Community
Wiki Posts
Search

RC Battery Park

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2009, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

RC Battery Park

Any recent stays here? I'm considering it for a weekend with the wife in September - weekend club level rates seem to be a steal at about 380 per night all-in (assuming the club is good). Location is convenient for events we will be attending in the evenings. Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 7:40 pm
CMV

Programs: BA Gold, Delta Gold, UA Gold
I have had a number of very enjoyable stays on the club level over the past two years, although the most recent was sometime in the second half of last year. The club food is quite good -- although I usually only made it for breakfast and desserts owing to my work schedule -- and the service was friendly and attentive. Also, a plus for me during the week, the club was never very busy or loud, so I was able to get work done. I also thoroughly enjoy the candies in big glass jars at the entrance to the club as you get to be a kid in a (free) candy store.

So the RCBP gets my endorsement, especially at the weekend rates, but bear in mind the caveats above.
Old Jul 13, 2009, 10:50 pm

Programs: MS AMEX PLAT- Marriott Titanium-HH G- UA Silver-JPM RC . DL-AA-BA
No recent stays to report on but we were there about 2 years ago and had a decent stay. As I recall there was mix up on our room preference that got taken care of. The club lounge was nice and we had a telescope in our room to look at the statue of liberty and ships in the harbor.
There was a skyscraper museum in an adjoining building that looked interesting but was closed when we were there. There is also a jewish heritage museum across the street that was worth a visit.
If the location is good for you I would go for it. The hotel is close to the red and green line for a trip to midtown and cab ride from there is not bad either.
There was a recent discussion about the hotel much of which pertained to the closing of rise which was a nice bar on an upper floor with a great view.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxur...tery-park.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.