Wiki Posts
Search

DC Hotel Spas (2nd best?)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2006, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

DC Hotel Spas (2nd best?)

MO seems to be the clear winner, but I'm not sure my aunt would be comfortable with me paying for it. (gift)

So, either RC 22nd, FS, or Elizabeth Arden.

Any thoughts?
Old Dec 30, 2006, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA2, DL2, Amtrak2, US2, SPG1, MAR2
FS has the edge over RC 22nd (Sports Club LA), but neither really shines for spa services. The health facility at FS has been updated recently, though it has not become (nor was it intended to be) a destination spa. The FS also seems to attract an older demographic which may be a plus, minus or neither depending on your personal preference.

Dont know anything about the Red Door other than it is most likely like the other Red Doors around the country.

Help your Aunt out with the tip and spring for the MO!
Old Dec 30, 2006, 2:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

thanks!

FS has the edge in terms of treatment options or quality?

http://www.washingtonian.com/article...ping/2376.html made RC sound better option wise, while it sounds like FS has great private rooms.

this must be the only downside of the FS site, that there isn't more info on spa and other services.

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Dec 30, 2006 at 5:10 pm
Old Jan 3, 2007, 3:57 pm

I am a big fan of massages at the Four Seasons spa. I've been going there for years and have always had great ones. The first time I went there, the staff went way out of its way to accommodate me, even though I wasn't a hotel guest and I've been going back ever since. The locker room is pretty much always deserted, which I like - makes it feel private - and is well stocked with products. There are great showers, a steam room and sauna. The overall experience is very relaxing and quiet.

By contrast, my lone experience with the spa at the Sports Club/LA in the R-C was the complete opposite -- loud and not relaxing. I had to wait in the crowded and freezing waiting area in a skimpy towel because they were out of robes, there was lots of activity and conversation in the hallway outside the treatment rooms and the locker room was packed.

If you end up going to Elizabeth Arden, the Pentagon Row location has much better staff than the Wisconsin Avenue one in DC.
Old Jan 4, 2007, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

great info, thanks asdca and drivingrain ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.