Wiki Posts
Search

Malaysia airlines business class:

Search this Thread

Old Dec 20, 2009, 1:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Miles & Bonus *G- BAEC Silver: VAFC Silver:
Malaysia airlines business class:

Hi I'm using MH for a change, in business class between LAX-TPE: TPE-KUL & KUL-LHR over the next 3 weeks, anyone used them recently!! I'm used to *A lounges etc; do MH have a lounge at LAX. What sort of service could I expect, I've pre-booked 2A on 772 flights & 7A on 744 flights.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 11:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Can't address the LAX lounge situation but the inflight product and KUL lounge (in the KLIA satellite) are top-notch. I had 2A on 772 services this summer NRT-KUL-PER, with a KUL layover, and they were terrific flights. IFE not really A-grade but food, seat, service, etc. on a world-class level.
Old Dec 21, 2009, 8:42 pm

Programs: United 1K, AA Plat Exec, DL Plat, Marriott Titanium Lifetime Elite, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist
I just flew LAX-TPE, and we were allowed to use the general business class lounge (ElAl was there too, as was Mexicana I believe) on the way out in LAX. I warn you though, even with business class tickets, the TSA line took over 1.5 hours to get thru! In TPE you can use the China Airlines lounge...Great, friendly service on those flights.
Old Dec 22, 2009, 4:24 pm

Programs: No more status...just doing my best in burning my points/miles.
Originally Posted by lfccjc1
Hi I'm using MH for a change, in business class between LAX-TPE: TPE-KUL & KUL-LHR over the next 3 weeks, anyone used them recently!! I'm used to *A lounges etc; do MH have a lounge at LAX. What sort of service could I expect, I've pre-booked 2A on 772 flights & 7A on 744 flights.
I flew them back in November.

At LAX you will receive access to the shared business class lounge. There isn't anything special, bad food, and free wifi. No showers.

When TRANSITING TPE, you do not receive access to the CI lounge. However, if you have a stopover, you do enjoy access. Even though this is the Terminal 1 lounge, the amenities are excellent. Made to order noodle soup, cold and hot food bar. Decent and a decent liquor selection. There also are showers to use and plenty of seats.

Leaving KUL, the lounge is also very good. Bathrooms and showers are a little cramped.

Some amenities:
Hot/Cold food options
Coffeebar
Free massage chairs available.
Showers
Plenty of chairs
Computer room

Onboard service is always good, attentive, and enjoyable. I'd say up to SQ standards--sometimes even better.

Seats are a standard angled lie flat. Similar to WBC. On the 777 pitch is incredible. On the 747, you just get a little less.

Recently the amenity kits changed from a nice cloth pouch, to a cheap plastic pouch. Food is good, satay very good, and their deserts were delicious. Their wines and champagne could use an upgrade.

I like row 2 on the 777, and Row 10 on the 747.
Old Dec 22, 2009, 11:24 pm

Programs: AS-MVP, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold
Originally Posted by party_boy
I flew them back in November.

I like row 2 on the 777, and Row 10 on the 747.
I concur. I spent 9 hours on the KUL-BKI-NRT flight on the 777 in row 2. I loved it. I never wanted to leave the plane. The amount of room is incredible.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 1:14 am

MH Biz Class is a great product. Food, Service, Space are all world-class standard. First class is even better. However Y class is a big bomb. Uncomfortable seats, meals come in tiny portion, unfriendly staff. If you're traveling on MH, BE SURE YOU'RE IN F or J.
Old Dec 23, 2009, 1:36 am

Programs: MH Enrich, VS FC, HH Gold, PC, SPG Gold, Marco Polo Gold, Accor Plat
I have to agree. MH J and F class were great when I travelled on it. J I usually travel SYD-KUL-LHR
SYD-KUL-NRT

In F I have only tried it on the LAX-TPE-KUL

F is in a completely different league but so is the cost!
Old Dec 26, 2009, 5:24 pm

Just flew J, KUL-BNE. Lounge at KL is large, but the food is decidedly average. Champagne downgrade at lounge and onboard. Wines also downgraded from the offerings of the past. Food much better than on previous flights. Portions and quality both excellent on this flight. Seats are angled lie-flat. As other posters have mentioned, there is plenty of room between seats so why doesn't MAS get their engineers to adjust for a full 180 recline? Service excellent as usual.
Old Dec 26, 2009, 8:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Miles & Bonus *G- BAEC Silver: VAFC Silver:
Thanks

Hi Thanks for all the replies, i'll make sure I check-in early at LAX with delays at TSA. Used UA First (New Product) LHR-IAD if anyone wants any info, pretty good 100% improvement on old layout.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 9:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by Jon X-Pacific
MH Biz Class is a great product. Food, Service, Space are all world-class standard. First class is even better. However Y class is a big bomb. Uncomfortable seats, meals come in tiny portion, unfriendly staff. If you're traveling on MH, BE SURE YOU'RE IN F or J.
Actually for the price, MH's economy class is quite a bargain. I flew them from ARN to KUL to BKK and back. The 747 was yes a tad old, but the crew tried their best and the service was fine.

Regionally, yes they cannot be beat by their competitors TG and SQ with their 737s. But on today's flight between KUL and BKK, it was quite good. Flight time was 2 hours, and though I had a window seat, I did not feel too cramped in.

The meals offered either friend noodles or chicken satay with fried rice. WoW. What airline last served you satay in coach? Ok the portions were small, but it was adequate and the satay was yummy. Crew then came round with Baskin and Robbins icecream just as I was finishing my hot meal. And in all too soon a time, it was time to land in BKK.

True, their business or first class products are hard to beat, but when one is on a budget, take a look at MH fares first before comparing them with regional LCCs.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 10:17 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
What airline last served you satay in coach?
KLM : CGK-KUL on a proper tray unlike MH with the McDonald's styled box

MH : And lets not confuse those fried rice with "satay" in Econ with the real stuff in First & Business Class.
Old Dec 29, 2009, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy

True, their business or first class products are hard to beat, but when one is on a budget, take a look at MH fares first before comparing them with regional LCCs.
Admittedly, I've only flown MH once regionally and maybe an anomaly, but the plane I was on was far inferior to an air asia plane. It was an ancient 737, complete with a 1970's style multi-colored seats. Service was pretty standard, but I did get a bit of a shock seeing such an old interior.

I flew them in Y from KUL to BKK. The price was about 10 USD more than AirAsia/Tiger
Old Dec 30, 2009, 8:35 am
Suspended

It was an ancient 737, complete with a 1970's style multi-colored seats. Service was pretty standard, but I did get a bit of a shock seeing such an old interior.
Actually the multi-coloured seats were part of the cabin refurbishment about a year plus ago, yes they are new seat covers !

Apparently the colour scheme is the "brainchild" of the former CEO, whose other "brilliant" ideas included "frozen" sandwich (now discontinued), McDonald's styled box for meals etc etc
Old Dec 30, 2009, 11:15 pm

Originally Posted by mario33
Actually the multi-coloured seats were part of the cabin refurbishment about a year plus ago, yes they are new seat covers !

Apparently the colour scheme is the "brainchild" of the former CEO, whose other "brilliant" ideas included "frozen" sandwich (now discontinued), McDonald's styled box for meals etc etc
Even if they were "new" they were still dirty and looked old.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 6:09 am
Suspended

Even if they were "new" they were still dirty and looked old.
.. and UGLY

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.