Lux hotel within 3hrs of Paris

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2007, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://www.centurionthemagazine.com/...e-bordeaux.pdf
Old Sep 20, 2007, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
Very interesting article on what sounds like a fabulous festival! I still haven't decided on where we will go for one or two nights outside Paris since I've been working on my solo trip to Thailand and Luang Prabang in Dec.
Old Sep 22, 2007, 9:00 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Chteau Les Crayres is soooooo neat. Besides the champagne tastings and tours, there is also the town of Reims close by for dinners, shopping, cathedral tour, etc. I highly recommend it and at only 1.5 hrs. from Paris by car it seems to fit perfectly with your requirements. We rented a Mercedes from Sixt in Paris and easily drove ourselves but the train is another option. The grounds are lovely, the food is fab...
Old Sep 22, 2007, 9:41 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM
Thanks Ericka and I'm still considering it. We would probably just take the new TGV service(45min?) and have them pick us up at the station if we do go. Do you think it warrants a two night stay? We would want to try someplace else for dinner the 2nd night, however.
Old Sep 25, 2007, 10:47 am

Pick your pleasure from this chain just one step below Relais & Chateau

http://www.grandesetapes.com/chateau.../indexhome.php

le Choiseul was walking distance to town of Amboise and the Chateau Amboise
Old Nov 10, 2007, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jac747
Just another recommendation for Chateau les Crayeres which is where we ended up booking for a one night "Gourmet Stay" that included a tasting menu. We took the TGV and then were able to walk to 3 champagne houses for tours and used a taxi to get back into town to see the cathedral. Fantastic food and we loved the Pommery tour and tasting.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.