Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Virtuoso Question

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2007, 12:50 am
Original Poster

Virtuoso Question

I'm now unable to book our January '08 vacation to Hawaii with Plat Amex FHR. Apparently, the '08 FHR deals so not become available until September at the earliest.

Is it possible to book now for Jan '08 with Virtuoso and get amenities?
Old Jul 21, 2007, 7:09 am

I booked our Paris trip in March (which is not until end of November) through Virtuoso with amenities.

Hope this helps.
Old Jul 21, 2007, 7:20 am
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
Yes, it is possible for a Virtuoso TA to book this now, lock in the reservations, and get the amenities for you.

One of the differences between AMEX FHR and Virtuoso is that AMEX agents can only book what's in their GDS. If it's not loaded, they can't book it. A Virtuoso agent can book through a GDS, but s/he can also call the Sales Manager of a property and work things out. The other difference is that I have sometimes been able to get Virtuoso amenities applied at a promotional rate, something that AMEX could never be able to do.

Last edited by DavidO; Jul 21, 2007 at 7:21 am Reason: added information

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.