Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Seasons Punta Mita firstimer questions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2007, 3:40 pm
Original Poster

Four Seasons Punta Mita firstimer questions

Hi, IŽll be at the Four Seasons next month and have a couple of questions for those of you who have stayed there, since this will be my first time.
Do you have to tip or are tips included?? I see they are charging 10% for service charge.
Is any of the restaurants a must there or is it better to have dinner in town?
I saw at the website they have a lazy river, do they provide tubes to get in? Free or rent?
Thanks, looking forward for any suggestions.
Old Aug 27, 2007, 4:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=587520
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=644226

those should help, have a great stay!

do they provide tubes...Free...?
i would have to imagine so.
Old Aug 27, 2007, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Thanks

Thanks Kagehitokiri for the links
Old Aug 27, 2007, 7:41 pm
Aman Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sunnyside
Hi, IŽll be at the Four Seasons next month and have a couple of questions for those of you who have stayed there, since this will be my first time.
Do you have to tip or are tips included?? I see they are charging 10% for service charge.
Is any of the restaurants a must there or is it better to have dinner in town?
I saw at the website they have a lazy river, do they provide tubes to get in? Free or rent?
Thanks, looking forward for any suggestions.

Just back from FS Punta Mita last week. Yes, the tubes are free. Tips are not expected at all. In fact, I tried to tip a few times and was told that it was not necessary. Never had anyone refuse a tip before. When we were there, we did not eat outside the resort and found that for dinner, both Aramara and Bahia were wonderful.
Old Aug 30, 2007, 1:27 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond
Just left the hotel yesterday. Agree with the previous post in that there is no need to leave the hotel to go into town as it is quite far away. Also, given the 3 choices to eat and the fact that you can pretty much make up a dish for them and they will make it, you can eat whatever you want. I have a description of my stay under the trip reports section which I posted one day. I also agree with the tipping comment earlier. In fact, my girlfriend and I had a private cooking class with a chef from the restaurant who refused a tip. However, given all of the work which went into our lesson from him and his staff we left a tip and a thank you letter with the concierge to be delivered.

A few suggestions:
Depending on your shape, some of the buildings are rather far away from everything and can be somewhat of a hike.
If you booked a garden/ocean view room, ask to be on the third floor of the building. This is technically the premium ocean view, but I found that they will more easily accomodate this request and it is a very nice view.
If you like hammocks, they are on the beach on the left of the rock only.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.