Reload this Page >

best hotel in Hong Kong

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

best hotel in Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2017, 12:04 pm

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Originally Posted by mike_la_jolla
I'm at Upper House now. The answer is 'no'.
Thanks Mike. Too bad I think I will continue to give this hotel a miss. My regular is now the Landmark Mandarin and am very happy there.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 5:52 am

For those considering Spa treatments in HK, Oriental Spa at LMO starting February 2017 onwards only offers Dior Beauty, Natura Bissé and Aromatherapy Associates... also many holistic treatments simply gone. Menu very obscure with a focus on their Time Rituals and 'Beauty'. HK is an interesting market.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 9:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by scented
For those considering Spa treatments in HK, Oriental Spa at LMO starting February 2017 onwards only offers Dior Beauty, Natura Bissé and Aromatherapy Associates... also many holistic treatments simply gone. Menu very obscure with a focus on their Time Rituals and 'Beauty'. HK is an interesting market.
In light of your user name, I'm guessing that you are well versed in this area. Are the products you mentioned bad? What effects would
Old Jan 22, 2017, 4:14 pm

Originally Posted by moondog
In light of your user name, I'm guessing that you are well versed in this area. Are the products you mentioned bad? What effects would
Just pointing out that they completely changed the menu, possibly due to new spa manager? This spa has been praised by many here before, including myself, so that's a new development and should be taken into consideration.
Old Jan 22, 2017, 6:58 pm

Programs: QF CL
I really like the flexibility of the Time Rituals concept. I just tell them what I want without regard to the menu!

Old Jan 22, 2017, 8:18 pm
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Originally Posted by Baghoarder
I really like the flexibility of the Time Rituals concept. I just tell them what I want without regard to the menu!

Pity about LMO

I like the MOHK spa & time rituals .

They use " Aromatherapy Associates range for both body and facial treatments . Also use Eve Lom , Elemental Herbology and Environ products " ..
Old Jan 23, 2017, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by FlyerEC
Pity about LMO

I like the MOHK spa & time rituals .

They use " Aromatherapy Associates range for both body and facial treatments . Also use Eve Lom , Elemental Herbology and Environ products " ..
Seems Eve Lom, Elemental Herbology and Environ is not available currently. Just inquired. Nothing chemical-free right now.

Dear Mr. Scented,

Thank you for your email.

Kindly to inform you that we now have two types of facials provided at our spa: One is from Aromatherapy Associates and the other one is from Natura Bissé.

If we do have any chemical-free options in the future, we are delighted to inform you accordingly.

Should you have any further enquiry, please do not hesitate to contact us via this email or at 2132 0011.

Thank you very much.

Warm regards,

(...)
Spa Concierge
The Oriental Spa
Maybe Vuittons knows more?
Old Jan 23, 2017, 4:27 am
Aman 10+ BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Programs: TPPS, UA, EK ...; Marriott BONVOY , HH, GP, GC..
Seems Eve Lom, Elemental Herbology and Environ is not available currently. Just inquired. Nothing chemical-free right now.

Strange , was there not even a month ago .
Seems one of the organic brands they used on me then was Bloom from Australia .

Twice for my " usual " time rituals
( & supposed to be there now but had to abort trip & spa )

That is what they replied me before I posted too !

Last edited by FlyerEC; Jan 24, 2017 at 6:58 am Reason: Add information
Old Jan 25, 2017, 8:47 am

I don't think that MO's head of Spa, Jeremy McCarthy gets 'chemical-free'. He joined in 2014 and, like his predecessor, is somewhat conventional. Also, the local HK market doesn't get it either and this tends to be the market that HK hotels pander to, rather than international guests.

And....the previous GM at LMO was passionate about chemical-free, whereas the current one probably doesn't get it.

The same has happened at FS HK - they used to have The Organic Pharmacy, but no longer offer chem-free.

Philistines, IMHO.
Old Jan 25, 2017, 10:05 am

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
I don't think that MO's head of Spa, Jeremy McCarthy gets 'chemical-free'. He joined in 2014 and, like his predecessor, is somewhat conventional. Also, the local HK market doesn't get it either and this tends to be the market that HK hotels pander to, rather than international guests.

And....the previous GM at LMO was passionate about chemical-free, whereas the current one probably doesn't get it.

The same has happened at FS HK - they used to have The Organic Pharmacy, but no longer offer chem-free.

Philistines, IMHO.
Thank you for this -- pity about HK spas.
Old Jan 26, 2017, 12:42 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
The rooms offer Sodashi amenities though...
Old Feb 25, 2017, 8:35 am

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
The hotel badly needs a refurbish, but there's no denying it currently has the best views in Hong Kong (interesting to see views from the upcoming Rosewood).

The Presidential Suite might be one of the swankiest around though. That bathroom and outdoor terrace are something else.

For the curious, I did a little video around in when I last did a site tour in December 2016. I've skipped some of the more boring parts of the suite (gym, meeting room, dining room etc) and stuck to the "WOW" bits.

Enjoy the video!
SanDiego1K likes this.

Last edited by chinmoylad; Feb 26, 2017 at 5:35 am
Old Feb 26, 2017, 4:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Not so much after the views and they are not that much value for me but the suite is indeed a special one
Old Feb 26, 2017, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeMandarin Oriental Contributor Badge

Location: Seat 1A, Juice pretty much everywhere, Mucci des Coins Exotiques
FYI the IC was bought for nearly a billion US in 2015 and the new owner pledged to refurbish the hotel. That refurbishment is now scheduled for Q2/2018.
Old Feb 26, 2017, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by stimpy
FYI the IC was bought for nearly a billion US in 2015 and the new owner pledged to refurbish the hotel. That refurbishment is now scheduled for Q2/2018.
About 5 years too late, really. Badly needed.

The signature suites and some of the upper level suites (Deluxe Suite onwards?) are well maintained though - not sure if they've had a more recent refurbish or just better upkeep. I stayed at the Executive Suite about 4-5 (?) years ago and, much like the rest of the hotel, it needed refurbishment then.

Edit: they may have sold it off too early judging by how the housing market is headed!

Last edited by chinmoylad; Feb 26, 2017 at 5:36 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.