Wiki Posts
Search

Mauritius

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2007, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Mauritius

Greetings all,

What lux hotels would you reccomend in Mauritius? I'm trying to look for something relatively close to the airport. My family and I will be arriving in the AM, and leaving the following AM.

The only lux hotels I have come across are the 2 O+O's, and the Oberoi.

Thanks,
bhd87
Old May 14, 2007, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

looks like one O&O has deflagged?

in addition to those 3 there is the Royal Palm and the Taj Exotica

i believe there has been some discussion of a few of these properties here.

Oberoi, Touessrok, St Geran = Virtuoso
Oberoi = FHR
Old May 18, 2007, 8:40 pm

Keep in mind that there aren't that many hotels near the airport on Mauritius, especially luxury hotels. Most lux are either on the north east or north west coasts, which in and of themselves doesn't present a problem other than the fact that going in MRU is slow and that you will be spending upwards of an hour and a half getting to and from those areas.

The closest area to the airport is Blue Bay. On one side is the Shandrani, which I have been told is very nice. On the other side are several smaller hotels, ranging from budget to midrange. That's where I stay, at a little local (non-luxury) joint called the Chantauvent. I couldn't remember the name of the Shandrani so I looked it up. Their website says it's part of the Beachcomber Hotels. Whether it's true Luxury, I have no idea. But for one day and considering the hassle of getting around the island.
Old May 18, 2007, 9:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TG Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Plat
Well at least the Taj is on the south side of the airport which is where the airport is.

The Oberoi is north (very long drive to the airport given the silly low speed limits) and the two O&O are East.
Old May 19, 2007, 9:55 am

Programs: Amex, Avis, BA, BD, CX, FS, Hertz, HH, IC, LH, NH, RC, RCCL, Sixt, SPG, SQ, UA
Oberoi is very far from everything.

O&O St. Geran looked nice to my in December, good food there.
Golf close by.
Old May 19, 2007, 10:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Taj is 28 miles SE of MRU

so you fly MRU-SSR for others?
Old Jul 24, 2007, 9:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

anyone know the Le Touessrok website? i would have sworn i found it before, but cant now. (it left One & Only at least 3 months ago)
Old Jul 24, 2007, 11:17 pm
Original Poster

I haven't seen their site since they left O+O. I did have a chance to visit Le Tuessrok when I was in MRU. It's an okay property but I found the island of Mauritius to be very depressing. Im glad I was only there for a day.

I remember one of the employees mentioning the new managing company for the resort, but totally forgot. Something like Sun Resorts or something.

Update: Sun Resorts always owned Le Touessrok, but had O+O managed it. Currently, Sun Resorts manages the property. The other resorts in MRU they own and manage include La Pirogue, Sugar Beach Resort, and Le Coco Beach.

This site has the contact information to Sun Resorts.

Last edited by bhd87; Jul 24, 2007 at 11:27 pm
Old Jul 25, 2007, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

thanks, i would have sworn there was like a sun resorts page with info, but there doesnt seem to be one. oh well.
Old Jul 26, 2007, 2:38 am

Programs: BA BD SA
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
anyone know the Le Touessrok website? i would have sworn i found it before, but cant now. (it left One & Only at least 3 months ago)
Here you go.
Old Jul 26, 2007, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

thanks! ^

ill have to remember to try adding "resort" and "hotel" in urls when making blind attempts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.