Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Malaysia airlines business class:

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2013, 9:54 pm

KUL - SYD on A330

anyone know if the biz seats on KUL - SYD route is the recliner or the 171 degree almost horizontal seats?
Old Aug 7, 2013, 2:34 am

Programs: MH-Plat OWE, HH-Diamond, SPG-Plat, MR-Plat, IHG-PlatAmb
It will be the angled lie-flat seats. Hope that helps.
Old Aug 7, 2013, 5:10 pm

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Just flew 2 regional segments with the brand new and shiny A330.

Quite nice experience altogether.

Seat a bit hard but ok. Hard to get in the position you want. IFE quite nice. Some movies can be shown in either 4:3 or 16:9. Only need to click on the 16:9 button.

Food nice. Good wine selection. Crew cheery on both occasions.

NB: stewards had new uniform. Grey suits instead of the coloured trousers and jacket. They do not convey any message. Crew I spoke with said they were not comfortable,
Old Aug 8, 2013, 12:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by carnarvon
Just flew 2 regional segments with the brand new and shiny A330.

Quite nice experience altogether.

Seat a bit hard but ok. Hard to get in the position you want. IFE quite nice. Some movies can be shown in either 4:3 or 16:9. Only need to click on the 16:9 button.

Food nice. Good wine selection. Crew cheery on both occasions.

NB: stewards had new uniform. Grey suits instead of the coloured trousers and jacket. They do not convey any message. Crew I spoke with said they were not comfortable,
No, we need Jean Paul Gaultier to design the uniforms !
Old Aug 8, 2013, 4:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Originally Posted by corrad
anyone know if the biz seats on KUL - SYD route is the recliner or the 171 degree almost horizontal seats?
The angled seats on the A339 fom SYD to KL last week are terrible. So hard and i could not get comfy in any position.
Old Aug 14, 2013, 3:09 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, 3MM; Marriott Gold; Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite
Earliest Check In Time in Sydney

I will be flying in business from SYD to KUL in November. I am wondering what the earliest time is that I can check in at the SYD airport as I will be getting off a cruise ship mid morning and my flight isn't until 3:30 pm
Old Aug 15, 2013, 1:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PANK KP
I will be flying in business from SYD to KUL in November. I am wondering what the earliest time is that I can check in at the SYD airport as I will be getting off a cruise ship mid morning and my flight isn't until 3:30 pm
At the moment there is only 2 Malaysia Airlines flights a day from Sydney. I just caught the 9.50 pm one and the MH check in staff only turned up just over 3 hours prior to departure. Everyone was waiting around.

No idea if you can check in with any other airline due to status etc.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 1:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Annalisa12
The angled seats on the A339 fom SYD to KL last week are terrible. So hard and i could not get comfy in any position.
On the flight home the seats seemed to be slightly more comfortable to sleep on. I'd give it a 5 out of 10.
Old Aug 15, 2013, 8:22 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, 3MM; Marriott Gold; Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by Annalisa12
At the moment there is only 2 Malaysia Airlines flights a day from Sydney. I just caught the 9.50 pm one and the MH check in staff only turned up just over 3 hours prior to departure. Everyone was waiting around.

No idea if you can check in with any other airline due to status etc.
Thanks, Annalisa12. Being able to check in 3 hours prior won't be too much of a wait. Too bad there aren't Premium Check In facilities for certain airlines like they have in Singapore.
Old Aug 16, 2013, 5:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by PANK KP
Thanks, Annalisa12. Being able to check in 3 hours prior won't be too much of a wait. Too bad there aren't Premium Check In facilities for certain airlines like they have in Singapore.
Its not up to airline but rather up to SYD airport.
Old Jan 10, 2014, 11:10 pm
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Do they hand out those seat wedge things in Business on the A330-300’s that “convert” the seat from sloped to full-flat? Like they do on the B777..

Last edited by NoY; Jan 11, 2014 at 12:54 am
Old Jan 11, 2014, 12:58 am

Programs: FB Plat for Life, UAMP, BAEC, Accor ALL Platinum, Marriott silver, Hilton, Meliá silver.
Originally Posted by NoY
Do they hand out those seat wedge things in Business on the A330-300’s that “convert” the seat from sloped to full-flat? Like they do on the B777..
What's that? Never heard of any easy way to convert a sloped seat into a flar one.

Do you have pictures? Can you direct to a webpage?
Old Jan 11, 2014, 4:10 am
NoY

Programs: SQ *Gold, BA, QR, EY, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
What's that? Never heard of any easy way to convert a sloped seat into a flar one.

Do you have pictures? Can you direct to a webpage?
No & no!

Its a wedge shaped thing that pushes down against the foot rest & creates a flat-ish sleeping surface. Original to say the least
Old Jan 11, 2014, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by NoY
No & no!

Its a wedge shaped thing that pushes down against the foot rest & creates a flat-ish sleeping surface. Original to say the least
Can picture it somehow.

Nothing was offered on the A330, neither on KUL/SYD nor on MEL/KUL.

Seat is hard. Service was good. Chef on call food is superb.

Last edited by carnarvon; Jan 12, 2014 at 12:55 am
Old Jan 11, 2014, 10:01 pm
NoY

Can picture it somehow.

Noting was offered on the A330, neither on KUL/SYD nor on MEL/KUL.

Seat is hard. Service was good. Chef on call food is superb.
Good to hear about the service & food. We have one overnight sector & a day sector on the A330 on a couple of months & wanted to know how widespread the “wedge” is.

No one has further insight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.