Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Ritz Carlton Battery Park, NYC

Old Jun 24, 2009, 8:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Gold, Hyatt Globalist

I am staying on a Saturday Night with their Bed and Breakfast package that includes Valet Parking and Full American Breakfast in their restaurant. Can anyone confirm if in fact that would entitle my wife and I to their Sunday Brunch which runs from 9A-2P? The website does not show any breakfast hours on Sunday morning. If anyone has booked this package on a weekend and can provde feedback, that would be great.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 6:29 am

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
I cannot confirm to the level of specifity you are asking (RCBP, Sunday brunch + on that specific package), but anytime Ive had breakfast included at an RC or FS on a Sunday they have included the brunch. I always call ahead though to make sure.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 6:52 am

Programs: AA,BNV,HIL
Just a note - Rise, the hotel bar with the magnificent view of the harbor is closed except for private functions as of my visit there last week. What a shame, it was awesome, especially at night. If you find differently, please post!!
Old Jun 25, 2009, 6:58 am

Rise

Originally Posted by 7Continents
Just a note - Rise, the hotel bar with the magnificent view of the harbor is closed except for private functions as of my visit there last week. What a shame, it was awesome, especially at night. If you find differently, please post!!
That is tragic! Rise was the only thing that ever endeared me to this hotel. I loved their speciality 'stacks' of canapes. Will it re-open or has the Wall Street downturn finished it off?
Old Jun 25, 2009, 7:08 am
Original Poster

yeah, after looking at their website, they make no mention of Rise which was a great place to grab a drink pre-dinner. I wonder why they closed it down for the public....
Old Jun 25, 2009, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by 7Continents
Wow, what a shame. It is off the web site too. The downturn hasnt left many entire properties as casualties on the field has it? Just the FS in the Bahamas? But we seem to be losing some of the public venues and little extras. The main restaurant at the FS Boston comes to mind, the caviar service at the RCCPS, now Rise Bar and a few others that are escaping my memory now.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 9:01 am
Original Poster

I just called the RCBP and the reservationist said it comes with a Full American Breakfast and not the buffet. That being said, I can tell she was just reading what the Bed & Breakfast package includes from a sheet of a paper not helping me much. Maybe I will call back later today and ask to speak to a supervisor to try and confirm.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 9:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

DrivingRain, RC bachelor gulch shut down completely for 1 month. unpaid leave for all employees.
Old Jun 25, 2009, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
DrivingRain, RC bachelor gulch shut down completely for 1 month. unpaid leave for all employees.
Right, thanks.

These sorts of things might be worthy of their own thread.
Old Jun 29, 2009, 12:01 pm

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
That is tragic! Rise was the only thing that ever endeared me to this hotel. I loved their speciality 'stacks' of canapes. Will it re-open or has the Wall Street downturn finished it off?
I believe that there is another bar on the first level, that in my experience is a bit more social. While I know that they are hurting now as more banks dont allow their people to stay at the Ritz, it has historically been a nice choice downtown, though nowhere near the level of RC CPS.
Old Jul 5, 2009, 1:49 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum, Hilton Gold, Delta Diamond, Hertz Presidents, AA Gold
Just called the hotel and confirmed that Rise is closed and only available for private parties. Too bad. Was a great place for a drink....
Old Jul 5, 2009, 8:57 pm

Programs: MS AMEX PLAT- Marriott Titanium-HH G- UA Silver-JPM RC . DL-AA-BA
Sometimes when management makes a decision they fail to see the big picture. Even if Rise failed to make a profit I wonder how many guests saw it as a selling point when selecting a hotel. I will probably be less likely to stay at RCBP in the future
Old Jul 5, 2009, 10:37 pm

I stayed there last week and was extremely pleased with everything. The views are great. It was nice to be able to just walk down to the Statue of Liberty/Ellis Island ferry. There are some very attractive rates for this property right now.
Old Jul 6, 2009, 6:52 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL Plat, Marriott Bonvoy LIfetime Titanium/SPG refugee, Hertz Prez, Amtrak Select
Originally Posted by m.photog
Sometimes when management makes a decision they fail to see the big picture. Even if Rise failed to make a profit I wonder how many guests saw it as a selling point when selecting a hotel. I will probably be less likely to stay at RCBP in the future
Agreed--Rise was a primary reason I liked this property. They even had a dessert wine that they'd bring up from the restaurant for me because it wasn't on the Rise drink menu. Nice service. Even if eating downtown (e.g. Del Posto) but not staying at the RC, I'd still go there for a drink--and introduce others to it.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 12:08 pm

My recent stay here was quite good. Got upgraded without asking into an 09 series suite which is cornered with a long hallway; a nice change from the standard french door separation style suites at most RC/FS. And it was spotless. Besides the usual 1.5 baths in RC suites, most notable about the room/decor was a nicely crafted banquette sofa in the living room.

At $295/night with With the Centurion benefits that add up to $150 off of F&B plus a free breakfast, this particular stay was among the best values I have had in quite some time. My main caveat, of course, is that the location is not an ideal one for tourists even if the Statue boats are right next door. I'd much prefer any other location in the city beneath Central Park than this one. But if the location suits your trip, then the RC BP seems to be a no-brainer even without the suite upgrade.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.