Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MH Z class fare KUL to SIN

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2019, 5:42 pm

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by wilsnunn

Thanks for your reply. It was more of a compound question, would they allow go show as well as checking through bags as I have checked through bags before with MH.
TGG might defer to KUL for the no-show request, and KUL will be highly unlikely to do it if you’ve checked your bags through.

Your best bet would be to tag your bags up to KUL, then take it upstairs to the check-in counters where they’d be more inclined to allow go-shows. Bags tend to come out rather quickly on domestic flights, so 2hrs is plenty if you’re aiming MH607.
wilsnunn and DiamondMile like this.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 5:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by SilverChris
TGG might defer to KUL for the no-show request, and KUL will be highly unlikely to do it if you’ve checked your bags through.

Your best bet would be to tag your bags up to KUL, then take it upstairs to the check-in counters where they’d be more inclined to allow go-shows. Bags tend to come out rather quickly on domestic flights, so 2hrs is plenty if you’re aiming MH607.
Thanks @SilverChris
Old Aug 2, 2019, 8:35 pm

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
MH normally doesn't entertain go-shows.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 2:21 am

Originally Posted by quinzinho
MH normally doesn't entertain go-shows.
That is categorically false. A lot depends on your fare rules and to some extent agent helpfulness. Some stations like SIN are even more flexible when it comes to go-shows.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 2:37 am

SilverChris, any recent experience to share?
While a small sample size, posts here suggest it is less likely now, so good to hear if still possible:
Any chances for go show in KUL?
Old Aug 3, 2019, 8:13 pm

Programs: MH Gold, AC Super Elite, UA Platinum, Accor All Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite
That is categorically false. A lot depends on your fare rules and to some extent agent helpfulness. Some stations like SIN are even more flexible when it comes to go-shows.
outdated info my friend. Singapore is not entertaining it anymore.
Old Aug 4, 2019, 1:27 am

Originally Posted by quinzinho
outdated info my friend. Singapore is not entertaining it anymore.
There have been reports of denials for months but I've been having decent success at both SIN and KUL, as recently as 5 days ago. Unless you're telling me something drastic has changed in the past 4 days then let's just agree to disagree, shall we?
Old Aug 4, 2019, 9:01 am

There have been reports of denials for months but I've been having decent success at both SIN and KUL, as recently as 5 days ago. Unless you're telling me something drastic has changed in the past 4 days then let's just agree to disagree, shall we?
Interesting, how did you manage to get it honored?
Old Aug 5, 2019, 5:10 am

Before you go slinging insults at each other - your fare basis has got everything to do with it. In the last few weeks i've had 3 denials, 2 "collect 200 as you pass go". the 3 were on V, Q and S chronologically. The 2 were on H and Y.

Neither of you are wrong, (nor right, depending on how you look at it

If your denials or successes fell outside of these sorta boundaries, then something out of the ordinary happened. What IS true is that they have stopped goshowing for every fare under the sun. I have seen a document to that effect.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
Before you go slinging insults at each other - your fare basis has got everything to do with it. In the last few weeks i've had 3 denials, 2 "collect 200 as you pass go". the 3 were on V, Q and S chronologically. The 2 were on H and Y.

If your denials or successes fell outside of these sorta boundaries, then something out of the ordinary happened. What IS true is that they have stopped goshowing for every fare under the sun. I have seen a document to that effect.
Don't think anybody was about to insult anyone.

But regarding your indeed very good info: this seems to imply that with a business class ticket you should be able to go show since for the more expensive economy tickets it is supposedly honored? However... I tried on several instances when traveling in business only to be denied... So I find this very strange.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 12:27 pm

Looking at it, it seems that the more flexible tickets (H,Y) can still go-show, while the less flexible ones cannot?

Just a theory, but maybe Z-fare tickets aren’t given the same options as J/C/D tickets?

Will be great to have another datapoint if wilsnunn is able to ask for a go-show. ^
(This especially as it was noted that the ticket’s fare conditions make no reference to go-shows at all.)

Last edited by crackjack; Aug 5, 2019 at 12:34 pm
Old Aug 5, 2019, 1:10 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Accor Live Limitless Gold, Hilton Honours Gold, Avis Preferred Plus
Originally Posted by crackjack
Will be great to have another datapoint if wilsnunn is able to ask for a go-show. ^
(This especially as it was noted that the ticket’s fare conditions make no reference to go-shows at all.)
Flight isn’t until towards the end of August. Will report back with more information at the time.
crackjack and DiamondMile like this.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 2:28 pm

Programs: SQ KF GO, OZ GO, QR PC PLAT, TG ROP SL, LCAH SL, IHG SPIRE, Marriott BONVOY GO, HILTON GO
Talking

Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
Before you go slinging insults at each other - your fare basis has got everything to do with it.
In the last few weeks i've had 3 denials, 2 "collect 200 as you pass go". the 3 were on V, Q and S chronologically.
The 2 were on H and Y.
If your denials or successes fell outside of these sorta boundaries, then something out of the ordinary happened.
What IS true is that they have stopped go-showing for every fare under the sun. I have seen a document to that effect.
+1,000,000
LOL ... & I agree, similar to my experiences in Economy in the past

OP is booked in Z class though .. I've not tried to go show on Z class before

Originally Posted by wilsnunn
Current timings:
TGG-KUL MH1335; Depart: 16:05 & Arrive: 17:10
KUL-SIN MH609; Depart: 23:05 & Arrive: 00:10(+1)
Potential earlier flight (if seats available):
KUL-SIN MH607; Depart: 19:10 & Arrive: 20:25

Flight isn’t until towards the end of August. Will report back with more information at the time.
FYI - 607 is quite often delayed (more so than the other often delayed KL/SIN shuttle flights) - the airline will hold 607 for late incoming pax & there are usually quite a big no. of Mainland Chinese tour groups connecting to that last flight of the day.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 10:38 pm

Programs: HH Dia, IHG Dia Amb, MB Ti, WoH G, OWE
You can check your fare rules normally it’s under Penalty terms whether you are good for go-show on earlier flight FOC because that’s the base for agent counter and ticketing dept will refer at.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 6:02 am

I asked in TGG they said that my KUL-TGG-KUL ticket (Z) would allow it but wasn’t needed (or indeed possible as there was no earlier flight). They couldn’t tell me about the KUL-SIN flight.

Took my bags to the check-in desk at KLIA was categorically told it was not possible as I was on a Z class fare. Having had a long day I couldn’t be bothered to fight and say that surely it can’t be due to Z class as my previous ticket would have allowed it and that was Z class. Now spending an eternity in the Golden Lounge instead.

Thanks for the advice and tips here and although my experience doesn’t clear anything up, it is at least another datapoint!
crackjack likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.