Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

OneWorld lounge access - frustrating response from Malaysia Airlines

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

OneWorld lounge access - frustrating response from Malaysia Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2017, 11:02 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Note that if you're connecting thru, you go to the transit area Gates A/B immigration line and not the regular line. Its usually empty.
Until you get a tour group from the Middle Kingdom and only one counter is open

But otherwise, it's usually quite empty.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 8:25 pm

Programs: Honors Diamond, Bonvoy Gold, Accor Gold, OW Emerald, SIXT Diamond
Originally Posted by SilverChris
Until you get a tour group from the Middle Kingdom and only one counter is open

But otherwise, it's usually quite empty.
not around 5am, when the India flights arrive. Made worse as the transit Immigration Counters don't have a dedicated line for Malaysians or one of those Autopass machines ....

But back to topic, whenever I'm denied access to a lounge I'm entitled to, I just say "but I always use this lounge when flying here/this route, could you please check?"

So far worked everywhere from the US to NZ. Especially those airports with 3rd Party Lounges when I would prefer a OneWorld lounge + Guest.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 8:09 am

Programs: MH-Plat OWE, HH-Diamond, SPG-Plat, MR-Plat, IHG-PlatAmb
Originally Posted by wantan
not around 5am, when the India flights arrive. Made worse as the transit Immigration Counters don't have a dedicated line for Malaysians or one of those Autopass machines ....

But back to topic, whenever I'm denied access to a lounge I'm entitled to, I just say "but I always use this lounge when flying here/this route, could you please check?"

So far worked everywhere from the US to NZ. Especially those airports with 3rd Party Lounges when I would prefer a OneWorld lounge + Guest.
As a Malaysian on an international to domestic transfer, I'd simply clear immigration and exit the airside area and re-clear security through the main departures area.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by ermen
For showers - I would actually use the CX Lounge (they use a nearby spa facilities).
CX KUL lounge has shower facilities? (Or even a third-party shower)? That's good to know!

BTW, I was reading OW's website. QR and UL at KUL uses "Plaza Premium First" - is that the same lounge as Plaza Premium Lounge as before?
Old Sep 23, 2017, 12:51 am

Programs: BA(GGL) QF LTS CX AM, Hilton Diamond, PPL(A)
Originally Posted by nov11
CX KUL lounge has shower facilities? (Or even a third-party shower)? That's good to know!

BTW, I was reading OW's website. QR and UL at KUL uses "Plaza Premium First" - is that the same lounge as Plaza Premium Lounge as before?
not sure which lounge that QR and UL use.
there is a nearby plaza premium lounge that is a paid lounge (priority pass, credit cards, and a whole bunch of other credit card holders)... gets pretty crowded at night!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.