Any chances for go show in KUL?

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2019, 10:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: CX MPC DM, HU FWC Gold
Any chances for go show in KUL?

HKG-KUL-SIN
I would like to travel by MH73 connecting with MH607

In 2018 I traveled in this route several times and no problem occurs.
Since 2019, I'm having trouble on booking this route due to MCT in KUL is 1hr.

Is there any chance to go-show in KUL or to rebook or reassign my flight at HKG?

(little complaint)
Due to there's no flight at 7-11 (not counting MH607), i would have to wait till 11 for MH609, and most of the port nearby (HKG, TPE, CAN) are suffering with this problem as well.
Old May 16, 2019, 12:52 am

Been having not much luck go showing lately. The last agent i got last week in SIN mentioned something about new rules recently etc etc. - maybe others recent experience are different.

As it turns out, i need to try again on Saturday (in KUL) - let's see how that goes.
Old May 16, 2019, 1:14 am

Programs: Enrich
If you have luggage check-in, they probably won't allow you to do this. It might due to the ground worker dispute last two years ago and they had to follow what has been agreed in the contract.

But if you only has a carry on you might can try. Just most of the time, SIN-KUL load is almost full (> 90% in Y), and MH definitely don't want to risk their on-time performance. My last 2-3 flights from KUL to SIN, we had to wait for connecting passenger to catch our flight even thought all remaining passengers were fully boarding 5 minutes before departure. And Changi also has the tendancy of suddenly stopping any incoming flight if they found their air space suddenly full.
Old May 16, 2019, 2:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dici
If you have luggage check-in, they probably won't allow you to do this. It might due to the ground worker dispute last two years ago and they had to follow what has been agreed in the contract.

But if you only has a carry on you might can try. Just most of the time, SIN-KUL load is almost full (> 90% in Y), and MH definitely don't want to risk their on-time performance. My last 2-3 flights from KUL to SIN, we had to wait for connecting passenger to catch our flight even thought all remaining passengers were fully boarding 5 minutes before departure. And Changi also has the tendancy of suddenly stopping any incoming flight if they found their air space suddenly full.
I'm flying in J. No luggage. Hope it can let me do this again, Golden Lounge Satellite seems quite boring to me
Old May 16, 2019, 2:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
Been having not much luck go showing lately. The last agent i got last week in SIN mentioned something about new rules recently etc etc. - maybe others recent experience are different.

As it turns out, i need to try again on Saturday (in KUL) - let's see how that goes.
Strange things is when I get off from MH73, there's ground staff holding MH607 to Singapore at the gate lol

will try it at July again
Old May 16, 2019, 2:47 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by TGflyergirl
Could be a very recent (and unwelcome) change at SIN. My last time passing flying out of SIN was 2 weeks ago and had no issues go-showing for an earlier flight...on an Avios award

KLIA has always been less flexible IME.
Old May 16, 2019, 5:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Used One to be of the real pluses of MH, especially for short hauls. Not possible since February 2019.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.