FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Malaysia Airlines | Enrich (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/malaysia-airlines-enrich-758/)
-   -   Malaysia Golden Lounges at KLIA (Post Renovations) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/malaysia-airlines-enrich/1896407-malaysia-golden-lounges-klia-post-renovations.html)

Freddorick Apr 7, 2018 7:33 am

Does anyone know if arriving OWE passengers from international MH flights can access the MH F lounge? I recall reading this somewhere but cannot find it anymore.

Ashi777 Apr 7, 2018 1:56 pm

The new lounges are nice, one thing that bothered me is that in the domestic lounge there are no shower facilities, quite frankly after a long international flight and having a domestic onward journey it would be nice to have a shower. The food offering in the domestic and regional is okay.

SilverChris Apr 7, 2018 5:03 pm

Originally Posted by Ashi777 (Post 29613893)
The new lounges are nice, one thing that bothered me is that in the domestic lounge there are no shower facilities, quite frankly after a long international flight and having a domestic onward journey it would be nice to have a shower. The food offering in the domestic and regional is okay.

You can use the international lounges before clearing immigration. Those have showers and are accessible with your domestic BP.

quinzinho Apr 7, 2018 8:19 pm

Originally Posted by Ashi777 (Post 29613893)

I'd swear there's 1 shower cabin in the bathrooms. Maybe somebody else can confirm.

crackjack Apr 7, 2018 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by Freddorick (Post 29612879)
Does anyone know if arriving OWE passengers from international MH flights can access the MH F lounge? I recall reading this somewhere but cannot find it anymore.

This thread?
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mala...s-arrival.html

[Edit]MH does still have this query addressed per their FAQ:

https://mhcare.malaysiaairlines.com/...language=en_US
Can I enter the Golden Lounge at KLIA if I'm travelling on Business Class from an international destination?

Answer: Business class passengers may enter the Golden Lounge at KLIA under these conditions:-
  • All passengers holding First and Business class ticket
  • Enrich Platinum or Gold cards
  • Upon purchase at the Lounge Reception
Note: Domestic and regional lounge passengers are allowed to utilize the lounge upon departure only. International lounge passengers are allowed to utilise the lounge for departure, transit and arrival.
Guess that explains why they don’t care for my arrival economy boarding pass, since it does not list non-Enrich OW status as an eligible condition (not to mention the Economy ticket).

Still, others have mentioned access to the ‘F’ side with OWE status before, perhaps already having met a condition for Golden Lounge entry separately (e.g. a Business ticket).

Freddorick Apr 8, 2018 7:01 am

Originally Posted by crackjack (Post 29615039)

This thread?
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/mala...s-arrival.html

[Edit]MH does still have this query addressed per their FAQ:

Guess that explains why they don’t care for my arrival economy boarding pass, since it does not list non-Enrich OW status as an eligible condition (not to mention the Economy ticket).

Still, others have mentioned access to the ‘F’ side with OWE status before, perhaps already having met a condition for Golden Lounge entry separately (e.g. a Business ticket).

Thanks a lot!

1353513636 Apr 11, 2018 5:27 am

Would I get acccess to the F side if I am flying MH inbound from BKK in J on Day 1, then outbound on MH in J to SIN on Day 2, and then from SIN to somewhere else on OW F (not MH) in the evening on Day 1? Based on my understanding of the OW lounge access rules, I would surely have access on Day 2.

teemuflyer Apr 11, 2018 6:53 am

Originally Posted by 1353513636 (Post 29627491)
Would I get acccess to the F side if I am flying MH inbound from BKK in J on Day 1, then outbound on MH in J to SIN on Day 2, and then from SIN to somewhere else on OW F (not MH) in the evening on Day 1? Based on my understanding of the OW lounge access rules, I would surely have access on Day 2.

I'm assuming you meant the evening of day 2.. In that case, yes, you would have access to the F lounge upon departure from KLIA on day 2.

1353513636 Apr 11, 2018 1:49 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer (Post 29627748)
I'm assuming you meant the evening of day 2.. In that case, yes, you would have access to the F lounge upon departure from KLIA on day 2.

Sorry my mistake. I meant if flight is in F from SIN on day 2, woiuld I have F access in Kul on Day 1, since it seems to be commin practice at MH to grant arrival lounge access.

SilverChris Apr 11, 2018 3:08 pm

Originally Posted by 1353513636 (Post 29629462)
Sorry my mistake. I meant if flight is in F from SIN on day 2, woiuld I have F access in Kul on Day 1, since it seems to be commin practice at MH to grant arrival lounge access.

If I understand correctly, you want to access F the lounge on Day 1 after arriving from BKK? If they follow the rules, I doubt you'd be given F access on the basis of Day 2's F boarding pass. That said, I'd expect it to be a YMMV situation, so there's no harm in asking, especially if you've printed all the onward boarding passes.

You'll probably be given F access on Day 2 but you might have to remind them of the OW rules, as I doubt they encounter this situation often.

Regardless, the J side should suffice. In some ways it's actually better than the F side.

EK004 Regular Apr 12, 2018 4:50 am

I have just got back from the MH F Lounge;

YOu can access the F part of the lounge if you are OWE, but you can not access the First Class Suite, but dont worry its a waste of time anyway! Its just a sitting room with 2 TVs, that they don't have the remotes for!

https://cimg1.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...0e7f408c32.jpg
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...c7c3eeb580.jpg

The Main F Lounge
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...9decf02527.jpg

Inside the First Suite
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...790df4608e.jpg
https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...a052d200c7.jpg

Large Shower
https://cimg8.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...7f19ace2b5.jpg

Private Bathroom

kaffir76 Apr 13, 2018 6:58 am

Looks awesome!

Definitely many steps up from the old lounge.
Slumber room can definitely do with some noise insulation from the hallway.
I wasn’t expecting individual slumber rooms for J pax anyways.

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...ed45da799.jpeg
Definitely many steps up from the old lounge.

kaffir76 Apr 13, 2018 7:24 am

OK so 1 thing I noticed is that the lounge staff & cleaning crew are very diligent in keeping the tables & floors near & tidy.
I like it - well done MAS! :-::-:
#MASboleh

kaffir76 Apr 13, 2018 7:35 am

Originally Posted by 1353513636 (Post 29629462)
Sorry my mistake. I meant if flight is in F from SIN on day 2, would I have F access in KUL on Day 1, since it seems to be common practice at MH to grant arrival lounge access.

Quite confused but nonetheless, please report back if u did gain entry into the F lounge at KUL. I'm sure u will definitely enjoy the QF/BA F lounge in SIN at T1.

Originally Posted by SilverChris (Post 29629750)
If I understand correctly, you want to access F the lounge on Day 1 after arriving from BKK? If they follow the rules, I doubt you'd be given F access on the basis of Day 2's F boarding pass. That said, I'd expect it to be a YMMV situation, so there's no harm in asking, especially if you've printed all the onward boarding passes.

You'll probably be given F access on Day 2 but you might have to remind them of the OW rules, as I doubt they encounter this situation often.

Regardless, the J side should suffice. In some ways it's actually better than the F side.

Did u mean "Day 1" instead of "Day 2" because he'll definitely get access to the F lounge in SIN on Day 2.

carrotjuice Apr 14, 2018 2:43 am

I was in the F lounge the other day, and EVERY table (yes, I kid you not - including myself) ordered the ayam percik and snapper, and trifle for dessert. They tasted great!

1353513636 Apr 14, 2018 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by kaffir76 (Post 29635901)
Quite confused but nonetheless, please report back if u did gain entry into the F lounge at KUL. I'm sure u will definitely enjoy the QF/BA F lounge in SIN at T1.

Did u mean "Day 1" instead of "Day 2" because he'll definitely get access to the F lounge in SIN on Day 2.

Full itinerary is
Day 1
BKK-KUL (MH C)
Day 2
KUL-SIN(MH C)-MEL(QF F)
Day 3
MEL-AKL(QF C)

I was asking about F lounge on Day 1 on the basis of being an F passenger although I wouldn't be entitled to any lounge access according to OW rules in KUL on Day 1, it seems like MH would at least let me in the C lounge based on their own policy. OW rules dictate access to the F side on Day 2 if I understand them correctly.

Zawnet Apr 15, 2018 3:12 am

Originally Posted by 1353513636 (Post 29641344)
Full itinerary is
Day 1
BKK-KUL (MH C)
Day 2
KUL-SIN(MH C)-MEL(QF F)
Day 3
MEL-AKL(QF C)

I was asking about F lounge on Day 1 on the basis of being an F passenger although I wouldn't be entitled to any lounge access according to OW rules in KUL on Day 1, it seems like MH would at least let me in the C lounge based on their own policy. OW rules dictate access to the F side on Day 2 if I understand them correctly.

If you are OWE, you would have access to the F lounge. If not, the J lounge.

crackjack Apr 15, 2018 3:27 am

Originally Posted by 1353513636 (Post 29641344)
Day 2
KUL-SIN(MH C)-MEL(QF F)

Are these the same ticket / PNR?

A flexible interpretation of OW’s lounge access rules is required to gain access to a lounge on the basis of the second PNR booking class. See relevant post here:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/show...6&postcount=29

However, there is no interpretation where you are entitled to ‘F’-side access on Day 1, though it always comes down to the staff at the desk at the end of the day...

Originally Posted by kaffir76 (Post 29635901)
... the QF/BA F lounge in SIN at T1.

Wait, which QF/ BA F lounge??
(Concorde Bar is separate from OW F access rules...)

1353513636 Apr 15, 2018 3:24 pm

It is one ticket.

I'm aware I don't have access on Day 1 according to OW rules so I was wondering if MH was more generous since they seem to be about C arrival lounge access.

Also, is the satellite C lounge or regional C lounge better?

Ashi777 Apr 15, 2018 7:29 pm

Hmm, so I have a question I really like the satellite lounge, I have an upcoming flight with Malaysia airlines domestic connecting flight to be exact, I would like to shower after an Intl arrival, can I access the golden satellite lounge with a domestic BP?

lcpteck Apr 15, 2018 8:20 pm

Originally Posted by Ashi777 (Post 29644438)
Hmm, so I have a question I really like the satellite lounge, I have an upcoming flight with Malaysia airlines domestic connecting flight to be exact, I would like to shower after an Intl arrival, can I access the golden satellite lounge with a domestic BP?

I don't see why not.

Zawnet Apr 15, 2018 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by Ashi777 (Post 29644438)

Thats quite a valid excuse to use the international lounge - and which you can have access to before heading to transit immigration for your domestic flight - as the sole shower facility in the domestic lounge seems to be no longer available for some reason.

crackjack Apr 16, 2018 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by 1353513636 (Post 29643741)
It is one ticket.

I'm aware I don't have access on Day 1 according to OW rules so I was wondering if MH was more generous since they seem to be about C arrival lounge access.

Also, is the satellite C lounge or regional C lounge better?

MH likely does not have a specific policy for this kind of situation, given how unique it is. As others have mentioned, you likely won’t have access to the ‘F’ side on Day 1, but it will not hurt to ask (with F boarding pass in hand if possible).

Do update here with your experience after the trip.

(You should get F-side access in KUL on Day 2, but even that is technically not guaranteed, as you are not ‘travelling between’ in KUL to / from the long-haul... again, though, waving the F boarding pass at them should work.)

I’d say go with the Satellite lounge; it can be more crowded but is also much larger, and the food & facilities are much improved. The bar though... not sure how one makes a bad rum & coke from branded alcohol (i.e. non-spurious), but they somehow did.

thefilipinotraveler Apr 18, 2018 11:37 am

Visited the F Lounge last night for the first time. Went straight to the restaurant and ordered the grilled sea bass and tropical fruit trifle which were both very good ;) There were many Japanese guests in the restaurant during my visit, due to a JAL flight departing around 11pm. Otherwise the rest of the lounge (The Gallery) was very quiet ;)

NoY May 26, 2018 7:09 am

Visited the F lounge for lunch today. Truly dreadful food. Cold soup. Yes, cold, could barely call it lukewarm. Chicken dish, hideous. Tough & overcooked. The potatoes were like bullets. What the heck? The champagne (de Venoge :confused:) was chilled & surprisingly nice though.
Otherwise just bad, plain bad.

dsquared37 May 26, 2018 8:04 am

Originally Posted by NoY (Post 29795926)
Visited the F lounge for lunch today. Truly dreadful food. Cold soup. Yes, cold, could barely call it lukewarm. Chicken dish, hideous. Tough & overcooked. The potatoes were like bullets. What the heck? The champagne (de Venoge :confused:) was chilled & surprisingly nice though.
Otherwise just bad, plain bad.

Ordered the tagliatelle a few days ago; pasta so overcooked it was falling apart. Caesar salad doused in dressing too.

NoY May 26, 2018 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by dsquared37 (Post 29796033)
Ordered the tagliatelle a few days ago; pasta so overcooked it was falling apart. Caesar salad doused in dressing too.

Sorry to hear that. Incidentally, I left the F lounge & went into the J side following my non-meal. Many items were identical to those offered in the F side. Same soup, same pasta options, etc.

As I was scouting the lunch options the Head Chef appeared by my shoulder & asked what he could prepare for me (he got the word from F staff) He then prepared spaghetti aglio olio which was perfectly al dente & pretty tasty.

The whole catering side needs a damned good kick up the butt & some decent management. Otherwise it will continue to be amateur hour. They need to get themselves over to CX HKG lounges & get a shot of quality & expertise in action.

So sad really, because the hard product is now pretty decent.

teemuflyer May 27, 2018 5:25 am

Originally Posted by NoY (Post 29797517)
Sorry to hear that. Incidentally, I left the F lounge & went into the J side following my non-meal. Many items were identical to those offered in the F side. Same soup, same pasta options, etc.

As I was scouting the lunch options the Head Chef appeared by my shoulder & asked what he could prepare for me (he got the word from F staff) He then prepared spaghetti aglio olio which was perfectly al dente & pretty tasty.

The whole catering side needs a damned good kick up the butt & some decent management. Otherwise it will continue to be amateur hour. They need to get themselves over to CX HKG lounges & get a shot of quality & expertise in action.

So sad really, because the hard product is now pretty decent.

As disappointing as your experience was in the beginning I'll give them some credit for service recovery with the Head Chef addressing your concerns. I'm sure he in turn will be taking closer attention on the pasta doneness with his line cooks.

I have not had the spaghetti aglio olio in the new F lounge, but had it in the new main terminal lounge and found it really nice..

NoY May 27, 2018 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by teemuflyer (Post 29798393)
As disappointing as your experience was in the beginning I'll give them some credit for service recovery with the Head Chef addressing your concerns. I'm sure he in turn will be taking closer attention on the pasta doneness with his line cooks.

I have not had the spaghetti aglio olio in the new F lounge, but had it in the new main terminal lounge and found it really nice..

Yes, indeed, & I thanked him for making an effort. The problem is, the last experience I had in the MH F lounge (pre-renovation) was similarly very poor. I really wanted this to be good but no, it was just plain awful.

Just as another point of interest, I was asked if I wanted coffee. I asked if they could make a flat white coffee. Yes, they said. Oh no, they cannot! It was pretty much undrinkable milky white coffee. Well-intentioned but, as I said, amateur-ish to say the least.

I actually considered going to the Plaza Premium Lounge as they serve very decent Barista-made coffees, although by this time I was all but defeated.

wantan May 28, 2018 12:20 am

just went through the Domestic Lounge 5pm - 6pm , and they had only 1 Tray on the Hot Buffet ... being crab cakes & curry puffs. Just wondering if this is a fasting month thing, or have they cut out the usual rice & meat dish ?

Noddle station & sandwiches were still there. Also very strange how we have to request for soft drinks ....

sxc May 28, 2018 2:45 am

Originally Posted by NoY (Post 29797517)
They need to get themselves over to CX HKG lounges & get a shot of quality & expertise in action.

Don't speak too soon:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cath...l#post29759591

NoY May 28, 2018 2:56 am

Originally Posted by sxc (Post 29800993)

LOL - quite aware of this too! Still MUCH better than Golden Lounges, IMHO :)

thejohn May 28, 2018 3:32 am

I was in the golden Lounge KUL last night and had the Chicken with pesto and potatoes and I have to say Bad really Bad, cold chicken hard cold potatoes the only good item was the plum tomatoes I should have listened upthread and gone elsewhere to eat. I also asked for a Cognac and I had to leave before I saw anybody to ask again an hour later, that's poor very poor first world problem I know but that's the flagship lounge at their home base. Sorry rant over.
John

NoY May 28, 2018 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by thejohn (Post 29801073)
I was in the golden Lounge KUL last night and had the Chicken with pesto and potatoes and I have to say Bad really Bad, cold chicken hard cold potatoes the only good item was the plum tomatoes I should have listened upthread and gone elsewhere to eat. I also asked for a Cognac and I had to leave before I saw anybody to ask again an hour later, that's poor very poor first world problem I know but that's the flagship lounge at their home base. Sorry rant over.
John

Once bitten.........:D

clubeurope May 29, 2018 5:58 am

I'm rather disappointed with their laksa bar. For something so advertised, it was very underwhelming and by no means tasted good.

The fact that its usually served rather cold didn't help.

carrotjuice May 31, 2018 12:02 am

Originally Posted by clubeurope (Post 29804577)
I'm rather disappointed with their laksa bar. For something so advertised, it was very underwhelming and by no means tasted good.

The fact that its usually served rather cold didn't help.

I so very agree!! Everything in the Golden Lounge tastes a bit sub par these days... from the penang laksa to the curry chicken, to the lamb mini burgers (hard and cold), even the nasi lemak sambal (how can the national airline get the national dish in its home city wrong?)

All the items mentioned taste tepid and lame.

GodAtum May 31, 2018 2:27 am

Been to the old First lounge a few times. Loved the food but there was a lack of seats. Has the seating situation improved?

thefilipinotraveler May 31, 2018 2:41 am

Originally Posted by GodAtum (Post 29812207)
Been to the old First lounge a few times. Loved the food but there was a lack of seats. Has the seating situation improved?

I was in the lounge last month between 8pm and 9pm and it was not crowded at all. Lots of seating areas in the Gallery ;) I took pictures which you can find here.

Sozee Jun 9, 2018 4:17 am

Has anyone tried sleeping overnight in the Satellite Lounge in the nap rooms? If someone could share their experience. as I'm considering it for an upcoming trip in August

carrotjuice Jun 12, 2018 12:31 am

Originally Posted by Sozee (Post 29846741)
Has anyone tried sleeping overnight in the Satellite Lounge in the nap rooms? If someone could share their experience. as I'm considering it for an upcoming trip in August

Haven’t slept but have laid there for half hour or so and was dying to leave. The sofa material isn’t so “breathable” and generally feels warm quickly, also air circulation isn’t great in the napping area. Generally rather uncomfortable - I can’t imagine spending the night there and not feel miserable the morning after.