Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FS Bali resorts- short review

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2007, 9:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Michelin Girl
Our Sayan villa was reportedly the one that the owners use when they are there. It is one of the newer/ newest villas so the interiors are modern and lovely. I had a chance to look at several of the river villas and they indeed looked old and worn-out compared to our ridge villa. Our ridge villa was also much quieter. The river is the one of the attractions at Sayan, but if you are concerned about shabby-ish interiors, I suggest asking the hotel to give you their newest villas.

Also we ate at the Amans and the food was the same quality as at FS : good and enjoyable enough, but not a Michelin 3-star meal. In fact, FS had more variety. I would stay there again.
I definitely picked up on the fact that our "river" villa was slighly worn. I also felt that it was close to needing an update. But again I felt this was a very minor issue. I loved being down close to the river, it felt like I was within the jungle itself, plus the sound the river makes is relaxing. Around mid -afternoon river rafters come through and you can hear them laughing and yelling. I was not bothered by that. Maybe one day I'll try a "ridge" villa.

Next time I'm in Bali, I think the perfect combo stay would be FS Sayan and Amankila.

FS Sayan is featured extensively in Conde Nast Gold List.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 8:10 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
It seems that for 3 adult pax one must book a 2 BR villa at each property? Is it anyway possible to squeeze in a 3rd adult in a 1 BR villa at either Sayan or Jimbaran Bay?
Old Jan 15, 2007, 5:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by luxury
It seems that for 3 adult pax one must book a 2 BR villa at each property? Is it anyway possible to squeeze in a 3rd adult in a 1 BR villa at either Sayan or Jimbaran Bay?
Short answer from the 2 villas that I had at Sayan and Jimbaran is no.

Unless the staff brings in a fold out cot/bed during evening turn down and takes it away during the morning turnover, I just can't see it happening. Our villas while spacious really had no room for another small bed, without violating Four Seasons standards and taste. But on the other hand, I hear they try.to honor special requests.
Old Jan 15, 2007, 6:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

at least for sayan, it says "2 adults or 2 adults and 1 child" for the 1BR villas on the FS site
Old Feb 19, 2007, 10:18 am

Novus Bali Villa Resort

Just bought a few nights at this place on skyauction. Does anyone know anything about the place?
Old Feb 19, 2007, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

probably better to ask here >
http://flyertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=460

or try PMing this guy >
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=4425736
Old Feb 22, 2007, 6:51 am

Does anyone have any comments on the normals suites at the FS Sayan Resort? Everything I read here is always on the villas, just wonder how the smaller accommodations are.
Old Jun 19, 2007, 5:19 pm

I stayed in FS Sayan's suite few years ago. This is just from memory...

It's a duplex - one enters through the upper level. There is a sitting area and a powder room. Downstairs is a bedroom with an outdoor space and master bathroom and walk-in closet. There is no view to speak of, but I love the water feature in the "corridors" leading to the suites and the water feature right outside the bathroom. It sounds very peaceful.

I also spent one night in one of the villas recently. It has a wonderful plunge pool with an outdoor shower. Single floor, no powder room, just a massive master bath with a dressing room. There is a covered outdoor seating area as well as seating area in the bedroom.

IMHO, the regular suites are quite fabulous.

Originally Posted by tbonephile
Does anyone have any comments on the normals suites at the FS Sayan Resort? Everything I read here is always on the villas, just wonder how the smaller accommodations are.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.