Wiki Posts
Search

Tokyo and HKG hotels adivce

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9, 2007, 10:54 am
Original Poster

Tokyo and HKG hotels adivce

Hi there,
I need some infomation from you guys...I will be taking a trip to Tokyo and HK this coming January and would like to get some recomendation where to stay w/o spenindg too much money...my aim is t stay under 300/night for a room since ill be staying 5-7 night in each place. Any suggestions are wellcome

Thank you in advance
AD
Old Jul 9, 2007, 12:18 pm

Programs: Virgin FC, Qantas, Golden Circle, Sofitel, Hyatt, Starwood, Nectar, and my Tesco Club Card
Are we talking $300 USD here?

If so I think you will struggle in the luxury category in both cities at those rates.

For Hong Kong you may just get the Kowloon Shangri La (not the Island Shangri La which I'm almost sure will be well over budget) which is a very solid 5* hotel just one notch down from the top notch properties. Very big and well designed Harbour View rooms, but again these might be outside your price range. I've stayed here a few times and I think its excellent. In fact I had a better stay here than I did at the MO - but that was about 7 years ago.

You might also get the JW Marriott on Hong Kong island - the sort of hotel that in any city outside Asia would be one of the Cities' top hotels but in Hong Kong its an average 5*. I believe this property is often available on Priceline.
Old Jul 9, 2007, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

FS Marunouchi is usually $485, but 4th night free makes it $365. the promo currently ends in Aug, but you could try waiting to see if they extend it. not sure how common/uncommon that would be.

Grand Hyatt Tokyo ~$355

Kowloon Shangri-La ~$340
Langham Hong Kong ~$315 (Virtuoso)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jul 9, 2007 at 12:36 pm
Old Jul 9, 2007, 1:34 pm

Stayed at the refurbished MO last month and the rooms are certainly an improvement although still small. I would still go with FS in HK even if the location is not as good as MO.
Old Jul 9, 2007, 2:36 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
The Virtuoso rates at the Langham in HKG go down in January. The 2007 rates were 2200 HKD (about $281) and included upgrade on arrival, welcome drinks, complimentary buffet breakfast, 25% off F&B in the hotel, 12 noon early check-in and 4 p.m. late check-out.

I will be staying at the Langham for three nights in October (I'm doing site inspections in Hong Kong, Thailand, and Siem Reap.
Old Jul 9, 2007, 2:47 pm

Programs: Virtuoso, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club, Dorchester Diamond Club, Travel Leaders
The Park Hyatt in Tokyo doesn't have its 2008 Virtuoso rates posted yet, but that's a possibility for there.
Old Jul 9, 2007, 7:55 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DavidO
The Park Hyatt in Tokyo doesn't have its 2008 Virtuoso rates posted yet, but that's a possibility for there.
You can get the PHT for under $300 a night? Since there is 15% service and tax added, that means something like a $260 room rate or about Y32,000 for the room at current exchange rates. I'm impressed if that's the case even for the lowest category room, is it?
Old Jul 9, 2007, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

service and tax is included in the rate?
Old Jul 9, 2007, 10:04 pm

As the 2008 Virtuoso rates have not been posted on v.net, I can't say for sure what they will be. For now, the best Jan. 2008 rate I see is <52000 JPY which is way above the price point the OP wants.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 10:31 am

Programs: UA MM, Hyatt Diamond
Century Hyatt Tokyo

There are three Hyatts in Tokyo. The cheapest, by far, is the Century Hyatt. Jan 08 rates for the cheapest rooms are running about $220 USD per night.

The hotel is in a great location, 10 minute walk (or 5 minute hotel shuttle) to Shinjuku station.

As a Hyatt Diamond we had Regency Club access, which was superb (newly redone, great food and beverage service). Many of the rooms (perhaps all by now) have also just been renovated.

The rooms are very large by Tokyo standards.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 10:45 am

Programs: AA-EXP & 1MM+, AS, MR-LTT, HH Gold
Would recommend:
In Tokyo, the Okura

In Hong Kong, MO, FS, Shangri-La HK Island (not the one in Kowloon)
Old Jul 10, 2007, 10:58 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Delta Skymiles Platinum
In Hong Kong try the Marco Polo Hong Kong Hotel. 4 star hotel, not as deluxe as some of the others mentioned here, the rooms are large and comfortable.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 11:09 am
Original Poster

thank you everybody for the responses.......how is the Excelsior by MO in HKG...it seems to have much lower rates thatn the landmark and the original MO......

anybody has any comments about Hayatt Regency Kyoto? ill be visiting there also

another thing that I was thinkging is that I might be trying to reserve the hotels too early being that the trip will start Jan 05, 2008

thank you again
Originally Posted by allset2travel
Would recommend:
In Tokyo, the Okura

In Hong Kong, MO, FS, Shangri-La HK Island (not the one in Kowloon)
Old Jul 10, 2007, 1:07 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by divjan
anybody has any comments about Hayatt Regency Kyoto? ill be visiting there also
There's been a couple of discussions of this hotel in the Hyatt forum. Check over there.
Old Jul 10, 2007, 3:16 pm

I would think you could get into the Grand Hyatt Tokyo for under $300, I certainly did last Feb.....booked direct on the hotel website

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.