Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Ritz London

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2007, 11:48 am

Programs: DL Diamond, SPG Gold. I share these affiliations so that you can ask me questions about the programs
I have very good memories of the Ritz in London (post renovation). If possible get a junior suite, requesting one on a corner with a view of the park. Dinner in the dining room in particular is a magical experience. Is there information about the new rooms available on the park? I was unable to locate pictures or descriptions of the new addition.
Old Jun 4, 2007, 1:57 pm

Thumbs up I love the dorchester.

I love the Dorchester. the beds are wonderfull, most rooms are great, the staff are attentive, the restaurants are all good, this year i have tried six London hotels including the ritz, savoy, claridges, the Halkin. The Dorchester is the one for me then the Lanesborgh, great locations great service. I am not a filmstar or a shiek? @:-)
Old Jul 17, 2007, 2:03 pm

Programs: United 1K, American EXP & 3 Million Miler, Hyatt Globalist & Marriott Ambassador Elite
Originally Posted by Bruiser
Has anyone stayed at this hotel recently? I would like to try it because of the location, but it sounds a bit stuffy, even by London standards. Any special rooms, views, I should consider? Before anyone starts on other hotels, we have (often) been to the Dorchester, Lanesborough, MO, but have eventually found them wanting in some regard. Thanks for any input -
A Trip ReportUpon check in, we were welcomed and the clerk took us to a beautiful room, complete with plush bathrobes, fireplace and park views. What was most impressive is how the staff made us feel welcome as if visiting an old friend's home. They even brought us a bucket of ice for a bottle of champagne we picked up in transit without being asked and were service oriented without being overbearing. As compared to other Four Seasons, the Ritz London is most certainly a cut above and well worth the price if only for a night or two.
Old Jul 18, 2007, 3:40 pm

I actually like the Ritz over the MO. The Ritz may be slightly old-fashioned and some of the rooms are small, unless you get the Green Park view ones. I also have stayed in a room overlooking the main street and it was not bad in terms of size. The service is excellent and everything is done nicely.

We used to stay many times at the MO at some point -- primarily for the convenience to shopping during sale season -- but were always turned off by the service and the big disparity between rooms. Somehow we always got lousy rooms and would have to ask to see two or three other rooms before getting an okay one. Also, as the hotel is perpetually busy for quite a small building, we were constantly hearing footsteps and noises from above and also from the corridors. I found the service very nouveau and always too busy except for big-time VIPs. The saving graces were Foliage, a wonderful restaurant with great staff and food, and the spa, which I still find the best in London. However, we have stopped using MO. Also, I'm actually writing this from London, and the building next to MO has just been torn down so there is a funny gaping "wound" in the side of the building that does not look pleasant at all; and now there's lots of traffic in that area from construction equipment and activity that has taken up one side of the street, and I can imagine lots of noise as well in the daytime from the next-door construction. Be warned!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.