Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Luxury Hotels and Travel
Reload this Page >

WDW Grand Floridian - Just how bad is the Sugar Loaf concierge building?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WDW Grand Floridian - Just how bad is the Sugar Loaf concierge building?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2005, 6:12 pm
Original Poster
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Hi everybody,

Thanks for reviving this ol' post of mine. As of this writing, we have all secured rooms and suites on the concierge level of the main building.

Luxury - if you are still wondering if this is really a luxury hotel, I suppose it's hard to say for sure. I can tell you that our tiny room is $695, and the tiny suites (just a separate sitting area, really) are between $1,200-$1,400, not including the cost of meals, park tickets, etc. At these Aman-level prices, I can assure you it's high crime. But it makes the Gold List every year, and the restaurant (Victoria and Albert's) is outstanding. We were able to secure the chef's table in the kitchen this time around which should be fun. I suppose the Grand Floridian is the best on-property choice. The Ritz Carlton is just too far away for my sprawling family of 16.

Thanks again for all the great feedback.
Old Jul 5, 2005, 7:22 pm

Programs: SPG GL, AA GL
Does the Polynesian Concierge floor offer free alcohol?
Old Jul 6, 2005, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Originally Posted by adamak
Does the Polynesian Concierge floor offer free alcohol?
The last time I was in it, it did (it may have been just wine & beer). However, it has been at least 3 years since I've stayed there and they have remodeled the conceirge building and perhaps changed the offerings too.

You can check one of the fan sites previously mentioned. They have extensive lists of what's included in concierge.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.