03 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
I've never had any problems with MH crediting to BAEC.

Certain fare classes are ineligible, but those are well documented in this Forum.

M
nancypants likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 11:28 am

Take a picture of your boarding pass, send it and the ticket to the OW FFP you use, hopefully that does the trick. I've had issues on both MH & other OW flights postig to my AA account, it worked for me.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 2:20 pm

Programs: NZ
So far no problem with MH flights crediting to QFF

If my QFF number is in a booking on another OW carrier then it will pull through to the QF website/app as an upcoming trip. If the trips are there I am comfortable the points will process correctly, but of course I do keep the boarding passes in case they don't.
nancypants likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 7:01 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, ALL Gold
Inputed my BAEC number when I purchased the MH ticket (PEN-KUL-ICN-KUL-PEN), and it successfully credited 3 days after each flight.
nancypants likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
I've never had any problems crediting MH flights to either BA or AA. So don't know what OP is ranting about..without him/her giving specifics.
nancypants likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 8:03 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by Too much travel
Just a quick word of warning for OneWorld frequent flyers who are specially flying on MH for tier points/miles: just because your FF number is on your boarding pass, it doesn't mean that it's actually in the system (I know - it sounds crazy, doesn't it?). Anyway, what this means is that you may well have to waste time afterwards chasing up the miles and/or getting them credited to the correct OneWorld account if you have more than one.

Their customer service reps are also not helpful at all in trying to resolve issues - basically trying to pass the buck to someone else rather than just getting on with it and resolving the issue.

So in case you're a OW FF thinking of a miles run on MH, consider yourself forewarned... there is a reason why MH have to price their tickets cheaply!
Worth checking if your class of ticket is eligible to redeem miles/sectors.

However this issues always happens on MasWings which MH strangely considers a partner airline ... despite them being the parent company and sharing the same airline code. Doesn't matter if booking class is full J or even Y, miles just don't post themselves on MasWings.
nancypants likes this.

Last edited by wantan; Dec 14, 2017 at 8:06 pm Reason: formating
Old Dec 14, 2017, 8:54 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Haven't had issues with MH segments and BAEC recently. If they didn't appear in your BA account then your beef is with BAEC.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 1:02 am

Guys i did a recent KUL to PEK and credited to BA. Only to found that the fare class N is non accrual for BA.

is it possible to have it credited back to Enrich instead? Even though the flight already completed.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 5:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: OneWorld Emerald (BA GGL), *A Silver (Miles & Less), Skyteam Pleb (KLM FlyingBlue), Mucci Platinum
Originally booked with CX FF number, then subsequently changed before the trip to BA FF number. BA FF number on all the relevant boarding passes; check-in and/or gate agents confirmed that it is indeed the BA FF number rather than the CX FF number. And yet two of the flights still ended up being credited to CX despite the BA FF number being on the boarding pass - so even within the same e-ticket and trip they managed to correctly credit some legs to BA and incorrectly credit one leg to CX.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 5:48 am
Original Poster

Before the "MH is great" apologists/nationalists jump in with a knee-jerk response, let me just say that customer services have been very unhelpful - I won't copy and paste the e-mail response hear but it really is a lazy and nonsensical answer!
ashkale likes this.
Old Dec 15, 2017, 10:47 am
Original Member

Programs: AAdvantage (Exec Plat), United, Delta
OP is right, there are problems with MH crediting to AA, which I summarized here only a few weeks ago: How long to post MH miles to AAdvantage?

On all four flights I took, my Advantage number was correctly recorded in MH check-in system and it showed up on the printed boarding pass. I did finally get my miles posted, but it took more than 2 weeks for both outbound and return, and only after multiple prompts by phone and email to AA after MH said my miles had already posted to an MH account (which I've never had). I wouldn't have been so proactive had I not been counting on them for year-end status re-qual, but MH responses were annoying and incorrect. AA also said this was one of two airline partners that this is a recurring problem with.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 3:45 am

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
Every airline has problems with miles not posting.
Agents not scanning your boarding pass at the gate, flight not closed properly, ineligible fare classes, failure to board, pax trying to double dip into multiple programs, last minute changing FFPs while boarding, name mismatching etc. There is ALWAYS a legit reason why points don't post to an account, and ranting on here sure as heck won't make anything post faster. If miles don't post to your account - you should speak with the FREQUENT FLYER PROGRAM you belong to and have them chase it for you. You're wasting your time by speaking to the AIRLINE you flew with to have your points credited to another program.
Guy Betsy and nancypants like this.
Old Dec 16, 2017, 3:52 am

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
Originally Posted by talfred
Guys i did a recent KUL to PEK and credited to BA. Only to found that the fare class N is non accrual for BA.

is it possible to have it credited back to Enrich instead? Even though the flight already completed.
If it's already logged in your BA account I suggest you are out of luck, especially if you used the lounge or any type of elite benefit from your BA status.
Guy Betsy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.