Search

Concierge's fees at Il San Pietro

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2007, 12:31 pm
BLV
Original Poster

Concierge's fees at Il San Pietro

"Please note that all major credit cards are accepted to pay the hotel
bill but only cash or travellers cheques are accepted to pay concierge bill charges such as concert tickets, excursions, watertaxis, boat hire ect.
"

This is the first time I'm encountering a "concierge bill". Since they've already made restaurant reservations for me for 3 different places, arranged for airport pick up and most likely will arrange for a car around Amalfi & boat rides on more than one day, what am I looking at, approximately?
Old Jul 18, 2007, 1:00 pm

I presume they mean to pay for whatever you have booked (excursions, concert tickets etc) you will have to pay by cash or traveller cheques. I dont think they are billing you for the service.
Old Jul 18, 2007, 1:13 pm

I would agree with Pauldublin; the "concierge bill" is a bill of of the tickets, etc., not a service charge.
Old Jul 18, 2007, 1:30 pm
BLV
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bhd87
I would agree with Pauldublin; the "concierge bill" is a bill of of the tickets, etc., not a service charge.
If airport transfers + private driver + boat cannot be charged to the room, the wording is very ambiguous with "concierge bill" & "concierge services" in two separate emails. I guess I'll know for sure once I get there.
Old Jul 18, 2007, 2:37 pm

Programs: QF Silver
It sounds as if the hotel will gladly accept a credit card from you as payment for their services as a cost of doing business, but if they are procuring third-party services on your behalf (e.g., advancing payment as a courtesy) they should be reimbursed in cash. The hotel shouldn't be expected to take a credit card from you for which they have to pay a 2-4% vigorish to the credit card company because you wish to go to the opera.
Old Jul 19, 2007, 7:34 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Some hotels may allow you to charge concierge booked activities to your folio but add a service charge to cover the credit card cost. I experienced this in April at the Grand Hyatt Dubai (not quite a luxury hotel but just for reference).
Old Jul 19, 2007, 11:30 am

This is a somewhat common practice in certain parts of Italy.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by speedbird001
This is a somewhat common practice in certain parts of Italy.

We just returned from the Bauer Il Palazzo in Venice and we had a number of third party charges placed through the concierge, i.e. meet and greet service at the airport, water taxi transfer to our cruise ship and the purchase of toiletries from a local pharmacy. All of these charges were automatically placed on our hotel bill and there was no request for cash payment. The only cash payment to the concierge was for his well earned gratuity.
Old Jul 20, 2007, 10:09 am
BLV
Original Poster

Originally Posted by laf747
All of these charges were automatically placed on our hotel bill and there was no request for cash payment. The only cash payment to the concierge was for his well earned gratuity.
Same here. Never encountered a "concierge bill" in Italy before. Transportation, dinner/ticket reservations were either charged directly to the room or I was told upfront that I'd have to pay the driver directly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.