Community
Wiki Posts
Search

ritz carlton key biscayne

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2006, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

ritz carlton key biscayne

what do you think of this ritz carlton compared to others such as naples, grand cayman and south beach.....was thinking of going there during christmas vacation....please tell me your thoughts on this property, thanks.
Old Jul 15, 2006, 6:34 pm

Programs: Amex Biz Cent, Marriott LTP, Avis PC, Hilton Owners Diamond, AS MVP
This property is beautiful. My family stayed there for a few nights at the end of a cruise about 3 or 4 years ago. I don't know about winter, but we were there in April and it was amazing. The rooms were very nice and the staff was extremely nice to all of us. This was BEFORE I had a centurion card or any premium memberships, so if you don't have some sort of premium card like amex plat or cent, I am sure that you will get exceptional service. However if you do have one of said premium cards, you will get more perks and such. Maybe even a slightly higher level of service?
Old Oct 12, 2006, 8:03 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
After 5 years of loyalty to the FS-Palm Beach, they upped their prices on suites one too many times (now $3,800/night for a 2BR suite!), and I decided to try the RC-Biscayne instead. Heading down there next week (Oct 20th).

A small concern out of the gates is that there is no FHR rate or package on high end suites, nor did they have 2BR suites on the club floor (and they wouldn't offer club access, at least over the phone, even for a fee). We'll see what, if anything, they do.

Any recent experiences at the hotel?

Is the top restautant, Cioppino, noteworthy?

Appreciate your thoughts.
Old Oct 13, 2006, 5:24 am

I have been many times. Great facilities and wonderful beach. You feel you are out of the city but it is only 20 minutes away. I highly recomend it.
Old Oct 13, 2006, 8:59 am
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
One Word Four South Florida Lux: Aqualina
Old Oct 17, 2006, 7:11 pm
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT+2MM / DL DM+1MM / A3 *G / Fairmont LT Plat / Ritz Gold / SPG Gold
Originally Posted by ABG
One Word Four South Florida Lux: Aqualina
Interesting idea. We're locked into the RC-KB at this point, but I would like to consider this in the future.

How many times have you stayed at this property?

From reviewing their site, two things come to mind:

(a) It wasn't clear if this property was directly on the beach, and, if so, what the beach situation was. (ie: is it a very crowded public beach?) Do you have details.

(b) My experiences with Rosewood have always been "so close to being great," but some aspects just didn't come together. Does this one come together completely?
Old Jan 21, 2010, 10:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
I stayed at Ritz-Carlton, Key Biscayne once on my birthday. I think I got a good rate at less than 400 bucks with a package (parking, breakfast) and the resort was big. They got their own private beach but I didn't go because their swimming pool was much nicer. They have really nice Cabana there but the rate was just as expensive as the room so we didn't really book it.

The room was quite roomy, I got a regular room and it comes with balcony too. The balcony wasn't really outstanding. The reason is that the metal chair seemed to be a bit rusty outside and the look at the chair and the table didn't look completely luxury to me.

I can't remember what they provided for the shower/ bathing but it was something I like very much, made in London. My girlfriend loved the shampoo and the conditioner particularly, they smell really good and they are those that you could find in Saks.

The breakfast that comes with the package was really great, we were setting outside at the cafe and it was one of the best hotel breakfast that i ever had, I strongly recommend you to try it even if you don't have a package. Food is great, and the sun is great too, you would enjoy the vibe.

The restaurants in the hotel are also great too. the menu is not very very extensive but the environment is very relaxing and they have a few different themes from "voyage" to some tribe feeling in the wild to clubbing scene. If you don't want to drive back out to Miami for dinner, you could definitely give it a try.

Overall experience is a bit above average. Ritz Carlton has that old money style that is consistent at least within the states so there is no surprise there.

One thing though, when we checked out, they made some mistakes on the bill and didn't notice the package that i paid for already and charged me double, i don't expect things like that to happen in a luxury hotel chain like this.

I might not go back again to this particular hotel just because there was nothing too particular about this hotel, but for a coffee or afternoon tea- definitely!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.