Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four Seasons Westlake Village

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2019, 9:37 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bz98
Has anyone gone recently? We are planning to stay in August 2019 (waterfall view room, hoping for upgrade via FSPP) - reviews on tripadvisor seem to suggest the hotel has improved?
It's a fake waterfall, much of which has been turned off on a lot of occasions when I was there. It masks some freeway noise as just beyond it is US101.
offerendum likes this.
Old Jan 14, 2019, 9:42 pm

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
It's a fake waterfall, much of which has been turned off on a lot of occasions when I was there. It masks some freeway noise as just beyond it is US101.
I do recall this is one of your favorite properties, Richard. Courtyard by Four Seasons? 😉
offerendum likes this.
Old May 28, 2019, 4:58 pm

I have a question about the daily breakfast for two available through FSPP. I am interested in the Sunday Champagne brunch, which I assume is not covered by the FSPP breakfast amenity, but am curious if we can get a partial credit by using our breakfast perk. Is it the daily breakfast really a dollar value that is credited to your room for breakfast?
Old May 29, 2019, 7:46 am
formerly htang333
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: Virtuoso, Top Ranked: Four Seasons (Top 25 Advisor), AMAN (Top 50), Rosewood, Hyatt Prive, etc.
Originally Posted by alf0906
I have a question about the daily breakfast for two available through FSPP. I am interested in the Sunday Champagne brunch, which I assume is not covered by the FSPP breakfast amenity, but am curious if we can get a partial credit by using our breakfast perk. Is it the daily breakfast really a dollar value that is credited to your room for breakfast?
The daily breakfast via FSPP is technically "daily Full American breakfast for two..." but sometimes they are happy to give you a credit for it to make it easier on you. Have done this for a client before but not lately. So not sure if it's possible. But worth asking.
Old May 29, 2019, 12:34 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

I no longer have a reason to stay at this particular Four Seasons Lite, but as I recall, when the buffet wasn't covered, your only other option was room service. That, to me, was preferable anyhow because service in the restaurant was awful.
Old Apr 16, 2022, 5:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1MM, WN CP, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Gold, IC Plat
Had a 2-night stay last month for a conference (not on my dime) and can share the following observations:
  • Location - Quiet but not particularly attractive as you are in the middle of some kind of office park/retail zoning. Right off the freeway so maybe convenient if you are here for meetings or have business in Thousand Oaks or the western San Fernando Valley but otherwise not great for leisure stays. Not anywhere near the beach.
  • Parking - Easy to find a space but grossly overpriced at $25 per night - valet is even higher if you want to skip the 500 ft walk to the garage. Alas this is a pure profit center everywhere now. Unlikely to find cheaper options or street parking anywhere nearby.
  • Rooms - Standard FS, very luxurious compared to most chain properties, IMO much nicer than the dated rooms I find at St. Regis, Intercons, etc. Definitely nicer than the low end Ritz Carltons.
  • Food - Extremely disappointing, maybe due to the (low) conference budget. Nothing really healthy offered at breakfast or lunch buffets except for weed aka mixed green salads, etc.
  • Bar - Reasonably lively but bartender insisted on closing down at 11pm even though he had a full crowd. I get it, maybe he's tired, but to forego all those tips after business has been dead for months? Bizarre.
  • Grounds - alas did not do much outdoors due to the rain but the garden and pool looked nice.
  • No covid service reductions that I could see, room was cleaned daily.
Overall I think it was good value at the group rate ($255/nt) but no way I would pay $500/nt for this location, basically in the outer burbs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.