Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

Analysts suggest MH should shut down after failing to be profitable

Analysts suggest MH should shut down after failing to be profitable

Old Jul 10, 19, 5:25 am

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
A large portion of population feels entitled and doesnt understand the concept of service. A wider reform in education is required to bring any substantial change to Malaysia. Btw the LCC is a pure ponzi scheme, so when it comes to fail will be a problem multifold of the current one
quinzinho likes this.
Old Jul 11, 19, 5:21 am

Programs: MH Platinum/ OW Emerald
Originally Posted by ashkale View Post
A large portion of population feels entitled and doesnt understand the concept of service. A wider reform in education is required to bring any substantial change to Malaysia. Btw the LCC is a pure ponzi scheme, so when it comes to fail will be a problem multifold of the current one
Could you please explain why the LCC concept of Air Asia is s ponzi scheme?
Old Jul 11, 19, 5:37 am

Programs: Etihad Gold, Qatar Gold, flying Blue, Falcon, Lufthansa, Eva
Originally Posted by quinzinho View Post
Could you please explain why the LCC concept of Air Asia is s ponzi scheme?
I too would have been interested but having read the whole of the post I ignored it
Old Jul 11, 19, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB AF Silver, BA Gold
Originally Posted by amnicoll View Post
I (an Englishman) have no doubt that left to their own devices Malaysians could run an excellent airline and turn in a profit in the long run and that the problem is governmental interference. Sure there are social and wider economic benefits in running some services that are not profitable and the cost of these should be bourne by the government if they want MAS to run them and it should be paid for in the form of a contract with the government and not a cost to be carried by the airline
having done a lot of business in Malaysia, I believe that the problem is far more serious than government intervention.
Having a traditional Malay corporate structure compete internationally is near-impossible. It is not sufficient to simply appoint a foreign CEO or top management team.
d00t, ashkale, jysim and 1 others like this.