Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Cathay Pacific | Cathay
Reload this Page >

Confirmed: CX lounge operator change to Sodexo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 27, 2018, 2:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sxc
Discussion of The Deck continues here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cathay-pacific-marco-polo-club/1895979-deck-opens-22-march-2018-a.html
Print Wikipost

Confirmed: CX lounge operator change to Sodexo

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2018, 7:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
So so far its worse than how it was.
hail cx hail sodexo
Old May 2, 2018, 11:23 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by Nicc HK
Yes all new people and I know the lady whom you mean! The old staff are being spread across the other PP managed lounges at CLK and the lady in question is hoping for the AMEX lounge. So must give that a go.
Not all. As I said above, some people stayed on and signed contracts with Sodexo.
Old May 3, 2018, 12:57 am

Programs: AAdvantage Asia Miles Air China
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
Not all. As I said above, some people stayed on and signed contracts with Sodexo.
Not surprising though my understanding is all affected PP staff were offered opportunities in the other PP lounges. I can understand why some would switch to Sodexo rather than work in one particular PP lounge!
Old May 3, 2018, 7:57 pm

Originally Posted by Nicc HK
Not surprising though my understanding is all affected PP staff were offered opportunities in the other PP lounges. I can understand why some would switch to Sodexo rather than work in one particular PP lounge!
Well yes, because they are all employed by PPL and the company has the flexibility to move them around as much as they wish (there were even some staff that were based at some other cities and asked to relocate for a few months ( I have personally talked to a guy at The Pier, who normally worked at PPL@ KLIA 2). In addition to handling the AMEX lounge, they also have a new PPL First Class lounge opening soon as well as the new Airhotel, so they definitely need the extra manpower.
Old May 3, 2018, 8:10 pm
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by Rami Tamimi
In addition to handling the AMEX lounge, they also have a new PPL First Class lounge opening soon
Oh that's an interesting development - is this a First Class lounge for an airline, or a Plaza Premium branded one?

(Oops off topic )
Old May 3, 2018, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by sxc
Oh that's an interesting development - is this a First Class lounge for an airline, or a Plaza Premium branded one?

(Oops off topic )
Branded as Plaza Premium First Class lounge. The price will be much higher than the walk up price for their existing lounge (which is 75USD for 2 hours/100USD for 5 hours) and the list of credit cards that entitle to enter will be much shorter. Also some airlines are potentially going to send their top tiers and F pax there.
Old May 4, 2018, 12:33 am

Programs: Marco Polo Asia Miles
At the lounge now,

The personnel was extremely attentive, I hope stays like this

Thus far the peninsula has been the best, let's see if this gamble pays up. CX is moving forward with their higher revenue base policies and they are basically eating away their loyalty programs

Their last bastion are the lounges and crew services, if they lose that, that's it for them. CX is facing tremendous competition from other carriers and they should stay true to their initial values
QRC3288 likes this.
Old May 4, 2018, 12:22 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Went back through the Wing and the Pier F lounges last night... in Wing spent some time explaining how to make Espresso Martini to the barman... First one wasn't great but he picked it up fine by the third, QANTAS lounge is still the place to go for them. I then had dinner in the Pier just before closing, very few people there but was quick, seemed organised and no issues...well other than someone putting the coffee creamer and milk back in the wrong pots in the self-service area.
Old May 16, 2018, 4:27 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

I will preface this by saying that I haven't been to the Wing F for a while so I don't know if this is because of Sodexo, but the buffet is looking a bit sad. I thought there was always dimsum / dumplings on the buffet, but they don't have this anymore.

Drinks are improved - there's now Perrier Jouet and Aperol.

Last edited by sxc; May 16, 2018 at 4:54 am
Old May 16, 2018, 4:29 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

This is the Wing menu, and the beef short ribs that I ordered. Tasty, but luke warm. The dishes I think are quick to assemble dishes rather than anything cooked to order. However the Wing has always had a simpler menu than the Pier - probably due to different kitchen facilities.

QRC3288 likes this.

Last edited by sxc; May 16, 2018 at 4:55 am
Old May 16, 2018, 4:30 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

I popped into the Wing J as well. I would say it seems to be on par to pre Sodexo. But some of the buffet dishes are a repeat from F...

Also, they have dumplings, and spring rolls so arguably better than the F lounge!

Last edited by sxc; May 16, 2018 at 4:56 am
Old May 16, 2018, 4:57 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Just updated my posts with better resolution photos. Went to the Qantas lounge afterwards, and I think the F&B really is better than even the F offering at CX.
Old May 16, 2018, 5:10 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Diamond, AA exExPlat, BAEC exGold, HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Starriott Titanium, GE
Thanks our dear mod for the pictures. Absolutely no regrets of ditching CX F/HKG for EY and AUH on a leisure-ish upcoming planecation. Absolutely none.
kaka likes this.
Old May 16, 2018, 5:40 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, TK *G; JL JGC; SPG,Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by G-CIVC
Thanks our dear mod for the pictures. Absolutely no regrets of ditching CX F/HKG for EY and AUH on a leisure-ish upcoming planecation. Absolutely none.
good luck w ur food
i was in F on the connecting end, whist good on 1 leg the other leg was rather grim. I believe it was a well cooked steak.
G-CIVC and royng like this.
Old May 17, 2018, 7:20 am

Programs: BA Gold
Just in the Wing F this evening. I had terrible Risotto. (the plate was hot, the risotto was lukewarm) swapped for the beef which was very nice. Espresso Martini was nothing to write home about and Qantas definitely do a better one. Also: arrived at 7 pm to be told there was a 3 hour wait for a massage appointment.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.