Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Tokyo Luxury Hotels (consolidated thread -- older thread, now closed)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Tokyo Luxury Hotels (consolidated thread -- older thread, now closed)

Search this Thread

Old Oct 28, 2017, 6:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Aman Halloween tea set

Their pastry chef must be one of the most talented and creative in all of Tokyo. This Halloween afternoon set just blew us away. Handcrafted, delicious and meticulously presented. You can still order their normal fashion set as well.

4900 yen pp.
Enjoy the photos...

Old Oct 29, 2017, 4:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Set looks nice but to be honest I have seen equal things on private parties before.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 4:22 pm

^ Only in Japan.
Old Oct 29, 2017, 5:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MikeFromTokyo
^ Only in Japan.
The proliferation of Halloween is really becoming something. Almost everywhere seems to be putting out Halloween themed sets.

Originally Posted by offerendum
Set looks nice but to be honest I have seen equal things on private parties before.
True but just an example of the craftsmanship put out by Aman Tokyo.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 5:16 am

Originally Posted by Aventine
The proliferation of Halloween is really becoming something. Almost everywhere seems to be putting out Halloween themed sets.

True but just an example of the craftsmanship put out by Aman Tokyo.
I’m impressed even though I don’t really have a sweet tooth. It’s one thing to make Halloween themed pastries, but it’s another thing for them to actually taste good and to be complete with the little facial expressions etc... I love it.

What is the “blood” colored tea/drink, and what is that with the crosses dripping in “blood”?

The ghost cookie is my favorite!

Last edited by MikeFromTokyo; Oct 30, 2017 at 5:22 am
Old Oct 30, 2017, 8:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I’m impressed even though I don’t really have a sweet tooth. It’s one thing to make Halloween themed pastries, but it’s another thing for them to actually taste good and to be complete with the little facial expressions etc... I love it.

What is the “blood” colored tea/drink, and what is that with the crosses dripping in “blood”?

The ghost cookie is my favorite!
It's an apple jelly shot, honey sauce and a chocolate cross. The "blood tea" is a Strawberry fields selection from their flavored tea menu. Their seasonal Autumn Poire and Herbal Orange blends were also good. You can't go wrong with any of the Aman teas, really.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 9:04 pm

It's an apple jelly shot, honey sauce and a chocolate cross. The "blood tea" is a Strawberry fields selection from their flavored tea menu. Their seasonal Autumn Poire and Herbal Orange blends were also good. You can't go wrong with any of the Aman teas, really.
Sounds delicious. By the way, which of the standard, i.e. non suite categories is best? Is it fine to just book a base level room, or is it worth going any higher?
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sounds delicious. By the way, which of the standard, i.e. non suite categories is best? Is it fine to just book a base level room, or is it worth going any higher?
It's like your RC. I don't think they really have a bad room in the house.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold
The base room is gynormous by base room standards. I can't imagine needing any more.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 11:42 am

It's like your RC. I don't think they really have a bad room in the house.
Originally Posted by hailstorm
The base room is gynormous by base room standards. I can't imagine needing any more.
Thanks. I’ll definitely book base. More than enough for single occupancy, and as a long time past last local resident, any view difference is not that valuable to me.

Do they ever have any promotions under “exclusives?” Otherwise, I’ll just have to pay the going rate of ¥100,000 per night. I’ve finally decided I’m interested in experiencing those rooms and that swimming pool.

Does the base room have the furo by the window? That is one design aspect that I would like to have.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks. I’ll definitely book base. More than enough for single occupancy, and as a long time past last local resident, any view difference is not that valuable to me.

Do they ever have any promotions under “exclusives?” Otherwise, I’ll just have to pay the going rate of ¥100,000 per night. I’ve finally decided I’m interested in experiencing those rooms and that swimming pool.

Does the base room have the furo by the window? That is one design aspect that I would like to have.
Depends when you're going but it can be under 100,000 yen sometimes. Book through an agent that can get you breakfast and a good rate? Their Japanese breakfast is one of the best in the city. I know you're a long timer but still worth a try .

The furo is the centerpiece of the bathroom for every room. I think they all have it done with the tall windows.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hyatt Discoverist, SEIBU PRINCE CLUB Silver, Marriott Gold

There was indeed a window view, though I preferred the spa soaking facilities.

Also booked through Virtuoso to get breakfast and $100 F/B credit (no upgrade though)

The pool is absolutely a must to experience, especially at night.

Last edited by hailstorm; Oct 31, 2017 at 5:29 pm
Old Oct 31, 2017, 4:53 pm

Yes, I suppose Virtuoso is the way to go. No sense leaving breakfast and $100 cash on the table.

It’s even got a cigar lounge, so I’m sure I’ll be very happy there!
Old Oct 31, 2017, 9:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, I suppose Virtuoso is the way to go. No sense leaving breakfast and $100 cash on the table.

It’s even got a cigar lounge, so I’m sure I’ll be very happy there!
It's probably the only Tokyo hotel that one would never want for options to do in-house.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 12:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Alaska MVP Gold 75k, Marriott Platinum
Park Hyatt vs Prince Gallery Tokyo

Quick question for anyone that's stayed at both hotels: is the Park Hyatt worth the premium over the Prince Gallery Tokyo? I'll be in Tokyo for four nights in November, and the Park Hyatt is ~$250 per night more than the Prince Gallery.

I've been to the Park Hyatt in the past, and I had a phenomenal stay. Of course, I agree with others on FT that the 90's retro office look is not exactly inspiring.

Consensus in the master thread is that the Prince Gallery is a phenomenal hotel, but is it in the same league as the Park Hyatt? I'm not particularly concerned about on-site dining or club access as I plan to do my eating outside of the hotel. I am a SPG Platinum for what it's worth with no status in Hyatt.

I also remember the Park Hyatt being a bit of a hike from Shinjuku station. Is the Prince better located for exploring the city? Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.