Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ritz carlton berlin

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2007, 5:25 pm
In memoriam

Wireless033 - I agree with Driving Rain. Club lounges aren't meant to take the place of having a full meal. With that in mind - we found the club lounge at the Ritz Carlton was perfect - especially when we were getting over our jet lag - and eating relatively small amounts of food at relatively odd times. In terms of the cost - if you're a couple - and you drink - you will easily make up the cost of the club level (because the drinks there are gratis).

With regard to the staff - we thought they were professional. Friendly - sometimes talkative - sometimes not - they're individual people - and individuals tend to have different personalities. But - like I said - the service was always professional.

Concerning newspapers - the hotel did offer "internet printing" of many newspapers. Since I'm from the US - I have to remember that when it's 9 am in Berlin - it's 3 am in New York. So do I want to spend $3/day for an internet printing of the Wall Street Journal or the New York Times in the afternoon? No way - since I travel with a notebook and can simply read everything on line.

I never saw all that many black people in Germany. At least one of the "black" doormen you mentioned was an American whose sister lives near us (in Florida) who had recently been in the US armed forces serving in Germany. He had decided to stay in Germany for a while after he left the armed forces - and got his job as a doorman at the RC. We were at that hotel for almost a week - and there were many doormen - many were white - and a lot were from eastern Europe (their English wasn't very good - but I am a pretty talkative person and I always like to try to learn about people). I am not sure what your complaint is with regard to this. That there aren't black people working inside the hotel? If that is your complaint - perhaps it is justified - but I really don't have personal knowledge of the job qualifications for people who work at the hotel. Robyn

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.