Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

Amanpulo, Philippines (Consolidated/review thread)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 12, 2018, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Kagehitokiri
Print Wikipost

Amanpulo, Philippines (Consolidated/review thread)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2007, 8:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

it doesnt include meals

http://amanresorts.com/rates.aspx?id=2876

VS

http://amanresorts.com/rates.aspx?id=2784
http://amanresorts.com/rates.aspx?id=2600
Old Aug 14, 2007, 9:21 pm

Programs: LH Senator, CX Diamond, UA Prem Plat, Fans of MO Elite
Actually, if booking an "Exclusives" package, then some meals at Amanpulo may be included. For example, Tennis at Amanpulo includes daily breakfast; Underwater Experience at Amanpulo includes full daily breakfast and one gourmet lunch picnic basket; Romance at Amanpulo includes three meals a day. However, Yoga at Amanpulo doesn't seem to cover any meals.

If not booking a package, then I don't think that the cost of meals is overly expensive. I just don't remember the prices.

++ is a reference to a 10% service charge and a 12% government tax.

Note that roundtrip air transfer between Amanpulo and Manila is US$350.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 10:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

ah..

$650 or $850 depending on season for beach casita, but $1002 with the romance package. $352 seems high, but $152 seems like a ridiculously great deal.
Old Aug 14, 2007, 11:23 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks folks, this should give them sufficient to go on. The work is in Manila for a while (we just rented office space quite near to the Makati Shangri-La) and this is a couple looking for a short break before heading home. The time will be towards the end of November. Assuming the romance package is updated then, it looks like the deal.

Very helpful! Again, thanks.
Old Aug 15, 2007, 5:55 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
The romance package is a very good deal and GREAT fun! The renewing of the vows in particular...
Old Aug 17, 2007, 12:55 am

Aman has B&B rates but no full board as far as I know. However prices for meals are cheap by international standards -- at least the last time I was there -- so meal costs shouldn't be a worry. What is expensive, though, are the treatments and the use of facilities such as cruisers, etc. These are all international rates, although still not fantastically expensive.

Aman has very good security, although I must say, it is in the middle of nowhere and a probable Abu Sayaf raid has long been whispered about. However, they have vigilant security, an ultra high-tech radar system for detecting movement in the area, and an understanding with the nearest military stations -- plus their own security gear.

This is a place to get away from it all, though. You had better like the beach if you're heading here, as there is nothing much else to do but swim and lie down.
Old Aug 17, 2007, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Amanwana and Amansara have mandatory full board.

but after seeing that the Romance Package @ Amanpulo is also full board, i wonder if other properties have similar packages?
Old Aug 20, 2007, 12:05 pm

Programs: CO, NH
Has anyone here been to Amanpulo solo? Or can anyone comment on what they think it would be like solo for a single female traveler? Thanks
Old Aug 22, 2007, 10:50 am
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Welcome to FT, hotsnakes! No direct experience here, but having lived in the country for three years, and adding to that the Aman reputation, I bet you would be treated very well and be taken care of wonderfully. Just don't go expecting to meet other singles!
Old Aug 22, 2007, 12:39 pm

Thanks, Richard! I have been eyeing Amanpulo for a long time but always wondered if it was exclusively a honeymoon-type place. I've never been to an Aman. No need for a singles' party scene here...if I can get along OK and just enjoy that beach, I'll have exactly what I want. I'm considering booking in early-to-mid-February.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 3:50 pm

hotsnakes, I havent been to amanpulo but I think amanwana would be a great place for a solo holiday as there is so much to do and a beautiful place to relax.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 4:34 pm

Thanks for the tip, Paul. I like the idea of stopping in Manila (never been there; always wanted to), but Amanwana looks beautiful as well...so I will have to investigate!
Old Aug 24, 2007, 4:22 pm

Because it's a (small) island with cottages far apart for romantic privacy (and almost complete darkness all around), Amanpulo can get pretty lonely unless you're really there to get away from it all. Also, you basically fly in and fly out so there is nowhere else to go but the resort -- unlike many other Amans.

However, Amanpulo's beach is unlike any other in the world. And if you've always fancied the feeling of having your own private island with a fabulous beach, this is where you should go.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 6:58 pm

Thank you for your opinion, Michelin Girl. It is much appreciated! I figured the vibe to be very isolated. So long as I'll feel welcome as a single girl, I have no problem with the isolation. Though Amanwana looks very cool too, the beach at Amanpulo is my dream. I'm leaning heavily towards booking this along with Manila in early '08.
Old Aug 24, 2007, 7:13 pm

If you plan to book within December - February at Amanpulo, though, you should book as quickly as possible as this is peak season over there. Have fun!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.