Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

MH to TG international transfer at KLIA

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MH to TG international transfer at KLIA

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2017, 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by crackjack
Isnt there also a transfer desk in the Main Terminal itself? Opposite of the Harrods store, behind the wireframe globe or the miniature airplane models, I think?

[Edit]This one:
Yes- there is also that one in the Main Terminal. Both will do the job.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 2:05 am

Programs: EY Platinum, MH Gold
I had the same connection (arriving on MH Y class from MNL, then connecting to TG J Class to BKK). Its not as easy as it sounds.

Went to the Transfer desk in the satellite terminal. Staff there only worked for MH and said that no TG ground staff had worked on that desk for about 2 years. THey had no access to the TG system. There was even a TG sign above the desk with all of the other airlines that supposedly allow transfers there.

Then went to the lounge thinking they could just check me in there; no dice. Lounge staff unable to check me in and advised me to check in at the gate even though check in would be closed by that time. Having lived in KL for over 10 years i knew that wouldnt go smoothly so absolutely insisted that someone issue me a boarding pass in the lounge. After alot of arguing they sent someone landside to get the BP for me and gave it to me in the lounge.

Not sure if it was a one off, and from the way the ground staff acted I dont think it was. If I had to do it again I would just go landside and check in at the regular counters (or OLCI if they can issue a BP online).

Last edited by jamiegutz; Feb 14, 2017 at 2:07 am Reason: add info
Old Feb 14, 2017, 10:48 am

Programs: AC, MH, BA, AF-KL
Originally Posted by jamiegutz
I had the same connection (arriving on MH Y class from MNL, then connecting to TG J Class to BKK). Its not as easy as it sounds.

Went to the Transfer desk in the satellite terminal. Staff there only worked for MH and said that no TG ground staff had worked on that desk for about 2 years. THey had no access to the TG system. There was even a TG sign above the desk with all of the other airlines that supposedly allow transfers there.

Then went to the lounge thinking they could just check me in there; no dice. Lounge staff unable to check me in and advised me to check in at the gate even though check in would be closed by that time. Having lived in KL for over 10 years i knew that wouldnt go smoothly so absolutely insisted that someone issue me a boarding pass in the lounge. After alot of arguing they sent someone landside to get the BP for me and gave it to me in the lounge.

Not sure if it was a one off, and from the way the ground staff acted I dont think it was. If I had to do it again I would just go landside and check in at the regular counters (or OLCI if they can issue a BP online).
How early were you for your TG flight? I had a friend who checked in for a TG flight at the transfer desk just fine, albeit arriving a tad early and told to come back 2 hours before departure. This was in Nov 2016.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 4:47 pm

Programs: EY Platinum, MH Gold
Originally Posted by SilverChris
How early were you for your TG flight? I had a friend who checked in for a TG flight at the transfer desk just fine, albeit arriving a tad early and told to come back 2 hours before departure. This was in Nov 2016.
Ah ... that could have been the issue then. Im fairly sure it was more than 2 hours but the ground staff didnt advise me the same as your friend. They even called through to the TG check in desk who didnt have a clue either.

Perhaps just unlucky but worth being mindful of the issue in the future. In hindsight I should have attempted the transfer at the main terminal and not the satellite part. Not too much of an inconvenience to go landside and check in as normal in that case.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 9:49 pm

Originally Posted by jamiegutz
In hindsight I should have attempted the transfer at the main terminal and not the satellite part. Not too much of an inconvenience to go landside and check in as normal in that case.
But if you go to Main Terminal you need to cross immigration right? That means having a valid visa to enter Malaysia. Am I correct?
Old Oct 5, 2017, 11:56 pm

Programs: RJ Gold, AZ E+, Air Asia Platinum
Originally Posted by flyersing
But if you go to Main Terminal you need to cross immigration right? That means having a valid visa to enter Malaysia. Am I correct?
Not nesseserely. Part of the main terminal is airside, but what the OP is referring to is going landside with clearing immigration twice and checking in at the normal desk.

Unnecessary in my opinion. In KUL you can just go to the lounge and show them the ticket/ BP and collect the BP once the transit desk opens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.